Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 10:04   #1
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Question Swift Dezire DDIS or Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCI???

Hello BHPians!

One of my friends is planning to buy a diesel sedan.
His budget is around 5.5 Lakh (but ready to stretch by another 60-70K).
He has been considering Indigo CS Dicor and Swift Dezire Ldi.
I need your opinion about newly launched Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCI.
Is anybody aware about Tata Motors' plan to launch Indigo CS with Multijet 1.3?

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 10:40   #2
tez
BHPian
 
tez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

IIRC, Indigo Multijet will take atleast a year to be launched. Between the options you have said, i would have preferred Dzire but thanks to waiting period, i did not consider it. The only good part about Dzire was A.S.S but from feedback on tbhp, ford A.S.S is not a problem if you have extended warranty.
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 10:50   #3
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
IIRC, Indigo Multijet will take atleast a year to be launched. Between the options you have said, i would have preferred Dzire but thanks to waiting period, i did not consider it. The only good part about Dzire was A.S.S but from feedback on tbhp, ford A.S.S is not a problem if you have extended warranty.
I was going through Logan v/s Ikon thread started by you...so what is your choice finally? IKON TDCi?
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 10:57   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

If he is ready to wait for the DDIS ( delivery) , i would suggest the DZIre -, however if he's not , i'd say a logan would be a better option
Good on efficiency as well as space.

ikon has got a facelift but the interiors are very much the same , the engine is a tried and tested one.
But still i would not have gone in for an ikon if given the option
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 11:21   #5
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
If he is ready to wait for the DDIS ( delivery) , i would suggest the DZIre -, however if he's not , i'd say a logan would be a better option
Good on efficiency as well as space.

ikon has got a facelift but the interiors are very much the same , the engine is a tried and tested one.
But still i would not have gone in for an ikon if given the option
I suggested him to go for Dzire DIesel over Indigo CS DICOR, but it was the time when I hadn't heard about new IKON 1.4 TDCi.

He is ready to wait for Dzire's delayed delivery, but is IKON 1.4 TDCi not worth considering in front of Dzire?

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 12:02   #6
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 8,025
Thanked: 3,483 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
He is ready to wait for Dzire's delayed delivery, but is IKON 1.4 TDCi not worth considering in front of Dzire?
Deepgautam, how much does the Dzire LDi work out to on-road?
Ask your friend to compare the price difference between the two, as well as features offerred for the price he's paying to arrive at the VFM factor.
If he is fine with the waiting period, as well as the looks of the Dzire, then probably the Dzire suites him better.

Either ways, make sure he does a Test drive of both the shortlisted choices before he decides. No amount of research can beat that single point alone.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 12:23   #7
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Deepgautam, how much does the Dzire LDi work out to on-road?
Ask your friend to compare the price difference between the two, as well as features offerred for the price he's paying to arrive at the VFM factor.
If he is fine with the waiting period, as well as the looks of the Dzire, then probably the Dzire suites him better.

Either ways, make sure he does a Test drive of both the shortlisted choices before he decides. No amount of research can beat that single point alone.
I am not able to recall how much OTR price he told me but I think it was 6,30,000 +. He has Test Driven Dzire, Indigo CS and Logan and finally zeroed down on Dzire Ldi.

But new IKON 1.4 TDCi gives another (VFM) option. I'll ask him to go for a TD as you rightly said.

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 13:52   #8
tez
BHPian
 
tez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
I was going through Logan v/s Ikon thread started by you...so what is your choice finally? IKON TDCi?
yes deepgautam, i am zeroed on ikon diesel. I rejected logan because of the reasons that other than space, it did not offer any thing extra when compared to Ikon diesel. Moreover its costs almost 80K more in pune(on road price difference).
tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 14:27   #9
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Go for Ikon TDCI its a proven engine and a proven car as well.Dont expect luxury from this car.I would say its a VFM car.Good engine,very good mileage i hope you will get a decent power.Here in kerala OTR is 6,10,000/-
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 14:50   #10
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Thanks pals!

Though my friend (who is going to buy the car) is planning to keep the vehicle for at least 6-8 years, yet he wants a car having good resale value. I know Dzire has a good resale value but I am not sure about Ford's resale.

Could you throw some light on it?

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 15:03   #11
BHPian
 
jerish666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum,Kochi,Trissur
Posts: 757
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Thanks pals!

Though my friend (who is going to buy the car) is planning to keep the vehicle for at least 6-8 years, yet he wants a car having good resale value. I know Dzire has a good resale value but I am not sure about Ford's resale.

Could you throw some light on it?

Cheers!!!
If he is planning to keep the vehicle for 6-8 years dont bother about resale value.
Here in Kerala i heard the waiting period for Dezire is minimum 6months.If he can wait then its not bad.
jerish666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 15:11   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,427 Times
Default

IMO, your friend has already test driven Dzire and is ready to buy that car. So there is no point in involving a car that has chassis more than 6-7 years old. Ford mostly will be coming out with a new car and Ikon is expected to do duty till 2010.
New Swift will also be coming in 2010.
Your friend also wants resale value. Swift Dzire will fetch more resale considering the present Indian automotive scenario,but 5-6 years down the line, resale value wont be as high but the catch is that the resale will be any given day more than Ikon.
But out of the two cars, Dzire atleast has more modern chassis and a better engine. Also the A.S & S. part from Maruti is better than Ford.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 12th November 2008 at 15:14. Reason: Typing mistake.
aaggoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 15:36   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
karanraheja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Coimbatore
Posts: 1,915
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

He wants resale for 6-8 years ?? No offence but how can he expect so much. Dzire vs Ikon mostly Dzire should fetch a better resale. Both the cars are economical . Where Ford wins is Rear bench , less waiting period and better lookin than Dzire. Dzire has better interiors and Maruti badge going for it.
If looks & rear bench are not an issue he can go with Dzire.
karanraheja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 15:56   #14
BHPian
 
deepgautam_qa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Rajastha
Posts: 221
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
He wants resale for 6-8 years ?? No offence but how can he expect so much. Dzire vs Ikon mostly Dzire should fetch a better resale. Both the cars are economical . Where Ford wins is Rear bench , less waiting period and better lookin than Dzire. Dzire has better interiors and Maruti badge going for it.
If looks & rear bench are not an issue he can go with Dzire.
He wants to consider resale value factor so that if at all he thinks of upgrading to a bigger/advanced car in next 3-4 years (though he doesn't foresee any such possibility as of now) he may getting good money back.

Cheers!!!
deepgautam_qa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2008, 16:05   #15
BHPian
 
bullboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 577
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
Go for Ikon TDCI its a proven engine and a proven car as well.Dont expect luxury from this car.I would say its a VFM car.Good engine,very good mileage i hope you will get a decent power.Here in kerala OTR is 6,10,000/-
OTR 6,10,000 ? For Ikon ? . 2 days before it was 5.7 OTR +7,990 extended warranty
bullboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ikon TDCI discontinued ? EDIT: Confirmed: Ford stops Ikon production greatmana2000 The Indian Car Scene 61 10th February 2011 19:20
economy diesel duel: Maruti Ritz DDiS vs Suzuki Swift DDis vs Vista quadrajet aura. s_pphilip Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 25 29th October 2009 09:43
Swift DDiS vs Ritz DDiS vs iKool ? anoovis Hatchbacks 1 21st October 2009 13:09


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:36.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks