Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 15th May 2009, 19:07   #16
BHPian

wow that looks awesome. really cant wait to have a TD of the xylo. In terms of comfort does the Xylo beat the Scorpio?
Takumi-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 19:42   #17
Senior - BHPian

Honda accord MT is my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
The Scorpio is on my mind, but considering that I am not much of a off-roader ( Delhi "roads" warrant one though) and that I prefer a low, close to the road stance it just seems less useful to a guy like me. Maybe if i drove around in one I would like it? stranger things have happened!
yes, drive one & you will be suprised! in a good way, of course! but please dont compare it to a sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
wow that looks awesome. really cant wait to have a TD of the xylo. In terms of comfort does the Xylo beat the Scorpio?
YES. and that too- pretty hard. comfort in the xylo in terms of space & seats are top notch.
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 19:58   #18
BHPian

Regarding the reliability of Diesel engines, my two cents. I have been using Indica since 2004 and it has clocked 100k till now and still going strong. Leave the wear and tear parts aside, there has been no issues on engine. Also heard on the forum that Linea service interval is 15k where the same for other diesel cars is 5/10k, so it makes more sense to go for this beauty.
anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 22:11   #19
BHPian

Did you all know that the qualis was the first one to have this kind of seating, in the top end RS model of course.
@topic if you are considering SUVs then why not consider a innova or a safari, these are the best two SUV/MUV available in india
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 22:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Linea would be a wise choice,doing arround 80kms a day and week end drives would mean an average of 3000-3200kms per month.diesel would be an option.Else my vote goes to the used civic.Civic is my heart and linea brains,will the heart win over the brains,shoulnt be every time like that,lolz
ram
ram_hyundai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 23:12   #21
BHPian

Why not consider a verna diesel? have driven them and are really good, also consider a fiesta diesel, also very peppy also you save 2-3 lacs that you can use to modify
abhayshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2009, 23:14   #22
BHPian

I'm guessing your going to be alone in the car so why buy suv/muv except for the space?

Anyway, for comfort get Innova, or xylo since you want to save money.

Look at logan if you don't care about what people think, its got crazy space in the backseat(which is why cabbies love it)

I'll still say TD the scorpio/safari, people tend to fall in love with SUVs, and sleeping in one will be comfortable too!

If you like sedans you can save money and get a fiesta

Last edited by Gagan.js : 15th May 2009 at 23:16.
Gagan.js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 11:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Pick up a used accord v6 and convert to cng
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 14:55   #24
BHPian

Well, dont insult Accord V6 by giving it a CNG.
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2009, 20:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

DOnt know why you did not think of the innova with that kind of budgets. I'm sure you'll love to get some good sleep in the middle row pilot seats of the innova. If you are not happy with driving it you could even think of pete-ing it. I'm sure it would be a good buy for your requirement. If you surely want a sedan i think it should be the linea or the fiesta. With the linea having an edge on rear seat comfort and fiesta having an edge on drivers delight.

If you really want to save some money and dont mind a tata. go for the vista q-jet. Its good to drive and its also good to sit at the rear.
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 12:13   #26
BHPian

Accord & civic, for monthyl run of 3-3.2K km.

can not be considered these fuel guzzlers for all the Kanjooses.!
loving_alaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 12:37   #27
BHPian

Well the plan goes something like this: The choice of cars has been narrowed down to two.
Me and iraghava are scouting for mint condition civics and accords ( if we find a good deal on one)
if you guys know of any good deals please do let me know!
You help and advice is much appreciated fellas!

Cheers!
pradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 12:08   #28
BHPian

Update time!

As per the original plan hunted around for civics and Accords. I did happen to find a 2007 spec 1.8 V civic for a very reasonable 7L but there were some doubt about the car and the owner did not allow me to get the car evaluated by Honda so the deal was called off.

Since I would be leaving India for my annual business trips in another 14 days, I was quite relaxed and was going easy on the car search. I mean I could wait till I got back right?

NO!

By pure luck happened to chance upon this Minimal grey Linea for a price I could not refuse and now she is mine!

Will post a detailed story on this later, for now this is to thank all the folks who poured in with their suggestions here. My shout out to Iraghava who helped me in this car hunt all along and All the members of the Linea club ( vahanpujari, opendoro, neotraveller, coolboy007,cars_PG, Aks_Karthik and others) for their sharing their experiences here!

Thanks fellas!
Old 9th July 2009, 12:35   #29
BHPian

Congrats, welcome to the club! With your kind of running it makes a lot of sense. The Linea's mileage is absolutely amazing and is one thing I have no complaints about! I get 13 km/l in the city and 20 km/l on the highway!
CarsPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2009, 12:48   #30
BHPian

I have been getting around 15-16 in the city so far, with the display set to instantaneous consumption I have become a lot more watchful of the amount of fuel my car is sipping. soon I will be hypermiling

The best thing about the car is the amount of attention it gets you, me and a friend went to the movies on Sunday and the amount of people gawking and admiring the car was phenomenal!
A merc does not get this much attention on Delhi road, the Linea is admiration guaranteed for sure!

Mods : Can we EDIT the title and add " Bought Linea MJD" to it?

Last edited by pradster : 9th July 2009 at 12:49.