Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 29th July 2009, 21:32   #1
BHPian

Default New Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi

This is my first post ( after the 'introduce yourself' bit), and believe me, I am scared and shaking as hell, what with being rejected in my first attempt to join this group!!

I must thank the group for its in depth analyses into the primary question in my mind, that mirrors a majority of modern India today - 'What Car?'

Thanks to the advice given at various places here, I zeroed in on the Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi I drive less than 1200 km a month, love driving and will remain in the driver's seat till medically certified unfit to drive. And within my budget, this was the 'heart' car that appealed to me.

I have booked the car at Bhagat Ford at Jallandhar.

Meanwhile, I read on the net that there is a model change in the car wef 04 Aug 09.

Anyone on the group aware of what enhancements / changes in specs would come about?

This is important to me, so that I am sure the dealer does not hand me over old stock.

Thanks for inputs in advance!
Archer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 13:34   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you love to drive, can't do better than the Ford Fiesta 1.6 in that price range. I'm gonna go a step further and ask you to choose the Fiesta 1.6S (instead of the SXi). Then, start with the mods (forum search).

Back to the supposed new Fiesta, they've just released a special price + some addons. Ford is doing what it does best : A neverending stream of special editions (didn't we just have one a month back). As long as the deal is good, who cares about the frequency (except existing owners ).

However, if they want to increase their market share, promos on the 1.6 petrol aren't going to cut it. They need that 1.6 diesel under the hood of the Fiesta at a good price. Especially now that one gets larger diesel sedans at a lower price than the Fiesta.

Last edited by GTO : 30th July 2009 at 13:35.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 15:53   #3
BHPian

Just went to the Ford dealer and had a look. The main differences are alloy wheels, chrome ervms, chrome front grill ( lower grill is still black) chrome side moldings, leather seats. The price difference is about 8K, versus the current model
Was wondering if I should cancel my Linea booking and take the Fiesta. I will stick to the Linea. IMHO The engine is where the Fiesta outshines the Linea.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 17:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Just went to the Ford dealer and had a look. The main differences are alloy wheels, chrome ervms, chrome front grill ( lower grill is still black) chrome side moldings, leather seats. The price difference is about 8K, versus the current model
Except the chrome orvms (might look yucky IMO---I still prefer them body-coloured), all the other things are there in the sxi that I own----of course I'd paid extra for the alloys.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 17:50   #5
BHPian

Great choice of Car there Archer. I have one for the past one year and it is a Fun Car to drive.
About the new one , heard a bit , but as mentioned in this thread , there are very minute changes to the exterior , but the heart is what matters in the end.

It has a great Heart and you will keep rocking.
( Not a great fan of the slogan Go Fida! , Yuck)
RP_812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 18:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on a wise decision! I have a 1.6SXI which is almost 80k kms & three & a half years old. Great car, I only wish I could drive her more (as currently my driver has more of the pleasure!)..........
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 19:34   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Except the chrome orvms (might look yucky IMO---I still prefer them body-coloured), all the other things are there in the sxi that I own----of course I'd paid extra for the alloys.
My thoughts exactly on the ervms. The leather upholstery was also rather ordinary.
Pragmites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 23:14   #8
BHPian

Default Ford Fiesta 1.6 - Advice

Hi folks,

I have been looking out for an upgrade to a sedan since some time and have almost decided on a 1.6 Fiesta ZXI . I havent test driven the Linea yet , but was not very impressed with the SX4.

Any feedbacks from users of the 1.6 Fiesta ZXI?

I need some frank opinions from Ford users in Bangalore about Metro Ford & Lathangi Ford as well. Who among them offer better service and is reliable?

And is this the right time to go for a new car purchase, or should i wait for some more months, as i have heard lots of offers come up during September and year end.

Cheers
kap04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 09:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!!Did you TD Fiesta-S,if not then do so imm.its one hell of machine with the skirts etc.
post some pic's & do justice to the thread.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 10:21   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Got the information for ya:

Quote:
Ford India raises the competitive bar with the new look and stylish Fiesta SXI which brings added sophistication to the luxurious car with its chrome & silver finish.

The new front-fascia with the chrome façade and dramatic crystal barrel headlamps is visually strong and expressive, elevating Fiesta's on-road presence.

''The new Fiesta SXI will make a statement with its premium new style persona. Based on our customer feedback, the new Fiesta SXI has been introduced to appeal to the young, suave and style-oriented professionals who want their cars to reflect their individual personality, signifying success, confidence and accomplishments,'' said Nigel Wark, executive director, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford India.

Inside, the new Fiesta SXI surrounds its occupants with eye-catching luxury and comfort with its grain beige leather interiors, mahogany wood-finished center console with brushed aluminum finish adorning knobs, vents and the steering wheel. The 2 DIN MP3 player with Aux-in capability also unwinds the occupants with its whopping surround sound.

The new Fiesta SXI comes with the advanced and efficient 1.6 Duratec (petrol) and 1.4 Duratorq (common-rail, turbo diesel) engines. Both engines are fuel efficient and produce class-leading performance.

The top-end SXI variant has been aggressively priced at Rs. 6.99 lakhs (petrol) and Rs. 7.99 lakhs (diesel) (Ex-showroom, New Delhi) and will be available at Ford dealerships across India starting 3rd August.
Name:  Fiesta.GIF
Views: 4508
Size:  97.7 KB
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 10:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Irrespective of the dealer part, Fiat Linea is a great car with just about decent engine. If I were buying a family car, I would buy the Linea. If I am buying a car for myself which I will be driving most of the time it's the fiesta.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 15:47   #12
BHPian

+1 to that.

Looks, Features, road-presence, space, comfort - Linea
Outright performance, driving delight- Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Irrespective of the dealer part, Fiat Linea is a great car with just about decent engine. If I were buying a family car, I would buy the Linea. If I am buying a car for myself which I will be driving most of the time it's the fiesta.
neotraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2009, 20:00   #13
BHPian

Default She's Home!

Thank you all for your time, and valuable advice!
Allow me to announce the arrival of a Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi (Moondust Silver) into the BHp fraternity!
I had initially thought of the 'Thunder' colour, but then switched to MDS, as it covered up a bit for the 'loud' chrome on the OVRM.
Have driven her for all of two days, before moving out of town for two weeks ( one week left). Itching to go back and get to know the beaut!
Will post pics soon.
As of now, am scanning the fora for what to do on the getup front. ( To me, it looks pretty natty the way it is, anyway).
Cheers!
Archer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 10:36   #14
BHPian

Hey Archer,

welcome to the Club. its raining Fiestas on tbhp... wow, i can't contain my excitement...

Did u get the new SXi premium... what deal you got - Discounts, freebies, etc? pls post details.

Also, what is this 'Thunder' colour. Never seen / heard it. Its not there on the Ford site either?

Enjoy the beauty - Go FIDA

Thanks
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 12:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!pls post some pics.Perhpas the first New SXI model among bhpians.
Ramsagar is offline   Reply With Quote