Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 3rd November 2008, 20:43   #1
BHPian

Default 1.6sxi ford fiesta

hi guys,
I just met with a horrible accident and right now i'm recovering from it. both my legs got fractured and had to undergo a facial plastic surgery. anyways. now i'm in bed so just wanna do a little survey.
my chevy optra is completely crushed. and now i'm thinking of buying a new car.
I have always liked ford fiesta for its ride quality and the specs. the sx4 looks a lil too boxy and delicate. can u guys please suggest some good car in around 8.5 lakhs budget? what is the ownership review of ford?
i've heard that there are quite a few faults in the car? is it so?
i know the new honda city is launched buts its 9.05L for the base model. so its out of my budget.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

@Mdesai- Sad to hear about the accident. Hope you get well soon.
Well Fiesta is a great car no doubt at all. Ford A.S.S is the only concern.
But i heard its better than before. If resale is not your concern i would suggest you buy the Fiesta or else stretch your budget a bit and go for the
Honda. Please also mention your monthly running and how long you planning to keep the vehicle.
Old 3rd November 2008, 21:32   #3
BHPian

Hi Mihir

Sorry to hear about your accident. My best wishes for your speedy recovery.

I bought fiesta 1.6S about 2 months back. Have done around 1700 Kms with trips to Mysore and Chennai (from BLR). I have not encountered any faults or issues. Its a lovely car in the city and in highways as well. Have not yet done my first service so cannot say much about that but the overall experience has been very good. I had narrowed it down to SX4 and fiesta. SX4 interiors are pathetic whereas Fiesta feels luxurious.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:50   #4
BHPian

Mihir - I'm sorry to hear about the accident, wish you a speedy recovery. There are quite a few threads on this topic ANHC V/s Fiesta, the one below is exemplary and should help you with the decision.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...esta-1-6s.html (New Honda City or Ford Fiesta 1.6S)

You can also refer to other threads comparing the Fiesta to a Cedia and SX4
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ia-sports.html (Ford Fiesta S or Cedia Sports?)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...-pls-help.html (Head says SX4, heart says Fiesta, pls help!)

Mods - Pls close this thread.
Old 4th November 2008, 08:59   #5
JRD
BHPian

hey mihir.
hope you recover quickly. its really unfortunate when accidents like this happen..
any way.. fiesta is a great car I myself am getting a sxi petrol in december and from reviews the A.S.S is getting pretty good. Spares are not an issue as they are manufactured in chennai.

But i must say if you can wait till decemeber do check out the linea its going to be launched in december.

Cheers
JRD.
Old 5th November 2008, 11:25   #6
BHPian

very sorry to hear about your accident mr mihir, hope you will recover soon.
I own a ford fiesta 1.6 for the past 11 months and 11k and would say that it has been a great experience so far and there are as such no problems faced by me.
the new sxi comes with dual airbags, more better interior with wooden inserts, and mp3 player, i would say that it is a great car and will offer plush ride quality and handling as well.
Old 5th November 2008, 13:35   #7
BHPian

hi guys thanks for your replies.
1. i drive around 1000 kms in a month with maybe 1-2 outstation trips in my car in about 3-4 months.
2.(fidaford) this is for you. i also stay in mumbai. just wanted to know what is the exact fuel economy do you get with ac on in mumbai city. and also what is your average service bill? i know its free service but still if u dont mind.
also how do u rate the ford A.S.S.? and are the spares available outside easily?
Old 6th November 2008, 10:51   #8
BHPian

MR Desai the car gives me an exact fuel economy of 10.5 - 11 kmpl in pure bombay traffic as you might be very well aware of with 95% ac on because sometimes when my driver travels alone I do not know whether he or he does not use ac.
Even my monthly running is of exact 1000kms and it will be a pleasure to take it for outstation trips regarding its great ride and handling along with comfort.
I would stringly suggest you to opt for Shaman Ford whose service centre is in Lalbaug. The service is highly satisfactory and they treat customres very well and all problems if any are dealt with utmost sincerity and eagerness as per my experience.

Regarding the service cost i just did the 1st year paid service and the bill came out as Rs. 2164 with labour and all consumables like regular air filter, oil filter, oil change, fuel filter, car wash vaccum etc.
They even as a nice gesture polished my car from the inside, engine bay, tyres.
They are very professional and always give a feedback call after the service has been carried out.

I do not know about the availability of the spare parts in the local market but i think this wont be a problem atleast in bombay.
I hope this might help you.
Old 6th November 2008, 17:54   #9
Team-BHP Support

Please continue the discussion in one of the links provided in Post #4.
This thread is closed.
Closed Thread