Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 22nd November 2008, 23:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Well its a mixed bag actually. I need power, good handling,good on rough roads and decent mileage. Reason for scorpio is because of the rough roads i have to go through each day in Gurgoan from my home to office. However on weekends i love to drive so inclined towards optra as it has power to deliver. Really confused
Quite different requirement most persons would have preferred the sedan for daily office and the SUV for the weekends. Well an Innova can fit both the roles more seamlessly. TD the options and then decide. If you have already done TD, then what are like, dislikes and your priorities?
Path_Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:44   #17
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer the Optra over the Scorpio anyday.
extreme_torque is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2008, 23:47   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Scorpio yaar. The useless roads at wazirabad, golf course and paras hospital are best tackled with a SUV, or a bike
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2008, 00:39   #19
BHPian

i had a scorpio before i brought my magnum scorpio will go on any road or semblance of a road u dont have to worry about potholes,8 people can sit so you dont need 2 cars if u have to take big family or lots of friends on a trip and its nice to drive in the city also but its scary at high speed or over 90 to 100 kmp
the magnum needs good roads and is meant for high speed cruising its rock stable at 140+kmp and very very comfy but if roads are bad then you will get neck pain from sitting up in the drivers seat and looking for the next pothole
dockap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 17:59   #20
Senior - BHPian

THANK YOU SO MUCH to all. I really appericiate your help. I havent TD them yet but will do so soon and will post my review. I really like the Optra's power (120 BHP) however its the Scorpio when i think of all the so called ROADS in Delhi and NCR.
nitinralli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 18:04   #21
BHPian

Innova is best of all in 7-8 capacity. I would prefer do a TD on Innova and then take a call, now a days good discounts too.
sam003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 18:50   #22
BHPian

I own an Optra Magnum LT. Have driven it in Delhi and Noida for nearly 2 months and first service is now due. Wonderful car to drive. Elegant, powerful and comfortable. Go for it.
vchounal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 18:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

are you looking for a 'diesel' only car ? If not, consider the All New Honda City, Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia as well.

cheers!
Srini
smsrini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 19:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
are you looking for a 'diesel' only car ? If not, consider the All New Honda City, Mitsubishi Lancer Cedia as well.

cheers!
Srini
Diesel only as i have already booked Honda city for petrol requirments. Currently i have a Fiesta Diesel and wants to replace it with either a Optra or Scorpio.
Old 24th November 2008, 19:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Innova is best of all in 7-8 capacity. I would prefer do a TD on Innova and then take a call, now a days good discounts too.
Innova is a good car but some how i dont like its looks specially with all the Cab's being the same. When u are driving in Gurgaon or Delhi, people think that its a Cab and starts asking for lifts . However i like its refinment, very nice from inside too.
Old 25th November 2008, 10:57   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, what you are comparing here is an SUV to a sedan. Not a unique situation by any means, but there are inherent differences. Shoot for the Scorpio if you are going to travel over really broken roads, need those extra seats / luggage space (though passenger room is surprisingly compromised) and want to munch highway / rural miles. The Magnum, on the other hand, will be better to drive. For 4 passengers, it will also be more comfortable with its neat ride quality & interior space.

The Scorpio has a better engine (devoid of any turbolag), is more robust and will retain its value better in the used car market.

Have you test-driven both? If not, please do so immediately and update us with your likes / dislikes.
*Update*

@ Nitin : Why don't you wait for the Fiat Linea too? A robust build + suspension is a given with a Fiat. Plus, you have that cracker of a 1.3 diesel (90 BHP), excellent ride & handling and the joy of driving something fresh on the block.

I'd say the Linea is worth the wait.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 18:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update*

@ Nitin : Why don't you wait for the Fiat Linea too? A robust build + suspension is a given with a Fiat. Plus, you have that cracker of a 1.3 diesel (90 BHP), excellent ride & handling and the joy of driving something fresh on the block.

I'd say the Linea is worth the wait.
Ya i think i will have to wait for Linea. I like Fiat build quality and would love to see the most awaited car of India. Now i think the heading of the thread could be Optra, Linea or Scorpio.. to make things more worse
Old 25th November 2008, 19:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Ya i think i will have to wait for Linea. I like Fiat build quality and would love to see the most awaited car of India. Now i think the heading of the thread could be Optra, Linea or Scorpio.. to make things more worse

I would prefer the Magnum over Mhawk, I have driven both as my uncle has a Mhawk. However your taste and requirement may be different. TD both vehicles on different terrains to decide. Believe me the Magnum also takes potholes with ease, but Mhawk does win over craters. On the handling front Mhawk is way behind the Magnum.
manojgautham is offline   Reply With Quote