Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 11:06   #106
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 293
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Do you still think, people were right in bashing him?

No, I'm not saying Ford Ikon is perfect nor Linea is perfect. All I can say is I could not trade-off issues mentioned here (Ride quality etc), while I took risk of Trade-off in may be A.S.S. Whereas some people would do other way round.
First of all,no one bashed Amit...

Amit said some things which SX4 owners disagreed with....And mind you,these are ppl having driven the car for more than 10K....

Also,you took a trade off only in A.S.S???Man,you must be kidding??

And thats a very very very silly assumption that ppl buy SX4 keeping only A.S.S in mind

And you think thats the only negative thing in Linea ....

I would say anythin more....Stay in dreamland!!!!!
joy_swift is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 11:18   #107
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Joy, it is a fact that majority of people who bought a Maruti, bought it coz of Maruti's A.S.S!
For them, A.S.S is far important than the car itself!
finneyp is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 11:26   #108
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,638 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari
By Garage I meant t-bhp garage.
I meant the tbhp-garage only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari
he has every rights to feel the way he is feeling for each car based on performance of both the cars over a sufficeint long period of time. That doesn't mean he should attract adj like "SX4 baiter". And you've seen his earlier posts & accepted what he was saying, right? Do you still think, people were right in bashing him?
Don't you think other SX4 owners also have the same right as Amit to voice their opinion about their car ? Amit felt some stuff is not good with the SX4, other SX4 users who did not feel the same disagreed. That is not bashing, but exchange of arguments on a forum. If there had been a personal attack, you can be sure that the Mods would intervene - since nothing of that sort has happened, I would think that we are having a pretty civil argument here.

BTW, while I accept some of the stuff he mentioned, I still have my doubts about the dead-till-2500rpm thing, but since I do not have any experience with the SX4, I did not comment and instead asked other users about their opinion on that issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp
Joy, it is a fact that majority of people who bought a Maruti, bought it coz of Maruti's A.S.S! For them, A.S.S is far important than the car itself!
Maybe you could speak for yourself (if you ever bought a Maruti for the A.S.S) instead of assuming the intentions behind other people's purchase decisions. While good A.S.S surely is important, it is just one of the factors - not the sole one on which the purchase decision hinges.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 25th March 2009 at 11:29.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 12:10   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 608 Times
Default

Oh ho, this debate is still going on.

Arey baba, why don't we get back to SX4 Vs Linea instead of SX4 Vs SX4
rkbharat is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 12:15   #110
BHPian
 
sanjaymugur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 262
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

so summary of this discussion is that your "GOOD" may or may not be as good as my "GOOD"....

i blame it on FIAT for all these , they should not be making good cars in the first place which becomes problematic when accepting other brands...

so the proverb " BEST IS THE ENEMY OF GOOD " holds true...ha..
sanjaymugur is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 12:26   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 293
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I meant the tbhp-garage only.

Maybe you could speak for yourself (if you ever bought a Maruti for the A.S.S) instead of assuming the intentions behind other people's purchase decisions. While good A.S.S surely is important, it is just one of the factors - not the sole one on which the purchase decision hinges.
Well said SupremeBaleno

Finneyp - I hope you are mature enough to understand ppl buy a car based on the TD experience...A.S.S is sort of a bonus and normally is an add-on to the buying experience...

I had bought a Swift 3.5 yrs back because at 4.5L,it was the best car for me(I wrote for me to avoid any confusion)and that had nothin to do with Maruti A.S.S....However,after that the car impressed me as much as the Maruti A.S.S...
joy_swift is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 12:36   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
finneyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
I hope you are mature enough to understand ppl buy a car based on the TD experience...A.S.S is sort of a bonus and normally is an add-on to the buying experience...
Atleast in our country, majority of the people buy a car based only on the mileage & A.S.S!
Quote:
I had bought a Swift 3.5 yrs back because at 4.5L,it was the best car for me(I wrote for me to avoid any confusion)and that had nothin to do with Maruti A.S.S....However,after that the car impressed me as much as the Maruti A.S.S...
Did you TD other cars in that segment?
finneyp is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 13:24   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 293
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Atleast in our country, majority of the people buy a car based only on the mileage & A.S.S!

Did you TD other cars in that segment?
Majority of people buy a car based on mileage and A.S.S but that applies to Alto/Wagon R etc etc...Only small cars

When ppl buy a premium sedan with 8L,they look for far more things than just mileage(which anyways they wont get much) and A.S.S....

And if mileage is the only key factor,ppl buy a Fiesta diesel,certainly not a SX4 since even among petrols,it has a perception of not-so-good FE...

FYI,I did test drive a Getz(the only car that was in the premium hatch segment) but I did not need to since I didnt like its looks in the first place....Also the fact that Swift had a very peppy engine....
joy_swift is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 15:58   #114
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I meant the tbhp-garage only.

Don't you think other SX4 owners also have the same right as Amit to voice their opinion about their car ? Amit felt some stuff is not good with the SX4, other SX4 users who did not feel the same disagreed. That is not bashing, but exchange of arguments on a forum. If there had been a personal attack, you can be sure that the Mods would intervene - since nothing of that sort has happened, I would think that we are having a pretty civil argument here.
SupremeBaleno - Here on t-bhp in a similar situation/ debate I saw someone saying he has checked the other guys garage, "found" out that he owns a particular car of a particular mfr & hence that other guy was biased.

Secondly, yes other SX4 owners hv the same right to voice their opinion. Dont you feel they shd hv just voiced their opinion & stopped there rather than addressing (or shall we say "judging") the other member individually, calling him "Maruti Baiter", "SX4 Baiter" etc). Against that check all of Amit's posts. They are directed towards his experience with his car, faults in his car, they are not directed or addressed to individuals to "judge" them wrong or right. As per you (which I 100% agree) everyone has a right to voice his opinion but shouldn't that be without passing on a judgement on any individual? Am sure readers here are matured enough what to take & what not to take from each member's post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
First of all,no one bashed Amit...

Amit said some things which SX4 owners disagreed with....And mind you,these are ppl having driven the car for more than 10K....

Also,you took a trade off only in A.S.S???Man,you must be kidding??

And thats a very very very silly assumption that ppl buy SX4 keeping only A.S.S in mind

And you think thats the only negative thing in Linea ....

I would say anythin more....Stay in dreamland!!!!!
So what if they hv driven SX4 > 10K (the person whom you tried to call "SX4 baiter" has driven more than that). Does that give them the right to "Judge" individuals? Was't it nicer had they expressed their better experience with the car in response & stopped there?

I've not made any assumptions. I just shared my views & how I chose my car based on that which others may or may not agree based on any of their views.

You may keep counting negative points of Linea. I've absolutely no problem with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Amit, I have driven my SX4 at 150+ kmph on Pune-Mumbai expressway umpteen times and 170 kmph on Pune-Bangalore road. I never said NVH is not a problem, but you are going much much overboard. Dont know whether it is a problem with your car or you are a compulsive SX4 baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Amit,

Sorry to say but you have terribly gone overboard.


I dont know what makes you a Maruti baiter but you do stretch things a bit far.
VahanPujari is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 16:52   #115
xPK
BHPian
 
xPK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 266
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Majority of people buy a car based on mileage and A.S.S but that applies to Alto/Wagon R etc etc...Only small cars

..
.
When ppl buy a premium sedan with 8L,they look for far more things than just mileage(which anyways they wont get much) and A.S.S....

And if mileage is the only key factor,ppl buy a Fiesta diesel,certainly not a SX4 since even among petrols,it has a perception of not-so-good FE...

FYI,I did test drive a Getz(the only car that was in the premium hatch segment) but I did not need to since I didnt like its looks in the first place....Also the fact that Swift had a very peppy engine....
I just would like to increase my knowledge base. No offence to anyone, but if "people look for far more things than mileage and A.S.S", can all the SX4 owners, tell me the reasons why they chosen SX4 over fiesta (petrol)?

Personally if I have to choose a car between SX4 and Fiesta, I would go for SX4, especially for A.S.S. (I couldn't find any specific points which SX4 has and Fiesta doesn't)
xPK is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 17:28   #116
BHPian
 
Meer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
I just would like to increase my knowledge base. No offence to anyone, but if "people look for far more things than mileage and A.S.S", can all the SX4 owners, tell me the reasons why they chosen SX4 over fiesta (petrol)?
Can we take this query to an SX4 Vs Fiesta thread?

Thanks
Meer is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 17:37   #117
BHPian
 
Meer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 199
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Secondly, yes other SX4 owners hv the same right to voice their opinion. Dont you feel they shd hv just voiced their opinion & stopped there rather than addressing (or shall we say "judging") the other member individually, calling him "Maruti Baiter", "SX4 Baiter" etc).

So what if they hv driven SX4 > 10K (the person whom you tried to call "SX4 baiter" has driven more than that). Does that give them the right to "Judge" individuals? Was't it nicer had they expressed their better experience with the car in response & stopped there?
I made the comment because the comments were unbelievable but I did apologize on my next post, if you can check that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meer
Sorry if you did not like my comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Against that check all of Amit's posts. They are directed towards his experience with his car, faults in his car, they are not directed or addressed to individuals to "judge" them wrong or right. As per you (which I 100% agree) everyone has a right to voice his opinion but shouldn't that be without passing on a judgement on any individual? Am sure readers here are matured enough what to take & what not to take from each member's post.
The only point that I wanted to make was that if I have problem with my car, then I will use words like, "My SX4 has this issue, it is behaving in this manner etc etc". I would not use words like, "SX4 is issue prone car, it does not drive well, it has bad whatever, its dead here and there..". So there is a difference. And believe me these words do make a difference when folks take decision.

supremeBaleno has summed it up nicely and being a new member of this forum, I will definitely learn from the way he has written the post.

I am no one to judge who was right and wrong and leave it to the folks reading the posts.
Meer is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 17:41   #118
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 293
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPK View Post
Personally if I have to choose a car between SX4 and Fiesta, I would go for SX4, especially for A.S.S. (I couldn't find any specific points which SX4 has and Fiesta doesn't)
Thats for a diff thread to discuss....

Someone will again come up and chooose ANHC over the FIesta...So is not relevant for this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
I made the comment because the comments were unbelievable but I did apologize on my next post, if you can check that.
Meer,we all know you did the right thing

Vahan just jumped up to some post without going through the entire thread and so was rash/hasty in his comm

Use edit function. You have 15 minutes time after your each post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th March 2009 at 17:53.
joy_swift is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 18:20   #119
xPK
BHPian
 
xPK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 266
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
Can we take this query to an SX4 Vs Fiesta thread?

Thanks
Surely. Infact there's lot of stuff to be discussed on separate threads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Thats for a diff thread to discuss....

Someone will again come up and chooose ANHC over the FIesta...So is not relevant for this thread...
Hmm. I'm kind of moving , right?

And all your posts about importance of A.S.S, are very much relevant to this thread.

I guess you didn't get my point. If SX4 was the car by FIAT? How many people have owned it. If you think A.S.S. is not that important, why don't you just go through the threads of FIAT cars. You'll see many people de-rate the car cause of A.S.S. And if you observe carefully, most of these people are maruti owners.

Indeed I'm lover of maruti cars. We have got 2002 WagonR in family. They always tend to get some soft corner when compared to other producers. But fact remains,
when you choose a maruti car, tell me if you never ever said something like "after all it's a maruti".
xPK is offline  
Old 25th March 2009, 18:30   #120
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,309
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Vahan just jumped up to some post without going through the entire thread and so was rash/hasty in his comm
ok. so now I am "labelled" as rash/hasty. thanks for not calling a baiter or a fanboy.

For the records, I've extensively gone thro' each post on this thread & also all such threads in last 1 month as I was going thro' a tough decision-making phase which the threadstarter is going thro'

I've tried to remain objective in my posts - not tried to call anyone baiter or a fanboy, not tried to call any mfr bad. One can say 100's of negative points on the car I owned or the car I'm going to own in week, I've absolutely no issues with that. Its my firm belief that each individual has his own views/ preferences & I can understand that. If on the other hand, someone doesn't like it & takes it to the heart, its not my prob & it doesn't make any diff to me.

And its also my belief that readers here would know what to take & what not to take from each post
VahanPujari is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MY Fiat Linea Petrol Emotion Hip-Hop Black SSN Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 156 23rd July 2010 11:51
Which Petrol Sedan - Linea or SX4 or Fiesta nkrishnap Sedans 100 14th June 2010 12:37
Are VFM cars really VFM? - Cabs are wrong examples? WindRide The Indian Car Scene 5 21st March 2010 20:35
Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!! VahanPujari Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 724 29th January 2010 14:34
swift (zxi/vxi) is zxi vfm? karty_83 Hatchbacks 30 10th May 2007 14:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks