Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 20:54   #46
jat
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SINGAPORE
Posts: 265
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I would go for Ikon TDCi:-
- Cost - it is cheaper by about 75 ~ 80 k (will depend on the city also)
- Ikon driving dynamcs is better than Logan
- Space although a bit less, seats are more comfortable
- TDCi engine is a more tech advanced engine compared to Logan, although it produces less power per litre as compared to hyundai engine.
- Performance and economy is not known yet and expected to be quite competitive if Ikon has same gearbox.

Haven't done the test drive of Ikon yet as sales had not started, however, if the old fords car are any indication and ford declare it as josh machine, means the driving dynamics is going to be good.
jat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 20:58   #47
BHPian
 
HotChillyPepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bang_a_lore
Posts: 605
Thanked: 215 Times
Default

Ford Ikon TDCi. Just one reason: The handling.
HotChillyPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:06   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

The A** of Ford is not an issue nowadays. They have imporved quite a lot compared to beginning when they launched the cars in India. The parts were costlier in earlier days. Now it has become reasonable. Have replied back to your pm. Just check it out.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:10   #49
BHPian
 
bullboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 577
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

how about canceling a swift vdi for ikon tdci ? agreed . both are in different segments but ikon is a sedan. will it be wise ?
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:22   #50
jat
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SINGAPORE
Posts: 265
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
how about canceling a swift vdi for ikon tdci ? agreed . both are in different segments but ikon is a sedan. will it be wise ?
Depends on your preference. If it is basically opting for a good low end sedan as compared to high end hatchback, the you can go for Ikon as overall package is good. But it may lack the staight line accelaration of Swift (but not sure yet)
jat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:24   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
snaronikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,845
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
how about canceling a swift vdi for ikon tdci ? agreed . both are in different segments but ikon is a sedan. will it be wise ?
IMO, you can go for Ikon TDCi. Although, it is a old vehicle and the resale might be an issue compared ot swift, I would recommend for Ikon Diesel simply because the comfort, no rattling, bigger space etc. Moreover, the cost of both vehicle is same (+/- 20k)
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:32   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,271
Thanked: 1,236 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimi View Post
Ikon - "old lady with a new set of false teeth" + high cost of maintainance
Logan - "New wine in new bottle" + "first class" cabin space
I enjoy the Logan drive from BIAL Airport to city every time I come to Bengalooru
My recommendation - go for the Logan
I beg to disagree. Looks wise, the Ikon still looks good, despite being a decade old.The Logan looks boxy, and the interiors are the worst I've seen so far. Even a Maruti 800 has better interiors.
Space-wise the Logan scores. But despite having the best room in the rear, the lack of head-rests takes its toll. My wife travels to Bangalore often, and uses Meru's Logans both at Hyd and B'lore. She always ends up with back pain after reaching the guest house at Bangalore. Reason: she slides forward to give her neck a rest, but that posture aint all that good for the lower back.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:41   #53
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,312
Thanked: 4,388 Times
Default

I have not driven a ford ikon for long enough to comment but I have driven the Logan on a 800 Km trip and found the driver's seat to be quite uncomfortable after a few kilometers. I am comparing this with my Baleno's seat so a bit off-topic, but there is something about Logan's seat which I did not like. So from a driver's point of view I think Ford Ikon is a better option.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:54   #54
Senior - BHPian
 
ashutoshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 1,102
Thanked: 630 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Hi,
The choice has been narrowed down to 2 cars
Newly launched Ford Ikon TDCi
Logan DLE1.5- base model.
Logan 1.5 DLE is for Rs.5,98,516/ ex showroom Delhi.

Ford Ikon TDCi is for Rs.5,19,000/ ex showroom Delhi.

Logan is around 80k more expensive. Why are you still asking this question then?

Ikon handles better, has better equipment levels, has better interiors. And is CHEAPER!!

Buy the Logan only if you want more interior space.

Don't want to comment about Ford's A.S.S. But am more than satisfied with MR.


Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Logan's service is unrealiable/build quality not upto the mark. Ikon has solid build quality & reasonably good service.

Ikons FE is will be better than Logan.
Who said Logan's service is unreliable?? I find it at par with the industry leaders. We had a Scorpio, now have a Logan.. got many services, repair jobs done. Never had any issues with the service, spares.

Build quality wise..if you mean that Logan feels tinny in front of the ikon, then you are wrong my friend!

FE of both the cars is more or less the same. You can check user reviews.
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 21:59   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
ashutoshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 1,102
Thanked: 630 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I have not driven a ford ikon for long enough to comment but I have driven the Logan on a 800 Km trip and found the driver's seat to be quite uncomfortable after a few kilometers. I am comparing this with my Baleno's seat so a bit off-topic, but there is something about Logan's seat which I did not like. So from a driver's point of view I think Ford Ikon is a better option.
I found the Baleno very uncomfortable and the Logan quite the opposite! And this view can not be biased, because I adore the Baleno!
ashutoshb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 22:19   #56
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BlackPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calcutta
Posts: 2,312
Thanked: 4,388 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
I found the Baleno very uncomfortable and the Logan quite the opposite! And this view can not be biased, because I adore the Baleno!
I am not sure even I am biased or not because while TDing the Logan for my cousin I loved the big seats and thought them to be very comfortable. Maybe it is about getting accustomed to a particular contour. I have driven my Baleno so much that I like all other seats to be similar and dont like it when it is different. That may be the reason for my not liking the Logan's seat over a long distance. You might be true about Logan's seats since you own one. But I had read in a magazine that Baleno's front seats are the best this side of 10 lacs. This is getting off-topic and dont want to start comparing Baleno with a Logan
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 23:01   #57
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,750
Thanked: 4,340 Times
Default

Quote:
mail4loys : But won't the luggage that we keep inside the boot can damage the exposed wires?
@mail4loys, my comment was to be taken with a pinch of salt.
Quote:
vnabhi : Reason: she slides forward to give her neck a rest, but that posture aint all that good for the lower back.
OT, but that's bad posture, no matter which car. The car is not so much of a factor as much as the posture is.
condor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2008, 23:14   #58
BHPian
 
Path_Finder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 623
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

There is this recent thread on best and worst rear seats - some of you must have seen it. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-comfort.html (Which car has the best and worst rear seat comfort?) - Well to each his own; but both Logan and Ikon have fared in the best rear seats category for many. And both not in the worst category at all. So overall on the lower side of 10L, it might be to ok that both have good rear seats. And this point will then not a criteria to decide between the two.

So let the discussion focus on other differentiators.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 00:52   #59
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
But move over to the boot, and the Logan will score over the Ikon there. Theres' so many nooks & crannies to store stuff.

And cables etc are so easily accessible & hence easily serviceable.

Not that Ikon is way tooo bad on these points. Ford has just covered the same areas with a carpet !!
LOL!! Condor, so that explains all the snooping around you were upto these days!
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 00:55   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
JayD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochin! At last
Posts: 3,195
Thanked: 1,996 Times
Default

I'd go for the ford over the logan here, the logan looks cheap, the interiors are plasticy and dont have much equipment. The ford i feel is the better of the two, But be prepared for terrible A.S.S, but hey, i dont think mahindra is much better off!!
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted VFM second hand diesel car: Ford Fusion 'vs' Logan/Ikon/Fiesta/Swift/Ritz abheekg Sedans 83 3rd November 2015 16:45
Ikon TDCI discontinued ? EDIT: Confirmed: Ford stops Ikon production greatmana2000 The Indian Car Scene 61 10th February 2011 19:20
Mahindra Renault Logan In Oman - 23 people stuffed inside 1 Logan serpente The Indian Car Scene 34 19th April 2010 19:03
Plz suggest Accent/Logan petrol/Logan Disel shaleenpaul Sedans 1 14th November 2007 09:21
Ford Ikon Flair or Diesel vehicle (VDI/Logan-DLX) snaronikar Sedans 20 12th October 2007 15:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks