Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 3rd November 2009, 14:32   #46
BHPian

Though this is an old thread, going through the posts was fun and thrilling too !

Also, it reinstates the trust and knowledge levels of the TBHP members for you to rely on, during such sensitive situations like buying pre-owned cars.

@raajks, By the by, eventually what did you buy ? I hope i havent missed any other thread with regard to your final buy ?

Siva
s3va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 16:54   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
@raajks, By the by, eventually what did you buy ? I hope i havent missed any other thread with regard to your final buy ?

Siva
You are 9 months late... raajks bought a new Cedia Sports White but now has put it up for sale.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 10:16   #48
BHPian

Airwind(and raajks)..I am eager to know why is the Cedia up for sale so early ? I simply love the Cedia, it is one of my fav cars, i hope i dont get to hear about issues with it, that are being the reasons behind an early sale !!!
Old 4th November 2009, 21:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Airwind(and raajks)..I am eager to know why is the Cedia up for sale so early ? I simply love the Cedia, it is one of my fav cars, i hope i dont get to hear about issues with it, that are being the reasons behind an early sale !!!
Raaj is going abroad. Thats the reason.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 21:41   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Raaj is going abroad. Thats the reason.
Am glad to know that going abroad is the reason behind such an early sale of CEDIA !!!
Old 4th November 2009, 21:45   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Seva, it's not too late to sell your Aveo and get the Cedia!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 22:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

There is a Yellow vRS (KL01 registered) in Cochin which has been up for sale since sometime. It was basically a TD car, which was crashed badly (lot of underbody damage) and has been swapping hands since.. I think the one HAFI mentioned is that very car, i could be wrong though.
karthik247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2013, 17:37   #53
BHPian

Default Re: An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS

I was scouting for a used Octavia recently and I had to visit a workshop to see one, as it was being serviced there. At the workshop yard, I noticed a yellow VRS and out of curiosity, I checked it out - the interiors were in shambles, the steering was not of an original RS and was stitched together, so was the dashbaord. I checked the no. plate and saw it was KA reg - something in my mind clicked - could it be THAT car I read about so long ago in TBHP, when an unsuspecting Tbhpian came down from B'lore for an RS, only to be shown a total loss car? And another Tbhpian gave advance for it but luckily he did'nt go for the deal?. I clicked some pics of the car and after searching for this thread, I am sure it's the same car raajks and HAFI have seen - the no. plate and description matches from raajks and hafi's posts.

Here are the pics

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-wp_20130802_007.jpg

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-wp_20130802_009.jpg

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-wp_20130802_010.jpg

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-wp_20130802_011.jpg

An experience chasing a Silver Skoda vRS-wp_20130802_013.jpg

According to workshop guys, it has been bought by some TV producer. Shortly after buying the car, it failed to start - and it has been at the workshop since - they have not been able to figure out the problem. It has more than 1 lakhs on the ODO. Guess it has become a money pit for the poor guy who bought it.

Last edited by Games Goblin : 4th August 2013 at 17:43.
Games Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote