Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2008, 18:17   #91
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice review Vik. Seems ANHC is more of a show than the performance. I will TD sooner than later. Linea is again a mystery which will be unfolded by mid of dec so you got short time to consider options. Otherwise Verna Crdi is very good. Did you took the Fabia diesel drive as well with Petrol as its more refined and am sure you will like it better.
Are you sure about Linea's launch mid Dec. I read in the forum 23rd Nov. I am worried if Linea don't launch soon my dad is going to buy me a Fabia.

No, I don't drive the diesel Fabia as my drive is below 5000 Km per year so diesel makes no sense for me. I have also ruled out Verna CRDi for the same reason.
VikCho
VikCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 18:45   #92
BHPian
 
marlinspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Fabia Diesel is also too noisy, as noisy as a Tata 407 and for Vikcho's milage is hardly the sort of compromise thats worth considering.

Verna Diesel though has to be treated differently. It's a buy if turbo kickin is somthing that you are looking for and no airbags are one of those things that puts a spanner in its works especially as it its scratchy handling at higher speeds as it has less thigh support, seat backs are rather to vertical and it has higher body roll.

Taller Gears in Verna are some thing that can be gotten used to and if the looks are appealing and the if negatives can be overlooked. It has some very good color options to boot as well as does Skodas.
marlinspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 18:55   #93
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
Are you sure about Linea's launch mid Dec. I read in the forum 23rd Nov. I am worried if Linea don't launch soon my dad is going to buy me a Fabia.

No, I don't drive the diesel Fabia as my drive is below 5000 Km per year so diesel makes no sense for me. I have also ruled out Verna CRDi for the same reason.
VikCho
When it comes to Linea nothing can be an assurity as you can judge by most threads on Linea on this forum
23 Nov is an assumption with lots of assumptions for this car. Fiat site says Dec launch and normally manufacturers do launches around the mid month only. Yes 23 Nov can be a soft launch like ANHC but then nothing is confirmed!
Had not driven Petrol Fabia so no idea how it is and as your running is low petrol will be good for you. Btw did you considered 1.6S Fiesta as many people who bought it on the forum are really happy with it.

Last edited by harry10 : 21st November 2008 at 18:57.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 19:55   #94
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
@karanraheja-
Frankly even I am not 100% convinced for Fabia but this car is my father's choice. Well I said good performance for a 1.2 L engine not powerful. The initial pick-up was good and acceleration was overall satisfactory. It's true that I can not compare it with a car having 1.5 L engine or higher. Also I would like to add that it's a loaded car at a price almost 3.25 Lacs cheaper to ANHC. The difference being 200 L of boot space and 46 bhp less powerful engine but as weight of car is also less 70 Bhp power feels good enough.

Now can you tell me about some negatives of Fabia?
Is it's clutch assembly's life bad as Octavia Diesel?
Are spares expensive and car high on maintenance?

Now Fabia come into picture only if Linea TD also fails to satisfy me in performance as ANHC did.
VikCho
Fiat website has mentioned Dec launch . So they obviously wont delay further. Fabia spares will surely be expensive. Just keep track of Fabia thread to get more reviews.Till when can you wait max.?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post

Ha! Ha! I could not help laughing on reading your TD report. This is exactly as I had predicated as you will feel when you TD it. So that is one more knocked down..
Ah there you are . You wish you had more smilies didnt you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice review Vik. Seems ANHC is more of a show than the performance.
Harsh, dont you think we need some more reviews to justify to the comment and a TD yourself.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 20:00   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post

Harsh, dont you think we need some more reviews to justify to the comment and a TD yourself.
Thats right Karan and if you see my post again i had said SEEMS not DEFINITELY
Moreover i try and test everything myself first to give definite comments.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 20:47   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Fiat website has mentioned Dec launch . So they obviously wont delay further. Fabia spares will surely be expensive. Just keep track of Fabia thread to get more reviews.Till when can you wait max.?
I can only hope Linea launch as soon as possible and should be a good car as expected. I don't really know how long can I make my dad wait as he has fallen in love with Fabia.
What do you think should I reconsider Fiesta S as I think it will be better then Fabia. Please give your opinion on it.
VikCho
VikCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2008, 22:29   #97
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,226
Thanked: 578 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
What do you think should I reconsider Fiesta S as I think it will be better then Fabia. Please give your opinion on it.
VikCho
Fiesta S is far better than the fabia. Do one thing, take some time out and show your dad the Fiesta S in blue and also a brief test drive, am sure he gonna love it.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 10:49   #98
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,970
Thanked: 4,936 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Fiesta S is far better than the fabia. Do one thing, take some time out and show your dad the Fiesta S in blue and also a brief test drive, am sure he gonna love it.
I agree. Although i have never been a great fiesta fan, its much better and peppy compared to the fabia.
Fabia, IMO, lacks the punch and driving pleasure and is not for someone to zip around in.
Yet, wait for linea TD to decide.

Little off topic: You don't want to go in for a second hand sparsely used car? It'll increase your options manifold!
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:08   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

@karanraheja, Path_Finder, marlinspike & harry10
Well I am surprised to know that TD of ANHC is yet not available in some cities.
None of you have TD it yet?
Also in the "Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports" there in still no TD report. Also note there are two threads started by ANHC automatic owners but no proper review is out yet. Even I started a thread on my TD review in that area and it's not posted up yet. Why???
VikCho
VikCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:20   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
I can only hope Linea launch as soon as possible and should be a good car as expected. I don't really know how long can I make my dad wait as he has fallen in love with Fabia.
What do you think should I reconsider Fiesta S as I think it will be better then Fabia. Please give your opinion on it.
VikCho

Well you can follow the Linea thread for more details. I saw the UTVi Autocar India show where they had TD the Linea. They did give it some good rating .
Expect Linea - Mid Dec. Seriously Fiesta S is a brilliant drivers car & VFM. I would anyday rate it over Fabia.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 12:46   #101
oss
BHPian
 
oss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 683
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Fiat India has officially confirmed that the production of Linea has commenced and it will be launched in Dec'08. It's going to give some headache to Honda for sure.....
oss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 18:07   #102
BHPian
 
Path_Finder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
It's a 45 pages thread. It will be difficult for me to read all of it but if you can tell me some particular pages or can give your final words on it, that will be great. Do you know what engines are they going to launch in India?
VikCho
check out the new thread - if you are not yet hooked on, here it is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-started.html (Fiat Linea Production Started)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
@karanraheja, Path_Finder, marlinspike & harry10
Well I am surprised to know that TD of ANHC is yet not available in some cities.
None of you have TD it yet?
Also in the "Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports" there in still no TD report. Also note there are two threads started by ANHC automatic owners but no proper review is out yet. Even I started a thread on my TD review in that area and it's not posted up yet. Why???
VikCho
Well, I went to the dealer twice, but the vehicle was not available. Quite busy to go after.

There are few TD reports in various threads including yours here. But no good ownership report yet. But why bother - you have seen it and experienced it.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 20:15   #103
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Well, I went to the dealer twice, but the vehicle was not available. Quite busy to go after.

I went to the dealer today to TD the ANHC. When i entered the showroom with my friend , the salesmen were sitting in a room and chatting. They didnt bother to come and welcome us. Pathetic !! The TD vehicle wasnt available with them yet.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 12:59   #104
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 51
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Dear Friends,
Thanks to all of you for your help and support. The final decision is now taken by my dad. He don't even want to wait for Fiat Linea and has booked Fabia today. The car he booked is Fabia ambient 1.2L petrol model which comes fully loaded and will cost us around 6.25 Lacs on Road. The car comes pre-loaded with Alloys, Fog lamps, stylist Remote controlled Central locking, Climate control AC with ducting for rear seats, Good CD with Aux-in ICE, 60:40 flip rear seat, Duel color interiors, 4 way adjustable steering, etc. I hope it's a good package.
VikCho
VikCho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 13:38   #105
BHPian
 
marlinspike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 193
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikCho View Post
Dear Friends,
Thanks to all of you for your help and support. The final decision is now taken by my dad. He don't even want to wait for Fiat Linea and has booked Fabia today. The car he booked is Fabia ambient 1.2L petrol model which comes fully loaded and will cost us around 6.25 Lacs on Road. The car comes pre-loaded with Alloys, Fog lamps, stylist Remote controlled Central locking, Climate control AC with ducting for rear seats, Good CD with Aux-in ICE, 60:40 flip rear seat, Duel color interiors, 4 way adjustable steering, etc. I hope it's a good package.
VikCho
Vikcho,

Congratulations on your new Fabia. What color did you pick, post some pictures soon.
It's actually a good deal. the same thing in Bangalore cost upwards of 7L.
It's a very nice car and once inside you would hardly feel like you are inside
hatch, it's so well done its actually better than the octy on the inside.
marlinspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! aks_karthik Hatchbacks 74 17th May 2009 10:22
Help : Viva crdi or Verna crdi nitindangoria Sedans 15 10th March 2009 22:50
Verna CRDi or i30 CRDi ? Gangsta Sedans 16 12th July 2008 20:41
Swift DDiS vs. Getz CRDi or Verna CRDi??? Help!!!! roadwarrior Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 12th February 2008 23:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:43.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks