Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 11th December 2008, 01:07   #46
BHPian

congrats buddy!! any plans for mods?? anything on your mind??
arsenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 03:34   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife View Post

I'll be getting the car tommorrow.

Congrats Streetlife,

I too was in the same dilemma between Palio MJD and Ikon TDci. But my heart slowly moves towards Palio MJD. I am going to book the car in a week. Please share me your experience from test drive- Delivery.

Quote:
I am getting it after the price drop and discount which makes it at Rs. 512000 on road Delhi which i think is VFM with some free accessories.
It seems you haven't got any discount for the car considering the time of purchase.
ForeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 08:35   #48
BHPian

Default Congratulations

Quote:
Hi all.

Congratulations. Enjoy the ride.

Drive it under 2000rpm for the first 300-400kms and then after that at times you can take it beyond 2000rpm, but strictly keep it under 2500rpm till the first service is done.

Its difficult to drive the car under 2000rpm on higher gears, as it requires more gear shifting, hence more use of clutch, in 5th gear with rpm around 1500 it will feel sluggish, but that much pain needs to be taken for betterment of the rings and the shafts in the engine.

In 5th gear at 2000rpm would mean 80+ kmph, thats good enough for running-in for first few hundred kms ( 300-400kms ), though the running-in not required for Fiat Multijet engines. Its just a myth of running-in that we all use too, so cant help it

Avoid sudden accleration, ease the car towards recommended rpms.

I hope I have not overdone the gyan
Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 11:29   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all.

Its an SDX magnesium Grey. Thanks a ton Phamilyman and architect for the added gyan for SDX and colors.

I am getting it after the price drop and discount which makes it at Rs. 512000 on road Delhi which i think is VFM with some free accessories.

I'll be posting more once i get the car.
Hey can you also share with us about the Gyan the 2 Guruji's have given you about the model and color?

I wont mind the Guruji's themselves gyanning us

Cheers~
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 11:31   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Hey can you also share with us about the Gyan the 2 Guruji's have given you about the model and color?

I wont mind the Guruji's themselves gyanning us

Cheers~
yeah that would be very helpful for perspective palio customers, like me iam confused between SDX and sport
ms001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 14:48   #51
Senior - BHPian

Always ready to give gyaan

Shoot your questions.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 15:06   #52
BHPian

Why magnesium Grey Color? What makes this color so special and different from other colors available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post

Shoot your questions.
Autocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 15:19   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
yeah that would be very helpful for perspective palio customers, like me iam confused between SDX and sport
Well you first shoot your confusion bet MJD and 1.6 Sports, if i guessed it right!
rudrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 15:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post

Shoot your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudrah View Post
Well you first shoot your confusion bet MJD and 1.6 Sports, if i guessed it right!
Thats right I am confused whether to go for MJD or 1.6 sport, i would be driving 25-30 kms daily within the city bumper to bumper traffic.And at most 1 long drive in a month.The only negative i see is the dated interiors in both the cars.
ms001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 19:41   #55
Senior - BHPian

You already know what answer most folks here would give you - this is TeamBHP not TeamEconodrive
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 20:38   #56
BHPian

Hi all,

I got my car today. Went to sanya motors at 11 AM. All the paper works were completed and finally after much wait i got the car at 3 PM. then after a puja i went to gurgaon NH 8 just for a spin.

Bubby: I kept the rpm levels below 2000. Bubby gyan is never overdone.

The acc. part is still remaining. They are yet to give me the new music system which is free. I'll be getting it fixed on Monday may be. The floor mats offered by them is of very bad quality. My Maruti 800 had better than those. I'll be changing it for sure.

arsenik: As of now i havent thought of any mods for the 1.3 SDX. But yes for my other fiat 1.2 ELX, there is a short list being prepared. Will be starting to mod it step by step.

Forerunner: I had a chat with the sales manager north. The guy said that i've paid less than the actual amount since the sales guy gave me a discount of Rs. 20000(By mistake) instead of Rs. 14000 prevailing along with 4% cut on ex-showroom price.

rudrah: Gurujis gave me great gyan which helped me for the pick. Right from the Varient to the color. Thanks phaillyman and architect a lot.

I'll be posting the pictures as soon as i take them. Hoping for this Saturday.

Advices and comments always welcomed.
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 20:45   #57
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats once again! We all will be eager to feast on the pics.

It's definitely raining MJDs at TBHP. Maybe this is just the kind of momentum FIAT needs for Linea and Punto launches?
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 23:50   #58
Senior - BHPian

Gyaan no 1: Palio 1.6 Sports or Palio MJD SDX: If you can afford a running cost of Rs 5.5/km (or higher in the future), go for the 1.6. It will save you Rs 40,000/- or so over the SDX and will give you the alloys and the immobiliser extra. Simple.

Gyaan no 2: SDE or SDX: Assuming that the SD is out of equation, as it's too basic. SDX makes much more sense, it gives you the extra power windows at the rear, rear wiper-demister, body coloured mirrors and handles. It also gives you the silver finish on the console, instead of the ugly grey on the SDE. Trust me, the SDX is the one to go for, this is coming from an SDE owner himself.

Gyaan no 3: which colour: Got a covered parking space or a garage? Got a cleaner who knows how to clean a car properly, instead of the ones who leave streaks all over? Have a reserved parking in office? Can you ensure no scratches on the car in Delhi? Got well-behaved neighbours who don't do graffitti on the body paint with keys? Have time to clean and polish your car every week?

If the answers to the above questions is YES, then buy red, black,white, whatever.

If the answer is NO, Magnesium Grey is the best option. It's easy to clean and keep clean. It remains the same shade under layers of dust at construction sites (unlike red or black). It is a suave neat colour and is not the ubiquitous metallic silver that is everywhere.

It also hides the 12 feet long scratch along the entire side of the car with the signature of the artist on the paintwork (my own car) better than the other shades.

Last edited by architect : 11th December 2008 at 23:56.
Old 12th December 2008, 00:09   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

You missed one thing - SDX has the fabric boot insert, the proper rear PW/handbrake/glass holder console as well.

Overall full value.

And yeah, Magnesium grey is the Silky Silver of Palios as of now. Plus told him about the time it took me for color matching for simple scratches - am sure red or so would be no less.

Plus the tale of Swift plastics/useless body and comparison of "Competent" service with samyak besides the fact that Palio can't be only/primary car or for someone who tours north india (himachal interiors) a lot.

Last edited by phamilyman : 12th December 2008 at 00:12.
phamilyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2008, 00:15   #60
Senior - BHPian

Any more questions

Just today, my old friend (from college) called up to ask me how the Palio MJD is doing. He is looking for a replacement for his Ikon Flair. After 5 years with the Ford, he could not adjust to a Maruti or a Hyundai. It's a toss up between the Ikon TDCi and the Palio MJD for him too.