Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 30th October 2008, 18:16   #16
BHPian

Hi

I am in the same problem as you are my research says the following
1) Power although ANHC has more BHP have heard that it is marginally better than SX4 and verna Crdi is much better in power than SX4. So not so sure about ANHC power
2) Interiors . i dont think AHNC compares with verna interiors. Ppl are most saddened by the interiors of AHNC
3) FE - verna will definetly have a better FE than AHNC and i think that will compensate for the extra maintainence of diesel engine.
4) Safety - This is one problem in verna. Had verna had airbags would have booked the verna as of now

I think verna should be the car as higher maintainence cost will be compensated in the lower running cost and in verna you get much better interiors.

Regards,
Gourav Sinha
gouravsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 17:14   #17
BHPian

Now I am even more confused. I was not interested in Fiesta because, it looks from a segment below ANHC and Verna. But only after looking at pics of New Fiesta Sedan on net my mind has completely turned around. The looks according to me are much better and futuristic even compared to the ANHC. Do any one know when will this car come to India? Will it be more expensive then current Fiesta?
Please follow the links to see the pictures of new Fiesta Sedan:
Front
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-conte...1/fiesta01.jpg
Rear
http://www.carplace.com.br/wp-conten...erve_sedan.jpg
VikCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 20:01   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
Now I am even more confused. I was not interested in Fiesta because, it looks from a segment below ANHC and Verna. But only after looking at pics of New Fiesta Sedan on net my mind has completely turned around. The looks according to me are much better and futuristic even compared to the ANHC. Do any one know when will this car come to India? Will it be more expensive then current Fiesta?
Front
Rear
Those pics look like concepts. It will take a while to come into production (if it ever does). I've attached the pics so its easier for everyone.

Reading through your posts, it seems to me that your heart says verna (and you want tbhp members to back you on it) and someone else is pushing the ANHC as an option and thus you are confused.

Just go with your heart. however, if i were in your place, i'd select the verna.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tejas@perioimpl : 31st October 2008 at 20:04.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 20:08   #19
BHPian

Man VERNA is a very beautiful car indeed.
But as per your requirement buying a diesel would be of no sense as your annual run is just 5000kms.
Go for ANHC. It will give you a new "fresh car on road" kind of feeling.
live2drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 21:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Front
Rear

Actually im also in a similar situation like you . Only difference is my purchase is next year . After seeing the New Fiesta sedan concept i was hoping Ford brings it next year. Yup it surely should be in the ANHC price levels if launched. I think it ll come only after 2009. I think you should just go for the City as per your usage .
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 21:20   #21
BHPian

If this really a concept car then I think Fiesta is ruled out. Only reason being Fiesta is an old product and my personal feeling is that Fiesta looks a segment below ANHC. Now I have just seen the new model Fiesta S which comes loaded with so many goodies at an economical price. Is it fair to Give it a try?

Now my point is that I like the looks of ANHC and people are saying it's performance is not going to be close to Verna. But on the other hand my annual driving is below 5000 Km so people advice me to go for a petrol car. I don't really like the looks of Verna. But when it comes to driving pleasure I don't want to compromise on that. That is what's confusing me and I am unable to decide the better car for myself.
Hopefully the TD of ANHC going to help me decide. But TD is not yet available, so lets weight and watch.

I would like Team BHP members to advice on the same. Which one out of Fiesta S, Verna & ANHC going to be the best option for me.

"Thanks for all your suggestions"
Old 31st October 2008, 21:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Front
Rear
Your heart seems to be with Verna! Then go for it. The only drawback as I mentioned earlier is lack of airbags which is important. There is some rumor of new Verna coming in end November, which will have dual airbags. So you can wait, enquire (& speculate) and then buy.

Few other considerations:
Fiesta is not a segment below ANHC. It is just priced higher. If you can afford the ANHC, then I suggest you look at the Cedia as an alternative. It is actually a segment higher car and has all the features and refinement missing in ANHC at almost the same price.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 21:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

If the interior and few missing features like Fog lamps etc are not a concern go for ANHC. Advantages it has is safety features, good resale value, Your kms are quiet less per year so petrol/diesel is not an issue, much better looking than Verna, also looks much bigger, its a brand new model with a new engine so you will get a special feeling as mentioned by GTO.
Verna is a good car and a pleasure to drive. However ANHC scores on the above points!
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 12:52   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
There is some rumor of new Verna coming in end November, which will have dual airbags. So you can wait, enquire (& speculate) and then buy.

Few other considerations:
Fiesta is not a segment below ANHC. It is just priced higher. If you can afford the ANHC, then I suggest you look at the Cedia as an alternative. It is actually a segment higher car and has all the features and refinement missing in ANHC at almost the same price.
Is it true that New Verna is coming. I don't really like the shape of Verna which is forcing me to go for ANHC. But if Verna is coming out in a new shape, then it is worth waiting another month or two. Do anyone have pictures and specifications of new Verna then please share.
Secondly, the base model of Cedia is around 1 Lac expensive compared to the Top manual (S-MT) model of ANHC and Mitsubishi logo do not hold a good reputation so I have ruled out Cedia.
Old 1st November 2008, 12:54   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Your heart seems to be with Verna! Then go for it. The only drawback as I mentioned earlier is lack of airbags which is important. There is some rumor of new Verna coming in end November, which will have dual airbags. So you can wait, enquire (& speculate) and then buy.
Please throw some more light on this. Cause airbags are the one reason that is missing in verna as said so many times. If new verna with airbags is coming then my confusion of AHC and Verna gets solvedcheers:
gouravsinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2008, 13:17   #26
BHPian

I just have a question in my mind, which I would like to share.
According to me Bhp stands for power, pickup and high speed capability of cars. But here Verna CRDI have 110 Bhp compared to 118 Bhp of ANHC and people are saying that Verna CRDI have better pickup and overall driving experience is better compared to ANHC. please explain is the Bhp figures just fake or Bhp means some thing else then what I thought?
Old 1st November 2008, 22:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

VikCho, Just my 2 cents....

Although I can understand why you are leaning towards the ANHC, but for your kind of running, I think the Fiesta 1.6 S is still a good car for you. The reason behind this is the fact that you mentioned you do not want to compromise on driving pleasure.

If you think that the Fiesta is a segment below the ANHC, is it just because of the BHP figures, or the space? IMO, a car with a huge BHP figure is no fun unless it has the dynamics and the chassis. I think the Fiesta 1.6 S scores here, because arguably, the Fiesta 1.6 S is more fun-to-drive than both the Verna CRDi and the ANHC.

Last edited by architect : 1st November 2008 at 22:45.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 15:23   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2drive View Post
Man VERNA is a very beautiful car indeed.
What's sauce for the goose may not be sauce for the gander!!!
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 21:23   #29
BHPian

Default The Ford photos emulate new Mondeo

Guys,

The pics of the concept car is actually same as what is running here in UK as new Ford Mondeo... Ford :: Mondeo :: Introduction#
Shyamtanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2008, 13:24   #30
BHPian

Default Verna out. Now 'Fiesta S" vs 'ANHC" vs "Cedis ALPG"

Dear friends,
Tomorrow I went to visit Hyundai showroom to take a final decision and TD Verna CRDI but the salesman there told me if you don't have a run of at least 80 Km daily don't even conceder Verna CRDI. He told me why to spend nearly 1.5 Lacs extra for Diesel which has high servicing and maintenance cost compared to Petrol. He added after conceding my usage pattern that I am not going to use petrol worth 1.5 Lacs in next five years. Frankly Verna petrol is out of my consideration as I donít like itís performance and looks.

Now the only choice I am left with was ANHC, but it is not yet out even for TD. So I unwillingly went to a nearby Ford showroom just to have a look at Fiesta S. Well I must confess that it is almost a mind-blowing car at that price point. Fully loaded and the TD was also satisfying but not to the level I expected after considering it an upgrade of Ikon 1.6 Zxi.

On the way back I saw a Mitsubishi Showroom and as advised by the member Path_Finder I went to conceder Cedia, which according to me was 1 lac more expensive to Top model ANHC. But to my surprise dealer offered me a discount of Rs. 75000 on the ALPG Cedia as I have to pay only Ex-showroom amount and take the vehicle home. Is this a great deal? I was unable to view and TD as car was not on display on the showroom. Salesman promised me to bring the car to my site for a TD today.

Now conceding that I am Getting Fiesta S for Rs. 7.76 Lacs and Cedia ALPG for 9.09 Lacs on Road.

Now some questions in my mind are:

Q1. Is it worth to wait for ANHC?

-ves:

-First and Major most is 160 mm of ground clearance with a huge wheelbase. I think the underbody of car will keep getting screeched every speed barker and you know the condition of roads in Delhi and NCR.
-The back seat doesn't have a good lumber support for long journey it can be tiresome. Even the support is less by 15 mm compared to NHC.
-Rear speakers at door. According to me for a good sound output the speakers must be placed on back tray.
-No alloy wheels, fog lamps, spoilers, etc. included at a price point of 9 Lacs approx.

+ves

-Great looking car. Well I will rate it as the best looking car under 10 Lacs price bracket.
-I don't actually know but the Honda salesman are sure and committing a mileage of 13 to 15 in city and 17 to 19 on highways.
-The engine is said to me much refined and 118 Bhb is the best amongst the competition too.
-Great resale value.

Q2. Is Cedia a good car?

-ves:

-Not have much presence on Delhi road.
-I havenít TD Cedia but learned that the rear seat lumber support is bad.
-Looks from front are ok but rear looks to me are that of an old car.
-Mileage I think would be 9 to 10 Kmpl in city and 12 to 13 on highways.
-I think maintenance cost will be high.
-Lack of dealers and service centers.

+ves:

-D segment car at C segment car price well almost.
-Company fitted LPG kit offers low running cost.
-Alloys, ABS, EBS, Airbags, CD music system, turning radius only 4.9 M, etc.
-Value for money with a huge discount of Rs. 75000.

Q3. Is Fiesta S a good buy to upgrade Ikon 1.6 Zxi?

-ves:

-Low fuel economy as I have learned around 10 Kmpl in city and 14 Kmpl on highway.
-The thrill is about average as brand name of Ford doesnít stand good these days.

+ves:

-Fully loaded with Alloys, ABS, EBS, Airbags, CD music system, etc.
-Priced at least 1 Lacs below the competition.

This is all I can think at this time. Please advice.
VikCho