Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 12th November 2008, 16:07   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
If he is planning to keep the vehicle for 6-8 years dont bother about resale value.
Here in Kerala i heard the waiting period for Dezire is minimum 6months.If he can wait then its not bad.
Vdi is 7-8 months here and zdi has infinte waiting period ..
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2008, 23:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Vdi is 7-8 months here and zdi has infinte waiting period ..
But still there are lot of people willing to book and wait that long.
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:54   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
OTR 6,10,000 ? For Ikon ? . 2 days before it was 5.7 OTR +7,990 extended warranty
Today I enquired Kairali Ford Cochin. They say 5.77 OTR +13,000 extended warranty for 4yrs/1,50000 kms. Isn't that the maximum warranty they give?

Also the service period is every 10,000 km. So maintenance cost is also expected to be low
Joe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:16   #19
tez
BHPian

had a drive of ikon diesel and had a question to all the guys who drove it. DId anyone of u have problems with knee hitting the steering while seating in driver's seat and coming out?
The sales guy mentioned the servicing cost to be around 2600Rs for every 10k service. He said as the car is made in chennai, the spares are cheap. I have asked him to get me the price of spares. So i guess A.S.S should not be much of an issue now. Ikon looks better than dzire imo.

Last edited by tez : 2nd December 2008 at 15:26.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

I prefer Ikon any day than Swift for comfort and back seat. Also the drivers position is good compared to dezire.
snaronikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:15   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
had a drive of ikon diesel and had a question to all the guys who drove it. DId anyone of u have problems with knee hitting the steering while seating in driver's seat and coming out?
This can be overcome by having your seat pushed back slightly. I faced this same problem initially, but now have it countered by the work-around mentioned above.

How did the test drive go, besides?
benbsb29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:33   #22
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This can be overcome by having your seat pushed back slightly. I faced this same problem initially, but now have it countered by the work-around mentioned above.

How did the test drive go, besides?
NVH level were at par with vista. Drive was good and it felt as if there was less turbo lag. AC is good. Rear seat ride was good and did not feel when the car went over bad roads. Major grouse is no remote boot release and 13 in. tyres.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 06:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

well tell me this guys is dezire a better handler than ikon??? i need to know this would it be a better one with bigger tyres? say 195s? or does the ikon handler better in anycase?

we have a swift at home and even with 195s i need to watch out but with the extra over hang does the dezire handler better?

alright give me the order of handling of these three cars the swift diesel, swift dzire diesel and the ikon tdci.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote