Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th March 2009, 15:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Please be sure of both Ford and Tata-Fiat A.S.S. in your city before buying the Fiesta or the Linea. While they are both good cars, they need good care, too. Just because a said Tata dealer is good with Indicas and Safaris doesn't mean they will be equally competent (or committed) to service Fiats.

If the existing customers of these brands are not happy, stick to Maruti / Hyundai.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 11:11   #17
agm
BHPian

Guys thanks a ton for all your inputs

@architect -Thats what,i have asked atleast 8-10 Fiesta,Ikon and Endeavour owner here in raipur about the A/S/S and none has said its good infact all of them said we made a mistake by going for a ford vehicle.So,now i am noways going for a ford car as we have only one dealers and its reputation is trully pathetic.
Went to a Fiat showroom and the very same answer if you book a vehicle now it will be delivered to you only by last week of may or 1st week june,now thats too much they dont even have a TD vehicle i guess there is something wrong may its because they are shifting to a new place.
Problem here is that we have only one dealer for all the companies except for Maruti.

Finally have decided to go for I20,i know its not what i was looking for but then had to other option left with me.Really wanted to go for a Sedan this time around but then....

Last edited by agm : 30th March 2009 at 11:29.
agm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 15:37   #18
Senior - BHPian

If there is a problem with Ford / Fiat A.S.S., then I suggest you go for the Verna or SX4 (my pick is SX4). Despite some issues with rattles and maybe not so nice interiors as compared to others, the SX4 is a very good car in it's own right. I think you should go for the SX4 (also because it is more VFM than the Verna petrol and probably better to drive).

Just curious, but is Honda service equally bad in Raipur? If it isn't it, go for the ANHC (if it's in your budget). Performance wise, it should be better than SX4, has the safety features and if maintained properly, it shouldn't give you too much trouble.

My choices outside Ford / Fiat: SX4 or ANHC.
architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2009, 15:51   #19
agm
BHPian

@architect - Thanks again mate,yup i had three cars in mind after Fiesta S it was I20,NHC and SX4.Honda is pretty good here at my place infact one of the best after hyundai but then ANHC is too expensive not worth 9+ Lakh at the same time its out of my budget at max i can shell out 8.5Lakhs including accesseries seat cover etc thats the problem else i would have gone for it with my eye closed if it was in my budget.
I would have been fine even with NHC but then they aint giving me much discount as they have customer's ready to pay them what ever they asking as people are crazy about Honda batch here
agm is offline   Reply With Quote