Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 11:26   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Hi. I currently drive a Swift VDi. I've just completed a Lakh km on it.
Live to Jive - great to hear that you have already done one lakh km on Swift D. Very few have reached even half of that mark. Would love to read about your Long term ownership on the same.
DieselFan is offline  
Old 16th July 2009, 11:39   #32
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
Live to Jive - great to hear that you have already done one lakh km on Swift D. Very few have reached even half of that mark. Would love to read about your Long term ownership on the same.
I will try and write one. Anyway there is nothing that has not been mentioned in other threads. The Engine is still as good as new but can't say the same about the body.
Live To Jive is offline  
Old 16th July 2009, 13:37   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,005
Thanked: 106 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Looks like I have to add the Lancer, Accent and Esteem to my list. How is the situation with parts for these 2 cars. What about an Opel Corsa?
You can remove the accent from that list and forget about the corsa.
Your best bet is a used baleno. If you look hard enough i am sure you will find a good one below 2L.
cooldude1988765 is offline  
Old 17th July 2009, 21:57   #34
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

I think the Corsa is out. Not so sure about the Accent though. The Palio seems to be a strong contender now. Cannot rule out the Lancer too. Petrol Lancers should be cheaper than OHC's. Baleno is not easy to find.
Keep the suggestions pouring. I'll keep hunting in the meantime.
Live To Jive is offline  
Old 17th July 2009, 23:25   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
gaurav_chopra04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 534 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Petrol Lancers should be cheaper than OHC's.
certainly... plus they are not hard to find as well.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline  
Old 18th July 2009, 09:46   #36
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
certainly... plus they are not hard to find as well.
How much should I pay for a Petrol Lancer? I read in some threads that people put some MIVEC engine in the Lancer. Then a Lancer makers sense as I can do this upgrade later when funds are available.
Live To Jive is offline  
Old 18th July 2009, 10:39   #37
BHPian
 
Glifford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 371
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
I think the Corsa is out. Not so sure about the Accent though. The Palio seems to be a strong contender now. Cannot rule out the Lancer too. Petrol Lancers should be cheaper than OHC's. Baleno is not easy to find.
Keep the suggestions pouring. I'll keep hunting in the meantime.
I too suggest you strike the Accent off your list too. I consider it a boring car (personal opinion).

The Lancer (old style) had a very good looking front grille design. The new one looks odd ball with the smiling grille!
Glifford is offline  
Old 18th July 2009, 10:44   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,501
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Weekends in Goa - I would buy a brand new RE and use the spare change for a year's worth of fuel. Great roads to ride a bike on!
Sawyer is online now  
Old 18th July 2009, 17:39   #39
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Margao
Posts: 94
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Weekends in Goa - I would buy a brand new RE and use the spare change for a year's worth of fuel. Great roads to ride a bike on!
Actually you do need a car at night specially. Roads are great but riding is dangerous. My suggestion would be to stick to cars.

@Live To Jive
There's a Baleno for sale. Top model, 80K Km, single owner, for 1.2Lakhs.

Last edited by Furious55 : 18th July 2009 at 17:42.
Furious55 is offline  
Old 18th July 2009, 17:47   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,501
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Having lived there for three years some thirty years ago, with my trusted Yezdi, I do know that. But for a good rider, and a Bullet, what a place to ride! As in any other place, as a biker you must be good at defensive riding but there are a lot of rides even now where you can see for a distance, ahead and around, and have the time of your life. Cars are for commuters!
Sawyer is online now  
Old 18th July 2009, 17:48   #41
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Weekends in Goa - I would buy a brand new RE and use the spare change for a year's worth of fuel. Great roads to ride a bike on!
I have a RD350. Not exactly an Enfield fan. I ride the RD every sunday.
Live To Jive is offline  
Old 18th July 2009, 18:02   #42
BHPian
 
Turbo Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 257
Thanked: 68 Times
Default

Couldn't agree more with Sawyer, infact even I was about to suggest something on two wheels. 80k Baleno or anything similar will just ruin your weekend nothing else.
And nothing can beat the experience of wind in hair. Try to find some good machine, You may even get few good imported with low mileage decent examples in your budget.
Turbo Head is offline  
Old 18th July 2009, 18:09   #43
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,501
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

lol@wind in the hair - I recommend water sports for that to be honest! These days, I tend to be more of a helmet and leathers kind of biker. Age catching up, you may well say. That is the only downer to a bike in Goa, the place is hot and humid all the time for riding attire.
Sawyer is online now  
Old 19th July 2009, 10:25   #44
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 696
Thanked: 84 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Couldn't agree more with Sawyer, infact even I was about to suggest something on two wheels. 80k Baleno or anything similar will just ruin your weekend nothing else.
And nothing can beat the experience of wind in hair. Try to find some good machine, You may even get few good imported with low mileage decent examples in your budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
lol@wind in the hair - I recommend water sports for that to be honest! These days, I tend to be more of a helmet and leathers kind of biker. Age catching up, you may well say. That is the only downer to a bike in Goa, the place is hot and humid all the time for riding attire.
As I mentioned earlier, I have a RD350. In fact I sold it a short while ago. After a week, the guy decided he didn't want it and came back to me. I immediately refunded his money and took the bike back. Won't make that mistake again.

What are the problems I could expect with a Baleno that has done 80K Km?

Last edited by Live To Jive : 19th July 2009 at 10:26.
Live To Jive is offline  
Old 19th July 2009, 10:29   #45
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,501
Thanked: 1,269 Times
Default

Good for you. I now prefer a Bullet to all the rockets because I am now happier thumping along at 70 kmph. But the RD350 is a bike to spend your life with too. If it will let you, if you see what I mean!
Sawyer is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Really really cheap car! nim_peter Hatchbacks 51 5th December 2011 21:40
A cheap two-door sports car? aditya101 Luxury, Imports & Niche 28 17th April 2009 09:55
Cheap hotels in Cochin and Mysore with Car park? lynx Route / Travel Queries 15 22nd February 2009 21:48
Cheap and Good buy whole car audio for Alto Lx?? ramki067 In-Car Entertainment 14 28th September 2006 22:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks