Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2008, 20:28   #106
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,018
Thanked: 3,469 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachu View Post
Now I am actually wondering whether I would want to replace it for a minor scratch. The day was anyway spoiled and even the splendid drive of the car didn't cheer me up. I understand that the spare bumpers are painted at the dealer side and am not sure whether it will have the same quality as the original one.
Sachu, you can be sure of the fact that the bumper would definitely match upto how it was on the new car. Frankly, there is no need to replace the bumper, they do a good job getting rid of the scratches.

Now, where are the pics?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 21:12   #107
BHPian
 
Path_Finder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Congrats buddy.Hows your new ride?
If it is a minor scracth dont change it.Please post photos.
Sachu, Congrats on your new car.

I also agree that if it is scratch only, then do not change the bumper. Even the new one will not come color matched from factory, they will in fact get raw one and paint it at the dealer place.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 21:41   #108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hey Sachu, congrats on your new ride.

If it's only a superficial scratch on the paint, go by what everyone else on the forums already advised, just get it painted at the dealer. If it's a deep one on the bumper, then if they are replacing it let them.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 21:47   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Guys, my dealer called today evening and mentioned that there's no way he can get the 1.6S in Aquarius colour delivered by the 4th / 5th of Nov. He mentioned that the colour isn't in stock at the Ford factory and they'll have to get a fresh piece painted and assembled. I believe he's also tried with other dealers in Mumbai and the other dealer in Pune, but none of them have a 1.6S in Aquarius colour in stock.
He expects that I should tentatively have the car on the 16th / 17th of Nov. If I want a delivery prior to that then he's got the 1.6S available in other colours, but I feel it's not worth it. I actually liked the Aquarius colour and I feel the 1.6S loses out on it's individuality (if you take the other colours) since the Aquarius colour is unique to this model.

Darn 2 - 3 weeks more is a long wait.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 22:01   #110
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Guys, my dealer called today evening and mentioned that there's no way he can get the 1.6S in Aquarius colour delivered by the 4th / 5th of Nov. He mentioned that the colour isn't in stock at the Ford factory and they'll have to get a fresh piece painted and assembled. I believe he's also tried with other dealers in Mumbai and the other dealer in Pune, but none of them have a 1.6S in Aquarius colour in stock.
He expects that I should tentatively have the car on the 16th / 17th of Nov. If I want a delivery prior to that then he's got the 1.6S available in other colours, but I feel it's not worth it. I actually liked the Aquarius colour and I feel the 1.6S loses out on it's individuality (if you take the other colours) since the Aquarius colour is unique to this model.

Darn 2 - 3 weeks more is a long wait.
Glenn i am really sorry about the last car i pulled from the factory.Most probably i will get it tomorrow.Truck is here in Trivandrum waiting for the cars to get unloaded.There are 2 Fiesta S in the truck one is my blue aquarius and another one is morello.Tomorrow i am going to showroom before they unloade cars.
You better wait for blue,its damn bright colour.Dont miss it Glenn.
@sachu can u please confirm whether the headunit is 6cd player or not?
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 22:18   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
You better wait for blue,its damn bright colour.Dont miss it Glenn.
Yes that's true, the Aquarius is a darn cool colour, and I'll wait for that one itself, one thing though is that if the delay is going to be much longer I'll cancel the Fiesta and maybe reconsider something else. A bit cheesed off now since I don't have a vehicle anymore. I sold my old one already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
@sachu can u please confirm whether the headunit is 6cd player or not?
Hey I thought the Fiesta came with a single disc MP3 player.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 22:22   #112
BHPian
 
-GS-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 384
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
@sachu can u please confirm whether the headunit is 6cd player or not?
It's not a 6 CD player.
Attached Images
 
-GS- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 22:30   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Yup that's a 2DIN, single disc MP3 player. Should be good enough since with MP3's in high quality (320kbps) you can still fit a sizeable number on 1 CD.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2008, 22:38   #114
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Yup that's a 2DIN, single disc MP3 player. Should be good enough since with MP3's in high quality (320kbps) you can still fit a sizeable number on 1 CD.
Its pretty decent sound compare to other OE music system.Headunit is Sanyo.I dont know which make is speakers.There are 6 speakers including tweeter.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 01:26   #115
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default ICE ain't that cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Its pretty decent sound compare to other OE music system. Headunit is Sanyo. I dont know which make is speakers.There are 6 speakers including tweeter.
Sorry to disagree Jerry. The sound system begs a lot to be replaced. It's not good sounding at all. Speakers are very cheap with flat, slim magnets and cones. Even the HU ain't that great. It's a Sanyo?
I hope you haven't sold your ICE from the Octy!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 06:56   #116
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Sorry to disagree Jerry. The sound system begs a lot to be replaced. It's not good sounding at all. Speakers are very cheap with flat, slim magnets and cones. Even the HU ain't that great. It's a Sanyo?
I hope you haven't sold your ICE from the Octy!
Zakko compared to other OE music system it is far far better.Whatever it is i will change it later.
I sold it already.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 08:13   #117
Distinguished - BHPian
 
jkdas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thiruvananthapu
Posts: 9,661
Thanked: 1,389 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Sorry to disagree Jerry. The sound system begs a lot to be replaced. It's not good sounding at all. Speakers are very cheap with flat, slim magnets and cones. Even the HU ain't that great. It's a Sanyo?
I hope you haven't sold your ICE from the Octy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Zakko compared to other OE music system it is far far better.Whatever it is i will change it later.
I sold it already.
Woke up early it seems?

If you are interested I will give you an option for ICE upgrade, a really nice one. PM if interested asap.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 08:33   #118
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Woke up early it seems?

If you are interested I will give you an option for ICE upgrade, a really nice one. PM if interested asap.
Is it something like lottery?
Any free upgradations are always welcome.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 08:45   #119
BHPian
 
ssriram75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 51
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Oh that's cool then Jerish, if your car is already despatched you will definitely get it soon. Maybe even before the 4th/5th of Nov since it takes a max of around 8 days after ordering. (Cheers)

And by the way, a week or two is definitely better than a wait of 6 - 8 weeks for some poor folks who booked the ANHC. I can't imagine how they must be waiting for the days to advance.

In my case, the dealer mentioned that the Ford Automobiles despatch department is closed in the coming week, so if my vehicle gets despatched tomorrow (a weak possibility) I'd get it soon, otherwise I guess it would get pushed much farther.

I guess we should open a thread dedicated to Fiesta 1.6 / Fiesta 1.6S owner experiences, as for the Fiesta 1.6S I can already count 4 of us now.
1. sathee46 (A proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Sachu (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - anytime soon.
3. Jerish666 (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 4th or 5th Nov
4. Autoenthusiast (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 5th to 12th Nov (Counting the days and the minutes left )
Count me in. Taken delivery on Sept 12th. 1.6S Aquarius - read head turner -
ssriram75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2008, 09:01   #120
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goa
Posts: 417
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Yes Ssriram, have done the modifications ;-)

1. Sathee46 (A proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Ssriram (Another proud owner of the 1.6S)
2. Sachu (Another proud owner of the 1.6S)
3. Jerish666 (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - any moment ! He's eyeballed his beauty & beast being offloaded the truck already ;-)
4. Autoenthusiast (Booked vehicle) Expected delivery date - 16th / 17th Nov (Darn long wait, the Aquarius colour is out of stock)

Can you pls. post an initial ownership review on the 1.6S, the only one today on the 1.6S is from Sathee46. And looking forward to the photos. Cheers.
autoenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
honda city v-tec plus (june 2008 launch) or new honda city (Oct 2008 launch)? nnandi Sedans 16 28th October 2008 17:03
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Sxi/ Honda City Gxi / VTEC udit78 Sedans 58 31st August 2006 13:52
new honda city OR ford fiesta ashish_11 Sedans 33 18th March 2006 21:18
Honda City Gxi or Ford Fiesta ankit.agl The Indian Car Scene 8 16th March 2006 22:09
ford fiesta tdci or honda city zx gxi dadudeonfire The Indian Car Scene 43 20th November 2005 12:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:34.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks