Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 2nd March 2009, 12:33   #31

Originally Posted by marlinspike View Post
I waited for the Linea for some time and went for the Fiesta S end of Nov, Took delivery mid December and started to learn driving on that. Its ~3K KM now. Highway FE of 14.5, dont want to talk about the city driving as I'm still awful in managing city traffic on Indira nagar 100 feet road to EGL.

I went over to look up the Linea, Loved the tail lamps. liked the fact that the Windshield is so far of from its rear seat and higher visibility all around. didn't like the centre console or the beige treatment. But unless there is a 110 BHP plus engine this car is not for me. @least 100+BHP would have made me think may be I could have waited. But I still love the Fiesta S.

I still managed to scrape the speedbreakers on near Mysore. So SXI with its softer suspension and a known speedbreaker scraper @ that clearly is not my choice (may be a more experienced driver would manage to avoid that even on a SXI.

If I hadn't bought it then and had a choice between Linea and add i20 I would still have gone for the Fiesta S.

As for the Ford A.S.S I did the first oil change as recommended on this forum and the experience was nothing to complain about. As I had inferred the Ford =A.S.S issues is a perception carried over from earlier models of Ford and over time they have gotten over most if it.

You can go for the Fiesta and rest assured that even if Fiat end up offering a 1.6-110 BHP Linea you have the better car and better *** support.

Only thing you have the gamble on is if you want to buy now with what ever discount you get or by march when they will drop prices(throw in free insurance for example) or give goodies on the lower speced models.

As for the rear head rest if you dont expect rear seat occupant taller than 5'7" they will not be able to use it for long anyway. most tend to sag or slump in the seat.

The stiffer suspension is true and may be a .5 KMPL penalty for the wider rubber but they don't get in the way for the most part.

You can always add the leather seats later or right away for another 11K same ones as SXI from the dealer so dont let that get in the way of the cornering capability and the gorgeous Aquarius Blue that you can go for on the S.

ORVM lights are more of an additional thing to pay for during accident repairs and believe me it going to get damaged especially in BLR traffic conditions.
i think you have made a sound choice by going for the fiesta - its a tried and tested model in India. While personally I feel that Linea has all that it takes to be a success in India but is let down by the engine. Its tiny as compared to the rest of the car and open the engine bay you will see what I mean - there is so much space inside.

Anyway do give us a detailed review of your car and throw in some pics. How about proper ICE treatment
suprateep is offline   Reply With Quote