Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 5th August 2009, 11:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

thank you. i will definitely consider the pedals. no doubt. in fact i might ask them to add those to the accessories list for free. instead of crap like boot mats and foot carpets etc.
let's see how the haggling goes
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 13:19   #47
BHPian

Frank, wat happened? No S?met my friend yest, he said he'd let me know today.
rg_chn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 14:05   #48
BHPian

hey Frank,

am in the same boat as u were. Infact, am stuck at 2 levels:

- Level 1: Fiesta v/s Verna (heart says Fiesta, head says Verna)...
- Level 2: Fiesta SXi or ZXi or S (i have started thinking on this since i most probably will settle for the Fiesta. But am yet to TD the Verna - hope the TD doesnt change my heart's call)

After reading your post, it seems the ZXi (with mods) is a sensible choice.

Which Ford dealer in Mumbai are you buying from?

Thanks
ashishgandhi_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 17:54   #49
Senior - BHPian

hi ashish.
i finally went for the S. the last one Shaman had to offer.
It's white in colour. Got it for a price cheaper than the ZXi, since it was the last S Shaman had on offer.

Can you PM me your no., i have something to tell you
Old 7th August 2009, 19:31   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
hi ashish.
i finally went for the S. the last one Shaman had to offer.
It's white in colour. Got it for a price cheaper than the ZXi, since it was the last S Shaman had on offer.

Can you PM me your no., i have something to tell you
Was price the only motivator to go for the S or was it your inner desire always
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 19:35   #51
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
hi ashish.
since it was the last S Shaman had on offer.
is this shaman dealer shutting shop or has ford stopped selling S?
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 20:21   #52
Senior - BHPian

@ man with the bolero ;-) : Price was never a factor. I didn't have a budget. Went with the heart and see what I landed up with!

@ jassi: Shaman Ford is shutting down. The S is very much, still in production. I don't think they will close down the S, until they pull the plug on this Gen of the Fiesta.
Old 7th August 2009, 20:54   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Get red carpets for your car too

Time to change thread title!
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 20:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Frank, so your search and research are culminating into booking !! ZXI, SXI, S and finally S ? I am curious to know about the dealer shutting shop part. Few months back, Cauvery Ford in bangalore had shut shop. I wonder how these dealers close one fine morning !! Is it because of the tough competition ? Or due to better margin in other brands ? No clue. May be you could throw some light on the Shaman Ford part.

Congrats on the finalisation. S version is rockingly good, because its very rare on road. The only reason for me to stick to ZXI was considering myself as not a rally driver, having a family who will enjoy softer rides, very rare chances that I would drive it around all alone, unless for picking up relatives from airport or railway stations. Then offcourse the things that are missing in the S, like head rests, centre arm rest, camel and beige dash & seats etc.

Waiting for your upcoming experiences with the dealer !
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 23:46   #55
BHPian

Finally you decided and booked it. Was wondering if you would start looking at A,B,C,D..lol. Sad joke, I know! Congrats buddy.
pranava999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 23:54   #56
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
@ jassi: Shaman Ford is shutting down. The S is very much, still in production. I don't think they will close down the S, until they pull the plug on this Gen of the Fiesta.
Aah got it oh and Congrats!! when are we gonna see the pics and what color did you decide?
Old 7th August 2009, 23:57   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys. Thank you so much for your inputs.
I had gone to the warehouse and saw my car. MY CAR.

Surreal feeling. Even though it was still dirty, and no PDI was done, since it was still at the warehouse, I got goosebumps. And I just couldn't help marvel at the S which cosmetically has very few differences from the other variants, but looks ABSOLUTELY different, and stunning. Look like different cars altogether. The subtle black additions, and the body kit and the larger wheels and the alloys make it worth the while.
The suspension is going to be hard, but as Pranava said, he wont be driving the car alone, mine is a totally opposite case. It's my personal car and I rarely drive with my family in it. Mostly during the weekends. The rest of time I'm pottering around alone like a vella in the car. LOL.

Anyways, I didn't wanna post these pictures till delivery, but this is my car. It's about 70 km from my place, but I still made the visit before booking my car.
Enjoy the pictures and do leave your comments! Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.-06082009004.jpg  

Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.-0608200900101.jpg  

Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.-0608200900201.jpg  

Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.-06082009005.jpg  

Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.-06082009007.jpg  

Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.-06082009008.jpg  

Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5.-06082009003.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by frankmehta : 8th August 2009 at 00:05.
Old 8th August 2009, 00:01   #58
BHPian

^^ wow that looks awesome - man i feel like buying a white S right now :-O
Old 8th August 2009, 00:03   #59
Senior - BHPian

Please excuse the poor quality. My girlfriend and I both own E63's and they have the worst cameras ever (great phone though)
And I was least bothered about taking photos at that moment. I was doing the check mentioned in the Advice section.
In my excitement I still forgot to check the battery, headlights and the wipers. LOL
Old 8th August 2009, 00:11   #60
Senior - BHPian

Hey, Frank, the car seems to be standing for quite sometime. Please check the condition of the rubbers.

also your mirror seems to be broken
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote