Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 9th November 2008, 12:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
OT, but that's bad posture, no matter which car. The car is not so much of a factor as much as the posture is.
Agreed, but she is forced into that position because there are no head-rests in the Logan. So the choice lies between neck pain and lower back pain.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 14:42   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
But in the Highway it shows it's inability.
I drove Fiesta TDci for more than 300 kms.I never find any probelm in Highway driving.
So what are you saying really? Able on the highway or not?

BH.
BurningHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2008, 18:41   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
benbsb29 : LOL!! Condor, so that explains all the snooping around you were upto these days!
Ssssshh, Benny ! Lest they hear about this and bar me from entering the showrooms !
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2008, 17:04   #64
tez
BHPian

Thanks all for the help. General idea here is to go for Ikon Tdci. Thanks tbhpians for your advice on which car. I am taking a TD of Ikon Tdci and logan this week. I will most probably go for Ikon diesel as it is 80K cheaper. Might as well keep that money saved, aside for any A.S.S related issues that i face with Ikon . Apart from that the engine is also a gem ( based on review from my friend having Fiesta TDCi). Will keep you guys posted on the development.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 07:47   #65
JRD
BHPian

good choice tez. At the price the ikon tdci is offered its a great buy adding to that ikon's fantastic handling and fiesta's brilliant diesel engine its a winner.

Its a clear decision. Do post your review of the ikon TD though.
JRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 11:40   #66
BHPian

It would be so much better if Ford offered a variant with ABS & Airbags, then it would be a complete package adding some garnish along with those and placing it another 50 K above the base variant would give people who are particular about the safety issues and want a bit more comfort a very nice and complete entry level sedan that cannot be ignored.
marlinspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 13:42   #67
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
It would be so much better if Ford offered a variant with ABS & Airbags, then it would be a complete package adding some garnish along with those and placing it another 50 K above the base variant would give people who are particular about the safety issues and want a bit more comfort a very nice and complete entry level sedan that cannot be ignored.
hey marlin, as discussed earlier, giving ABS and airbags would result in major re-engineering to be done to the car. If they had done that IMHO it would not have been possible to give the car at that price.
Old 11th November 2008, 14:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
hey marlin, as discussed earlier, giving ABS and airbags would result in major re-engineering to be done to the car. If they had done that IMHO it would not have been possible to give the car at that price.
Probably they would come up with a different varriant as 10th Anniversary edition and have ABS & Air bag as Honda did to City
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2008, 15:48   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Probably they would come up with a different varriant as 10th Anniversary edition and have ABS & Air bag as Honda did to City
Quite an unlikely probability since such an option would result in Ikon clashing with the Fiesta for which costs a lot more.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 19:38   #70
BHPian

Called koncept motors, noida.
there is a massive discount on Logan
thery quoted
GLE - 4.60 Lacs - OTR (Free insurance and rs 45,000/- cash discount)
GLX - 4.80 Lacs - OTR
these are cars in the stockyard and are probably manufactured in August-Sept 2008..
Is this deal good.
the money saved can be used for fuel later.
also there is ad for GL for Rs 3.75 Lacs (ex-showroom)
Are there any issues with purchasing sept / oct manufactured logans (2 months in the stockyard)?
drkunaldas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 15:23   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir, In which gear did you do the 170? I'm a bit puzzled here The Ikon Flair is a 1.3 engine right?
If I am able to do 150 on my Getz 1.1 (which is rated as an underpowered vehicle in this forum), I guess 170 is possible on the Ikon.

Quote:
Any car with 70bhp power will find it difficult to go beyond 140.
Getz 1.1 is 67 bhp and I could do 150.
Tez, good that you decided to take a TD of the Ikon.

Last edited by joseph5600 : 28th November 2008 at 15:24.
joseph5600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 19:30   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Sir, In which gear did you do the 170? I'm a bit puzzled here The Ikon Flair is a 1.3 engine right?
I have owned an Ikon Flair for about 17 months and have very comfotrably touched 160kmph on innumerable occasions.

The max that I have touched is 172kmph(Speedo read) on the GQ in the fourth gear.It take some some to reach there ,but you do it.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 13:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

@tez - What's the update?
I would vote for the Ikon TDCi for the same reasons as others.
I thought the Logan would be good but was put off by it when I saw it whereas we have bought Ikon after Ikon and now own a Fiesta TDCi.
By the way, not that it matters but for academic interest, we have done 176kmph speedo read on the fiesta. Pic is there in the gallery.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 12:03   #74
tez
BHPian

well lamborghini update wise, i am yet to TD ford ikon tdci. I have somehow managed to convince my family to consider ford ikon. Planet ford in pune is not ready to bring the car to office for TD and i am unable to go there. Planning tohave one in a day or two and finalize the things. As of now , the cars i have TD are : getz crdi, vista, palio MJD, logan. Found getz as the best and vista as VFM. Lets look at ikon now. Logan was out due to nothing available even after speding close to 6.7 OTR,not even power windows.
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:20   #75
tez
BHPian

finally had a TD for ikon tdci. The feel has been shared by couple of members and i have nothing to add. I did feel the vibrations in the gear knob. I have not driven ikon petrol but will take benny's view that it is present in petrol as well. Absence of tilt steering puts long legged creatures like me in problem. I need to adjust a lot to enter and exit the car. But at 5.69 on road(after corporate discounts), it looks a VFM.