Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 17th May 2010, 15:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure where I could post this, so I am posting this here. I am searching for a pre-owned Ford Ikon TDCi. However, I am unable to find a single diesel Ikon for sale on any website nor on our TBHP classified. Am I missing something?

BTW: Is the diesel variant easy to drive in city?
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:24   #32
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am not too sure where I could post this, so I am posting this here. I am searching for a pre-owned Ford Ikon TDCi. However, I am unable to find a single diesel Ikon for sale on any website nor on our TBHP classified. Am I missing something?

BTW: Is the diesel variant easy to drive in city?
Well, the Ikon TDCi has been on sale for less than 2 years and its not exactly set the sales charts on fire. Plus, the Ikon's dismal resale values could be prompting owners to retain.

I guess it'll be another year or two before those 1.4 Ikons hit the used market.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, the Ikon TDCi has been on sale for less than 2 years and its not exactly set the sales charts on fire. ...
What's Figo TDCI got that Ikon TDCI does not have?
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 12:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Well, the Ikon TDCi has been on sale for less than 2 years and its not exactly set the sales charts on fire. Plus, the Ikon's dismal resale values could be prompting owners to retain.

I guess it'll be another year or two before those 1.4 Ikons hit the used market.
Wow, this explains why I was returning empty handed everywhere with Ikon TDCi. Now, that you mentioned that this is relatively new in the market, I don't think it would fit my budget (around 1.5 lac) even if I come across something in the near future.

Looks like I have to look at Hyundai Accent with that budget or look for smaller cars (which somehow I have been avoiding).
Old 18th May 2010, 12:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
What's Figo TDCI got that Ikon TDCI does not have?
Leaving aside the technical aspects, as far as the brand is concerned, I think Ford has taken positive steps over the years.

Based on what I have read so far, each new car they come up with has lesser issues than the previous one - Figo < Fiesta < Ikon.

Plus lower cost of spares (if that is true) would help this time around.
I think these would influence the sales.
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:44   #36
BHPian

Default Avoid

Hey...I have a 1.6 Zxi since 2003 and it's served me really really well....spend ~ 12K / year on maintenance, etc...but given how responsive this beauty is, it's likely that owners would get carried away once in a while...would recommend that you either get it checked thoroughly at a Ford workshop or avoid buying...
Agarwaka is offline   Reply With Quote