Fiesta 1.6 SXI 14 8.19%
Fiesta 1.6 S 37 21.64%
Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 15th February 2011, 17:15   #151
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Suman's Choices & Dilemma : The Final Countdown!

Dear Suman,

My pick would be the Chevy Cruze and the Captiva. I think both have got decent FTD
Old 15th February 2011, 21:31   #152
Senior - BHPian

Please find my replies in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
As far as the Linea is concerned, dunno why but I've always felt claustrophobic in the vehicle, be it front or rear. Maybe its the sloping roof or whatever but no Lineas for me.

I somehow felt exactly same when I test drove a linea 2 weeks back.

Doc, no pre-owned & certainly not the outdated Pajero. Besides, there's nothing wrong with the Safari, the replacement is just a pre-emptive move. Getting a pre-owned Pajero will not be pre-emption but asking for trouble!

Outy, Outy...Outy, Outy

Man, tell me about it Gaurav.

I wish I could.

That was exactly my reaction - a "Lala" sports!

lolzz.. Lala Sports, did you get an old car or a new car. I thought it was old?

just can't digest spending that kind of money on the Fortuner.

X1 or a pre-owned 5, ANYONE.
Saw this episode of new fiesta last week on fifth gear. Check it.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 15th February 2011 at 21:37.
Old 15th February 2011, 21:37   #153
Team-BHP Support

From the pic Sidindica posted, the new Verna may be a game changer. The whole body shell looks changed.
If its coming anytime soon, I suggest you wait for a TD before your final decision
Old 15th February 2011, 22:28   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Someone was mentioning about a BS-4 Pajero with CRDi. Any news on that.
According to the Mitsu Sales guy, the Pajero Sports is launching in November, 26 plus OTR

Tanveer, I will TD the new Verna if it comes in the next couple of months. But I'm pretty sure that dodgy handling will remain, new body shell or not......

Last edited by suman : 15th February 2011 at 22:30.
Old 16th February 2011, 16:58   #155
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Suman,

I think the T-Jet will be the perfect replacement for your Fiesta. Beauty of an engine, steering, handling and dynamics. Ride is good (though not as plush as the regular 15" wheel Linea) and the brakes are outstanding. Believe me, there are few cars as fun to drive on the open (and / or winding) road. It's got a good feature list and is a full size bigger than the Fiesta (inside and out).

As for the Safari replacement, I can't think of anything better than the Aria for you. The only real negative of the Aria, IMO, is the price. As long as you are fine with the premium rupee tag.....the vehicle is a giant leap ahead for Tata Engineering (and your Safari).
Old 18th February 2011, 01:20   #156
Senior - BHPian

Change only one car

a) Keep the Fiesta and spend 25L on a X-Trail, Santa Fe (considering diesels only)
b) Keep the Safari and spend 25L+ a bit, on a 320d (TD the Kizashi though !)

If replacing both cars - would you truly get a 'significant upgrade' for either of them even after spending 25L?

Last edited by shuvc : 18th February 2011 at 01:22.
Old 19th February 2011, 13:44   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think the T-Jet will be the perfect replacement for your Fiesta. Beauty of an engine, steering, handling and dynamics. Ride is good (though not as plush as the regular 15" wheel Linea) and the brakes are outstanding. Believe me, there are few cars as fun to drive on the open (and / or winding) road. It's got a good feature list and is a full size bigger than the Fiesta (inside and out).

As for the Safari replacement, I can't think of anything better than the Aria for you. The only real negative of the Aria, IMO, is the price. As long as you are fine with the premium rupee tag.....the vehicle is a giant leap ahead for Tata Engineering (and your Safari).
Rush, as I've mentioned, for some reason, the Linea makes me feel claustrophobic, front seat or rear. Else, the T-Jet was a no-brainer. Aria - I dunno, it doesn't even have a 4-L option - not that we're going to Leh every year but whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Change only one car

a) Keep the Fiesta and spend 25L on a X-Trail, Santa Fe (considering diesels only)
b) Keep the Safari and spend 25L+ a bit, on a 320d (TD the Kizashi though !)

If replacing both cars - would you truly get a 'significant upgrade' for either of them even after spending 25L?
Shuvo, reason I want to change both is the number of years & mileage done on both. Beyond 100-125k kms, expenses do pop up & an old car is, after all, an old car.

I do not consider either the X-trail or the Santa Fe to be worth the price they sell at. Cannot digest paying 27 lacs OTR for something that sells in the US for US$ 19,000 (that's the Santa Fe)

If I was going to pay that kinda money, I'd buy the X1, with all its shortcomings!

Gaurav, I realized I hadn't answered one of your questions - it was the "old" car & he was explaining what was missing in the "new" version,
Old 19th February 2011, 16:31   #158
Senior - BHPian

verna 1.6 diesel or new fiesta 1.6 diesel plus new toyota fortuner=perfect garage.
Old 19th February 2011, 18:04   #159
Senior - BHPian

I would buy the T Fort if I were you for the Safari replacement. Even though it is overpriced by about 20% IMO, no other vehicle in that segment would give the kind of space that you have gotten used to in the Safari, the 4wd low ratio and dependability(this would be new though).
Old 20th February 2011, 09:25   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would buy the T Fort if I were you for the Safari replacement. Even though it is overpriced by about 20% IMO, no other vehicle in that segment would give the kind of space that you have gotten used to in the Safari, the 4wd low ratio and dependability(this would be new though).
Apart from being majorly overpriced, the Fortuner suffers from lousy middle row ride & terrible brakes (yes, even after that supposed "upgrade"). With almost 50% of my daily commute being on the expressway, cannot take a chance with the brakes.....and can do without the lousy middle row ride
Old 20th February 2011, 10:19   #161
Senior - BHPian

If it's an SUV - here are my 2 favourite choices -

Endeavour - great discounts, at about 18 Lacs saves you 3-4 lacs almost compared to the fortuner. Bad resale though BUT if you want to keep it for 5 years then go for it.

CRV Diesel - it's just round the corner. I have driven it quite a bit since my office has 1 in the UK. Does not beong to me BUT my partner swears by it. I think its should be launched in 2-3 months as CRV Petrol sales are nearly zero.

As far as a sedan goes - the Cruze is fantastic. A close second would be the New Hyundai Avante / Verna. Its a looker !! Have you seen the adverts recently ? Its going to be a hit. Trust me on this one. And Hyundai Diesels are supposed to be tops. And I have a feeling its going to be priced between 9 - 10 lacs.
Old 20th February 2011, 11:02   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
CRV Diesel - it's just round the corner. I have driven it quite a bit since my office has 1 in the UK. Does not beong to me BUT my partner swears by it. I think its should be launched in 2-3 months as CRV Petrol sales are nearly zero.
CR-V diesel would come as a CBU - At near 30 Lakhs, why would one buy one. At these prices the X1 definitely would seem more meaningful.
Old 20th February 2011, 13:55   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
With almost 50% of my daily commute being on the expressway, cannot take a chance with the brakes.....and can do without the lousy middle row ride
Well, in that case, I would suggest you wait, for the Pajero Sport, the W201, and the Ssangyong offerings though I m not a big fan of any Korean designs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Endeavour - great discounts, at about 18 Lacs saves you 3-4 lacs almost compared to the fortuner. Bad resale though BUT if you want to keep it for 5 years then go for it.
Highly NOT recommended. The seating comfort on all rows apart from the 2 front seats is horrid alongwith the ride quality.
Old 20th February 2011, 14:05   #164
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 20th February 2011 at 14:35. Reason: See Moderator note in post.
Old 20th February 2011, 18:14   #165
Team-BHP Support

Suman, I don't think the brakes of a fotuner can be worse than the Safari. I think both would be equally bad. As for middle row, yes its going to be very bad as compared to safari.
That said, I would suggest you do not go for current 2.2 and wait for merlin.
JLR is working very hard, and hopefully problems won't repeat.
That said, a current manufactured 2.2 will be pretty reliable
1. Fuel system problems are now sorted out. No pesky injector/FP/head issues, a major problem
2. New Timing belt kit, again the problem of timing belt breaking is gone

Problems still remaining
1. rear LSD, I don't think Tata will ever fix that
2. Roof AC issue
3. Suspension weakness issue (Frequent bush changes on rough surface driving, extended esp). Center pin issues
Closed Thread