Fiesta 1.6 SXI 14 8.19%
Fiesta 1.6 S 37 21.64%
Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 20th February 2011, 20:03   #166
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Suman's Choices & Dilemma : The Final Countdown!

Sumanji..you are a tough guy to convince...good options are overpriced, thats the sad state of our market. And Honda CR-V will undergo a full model change in 2012, so no point in buying one now. And pajero sport? Still no chances...it would be big if they first make a current pajero Euro 4 complaint.
Old 20th February 2011, 20:40   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not sure if the Aria is the right one for you (or anyone). Looks oddball, cannot enjoy a simple OTR and an Innova can do everything it does on road.
Old 21st February 2011, 12:55   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, in that case, I would suggest you wait, for the Pajero Sport, the W201,
Pajero Sport would be on the other side of 25 lacs OTR.......as far as W201 is concerned, I'm getting a little wary since I'm hearing of far too many niggles in recent Scorpio purchases as well as the interior fit & finish of the Thar - I think the famed M&M "quality" is going the TML way. Besides, interior space & middle row ride are totally unknown factors at this point in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Suman, I don't think the brakes of a fotuner can be worse than the Safari. I think both would be equally bad.
Tanveer, to be honest, I've had no issues whatsoever with my Safari brakes - the VX with the ABS & EBD does a great job as far as bringing it to a stop is concerned. I think the Fortuner's brakes are a lot worse than the Safari's.

Last edited by suman : 21st February 2011 at 12:58.
Old 21st February 2011, 19:35   #169
Senior - BHPian

Suman, jst saw on the Skoda Laura thread, that the 1.8 Tsi was being cleared from inventory (maybe phasing out for next model) for 10.99 ex s. It seems to be the ideal upgrade and drivers car from the Ford Fiesta. Unless you have a mental block against owning Skoda and sympathize with HarishV and other owners. But really don't think that servicing a Skoda would be tough in a place like Delhi.
Old 21st February 2011, 20:01   #170
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fortuner brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Tanveer, to be honest, I've had no issues whatsoever with my Safari brakes - the VX with the ABS & EBD does a great job as far as bringing it to a stop is concerned. I think the Fortuner's brakes are a lot worse than the Safari's.
Fortuner's brakes are perfectly fine on highways once you drive it like a SUV, and get used to its dynamics. My vehicle has done close to 8K now, and I have driven 6K+ on just highways and in different conditions - no complaints. Sure, it could have been (should have been better) - but that is a compromise I am willing to live with and can manage.
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:02   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Sure, it could have been (should have been better) - but that is a compromise I am willing to live with and can manage.
Thanks, that's good to know from an ownership perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Suman, jst saw on the Skoda Laura thread, that the 1.8 Tsi was being cleared from inventory (maybe phasing out for next model) for 10.99 ex s. It seems to be the ideal upgrade and drivers car from the Ford Fiesta.
Thanks mate but that 10.99 is ex-Thane only, in Gurgaon, it is 11.99 ex-showroom, which works out to 13.2 on-road.

In the meantime, we TD'd the Cruze over the weekend. Man, what a rocket . We liked the awesome acceleration but I absolutely hated the Turbo lag. I can live with that lag if it was an SUV but in a Sedan?

Also liked the ride comfort (went flat out over bad patches & rear seat occupants found the ride better than both the Vento & the Cedia) & the depth of the rear seat but didn't like the rear legroom which is quite pathetic compared to the Vento.

The good thing is - they are adding on Climate Control, USB & Audio Mounted Steering Controls to the LT (new cars will be available for delivery by end March) and increasing the ex-showroom price by around 25-30k. So, the LT will be available for around 13.2 lacs on-road plus say another 15k for fog lamps. Not bad but that's still over 3 lacs more than the top end Vento!

The Vento still appears to be the way to go (outright acceleration is not too far away from the Cruze, the huge advantage being almost zero turbo lag) although the Cruze looks way better!

The quest continues, watch this space
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:05   #172
Team-BHP Support

I have a feeling that you will end up buying the Verna. I have been told that the handling has improved from the previous version. Its a stunner, and has all the safety equipment you need.
Of course, how much the handling has improved is not known
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:16   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pajero Sport would be on the other side of 25 lacs OTR.......as far as W201 is concerned, I'm getting a little wary since I'm hearing of far too many niggles in recent Scorpio purchases as well as the interior fit & finish of the Thar - I think the famed M&M "quality" is going the TML way. Besides, interior space & middle row ride are totally unknown factors at this point in time.
Well, in that case the Pajero Sport too would be one more example of Mitsubishi's lack of understanding of the market. Sigh...

It is hard to comment on the W-201 till it is launched but I m pretty sure that M&M will do their homework on its F&F before they launch it and if they make it as spacious and comfortable as the current Safari coupled with M&M's reliability, it will set the charts on fire.

Yes, going by the number of niggles a few of the MHawk owners are having, it would be a good idea to let the W 201 "bed in" for, say, an year before signing the dotted line.

So, what are you indicating/moving towards? Merlin probably, since you are used to the Safari's niggles?
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:29   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So, what are you indicating/moving towards? Merlin probably, since you are used to the Safari's niggles?
Dunno. Let's see when the Merlin makes an appearance & what it has on offer. At this point in time, I'm not planning on buying the existing 2.2.

And, to be honest, the 3.0 liter that I presently have has not exhibited any of the trademark 2.2 niggles - be they fuel system related or other electronic gremlins.
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:13   #175
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Suman,

I think the T-Jet will be the perfect replacement for your Fiesta. Beauty of an engine, steering, handling and dynamics. Ride is good (though not as plush as the regular 15" wheel Linea) and the brakes are outstanding. Believe me, there are few cars as fun to drive on the open (and / or winding) road. It's got a good feature list and is a full size bigger than the Fiesta (inside and out).
Quote:
Rush, as I've mentioned, for some reason, the Linea makes me feel claustrophobic, front seat or rear. Else, the T-Jet was a no-brainer. Aria - I dunno, it doesn't even have a 4-L option - not that we're going to Leh every year but whatever.
Seeing how none of the 10 lakh sedans meet your needs, it's time for you to join the pre-worshipped club Take your pick for 7 - 10 lakhs:

Honda Civic
Honda Accord
Toyota Camry
Skoda Laura
Hyundai Sonata CRDi

15 - 16 lakhs? Hello 3 series / recent model CRV. 20 lakhs? Buy the Montero (you will LOVE it)!

North India, being the largest market for new cars, is also the largest for used cars. You will be spoilt for choice man.
Old 24th February 2011, 10:08   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Seeing how none of the 10 lakh sedans meet your needs, it's time for you to join the pre-worshipped club Take your pick for 7 - 10 lakhs:
I'm gonna wait till the beginning of June - if things don't start happening by then - as in new Fiesta sedan or shortened delivery time for Vento TDI or new Verna-with-great-handling (is that an oxymoron ), then I may very well be tempted.

Only reason I'm not going that route is - don't want to pick up a car that is out of warranty as I have two of those already & although they have no issues, I would prefer to breathe a little easier with the warranty backup!
Old 24th February 2011, 10:31   #177
BHPian

In which case, you might as well book the Vento paying 75K and hope it gets delivered by June or cancel (full refund) and buy the Fiesta if it debuts anytime earlier!

Quote:
I'm gonna wait till the beginning of June - if things don't start happening by then - as in new Fiesta sedan or shortened delivery time for Vento TDI or new Verna-with-great-handling (is that an oxymoron ), then I may very well be tempted.
Old 24th February 2011, 10:41   #178
BANNED

Quote:

Only reason I'm not going that route is - don't want to pick up a car that is out of warranty as I have two of those already & although they have no issues, I would prefer to breathe a little easier with the warranty backup!
The Dilemma is to replace your Sedan or your 3L Beast???

I am getting confused a bit.

Or is it replacement for both.

Why replace the Safari if it has "0" issues???????
Old 24th February 2011, 11:56   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The Dilemma is to replace your Sedan or your 3L Beast???

I am getting confused a bit.

Why replace the Safari if it has "0" issues???????
If you go through his ownership thread, a lot of parts were replaced for free due to extended warranty. Extended warranty is over now, and if we go by past experience, in the next 40-50000kms (easily achievable in 2 years by suman) the running cost will become very high.
Old 24th February 2011, 12:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
In which case, you might as well book the Vento paying 75K and hope it gets delivered by June or cancel (full refund) and buy the Fiesta if it debuts anytime earlier!
That was exactly my plan - then the damn Cruze TD happened & they told me how they were adding on some equipment to the LT

What I'm going to do is to have a crack at the Verna & then do exactly what you've suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Both. Tanveer has explained why the replacement is being contemplated.......
Closed Thread