Fiesta 1.6 SXI 14 8.19%
Fiesta 1.6 S 37 21.64%
Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29th March 2011, 11:43   #211
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Suman's Choices & Dilemma : The Final Countdown!

After reading up more on the fiesta, i am leaning more towards the fiesta too. It seems the handling and driver involvement is top notch. And would turn out to be the segment benchmark in terms of handling.

Used fortuner seems like a good idea. But is anyone selling? If so what kind of prices are we looking at here? Heard the fortuner resale value should be very strong.

Edit: saw the aria on the road yesterday. And boy does it have road presense too. Especially liked the front and those striking headlamps.quite a looker the aria too.

Last edited by mdsaab : 29th March 2011 at 11:45.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:47   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Used fortuner seems like a good idea. But is anyone selling? If so what kind of prices are we looking at here? Heard the fortuner resale value should be very strong.
Well, there was a 2010 one with 500 kms on the odo which was going for around 19 - had a UP registration so I wasn't interested. There was also a 2009 one with around 5k kms on the odo at around 18.5 (?) but I haven't really pursued it 'cos I'd prefer a post April 2010 model. Carwale seems to be having a few in the 18-19 lac category. Lets see - I'd prefer to buy new which is why I may eventually swing the Aria way......
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Edit: saw the aria on the road yesterday. And boy does it have road presense too. Especially liked the front and those striking headlamps.quite a looker the aria too.
Yup, I agree, those 17 inchers add to the road presence
Old 29th March 2011, 13:55   #213
Senior - BHPian

Suman sir,a thought struck my mind,from one of the other threads.
Since you are open to a used fortuner,how about looking around for a Used Santa Fe?,though only a few are around,who knows you may find one,and i doubt if it can hold its resale like a toyota.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 29th March 2011 at 14:17.
Old 29th March 2011, 15:45   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Since you are open to a used fortuner,how about looking around for a Used Santa Fe?,though only a few are around,who knows you may find one,and i doubt if it can hold its resale like a toyota.
Akshay, you're spot on, its going to be very difficult to find one

And, though the equipment levels are awesome, I think the Santa Fe doesn't have a 4x4 transfer case either?
Old 29th March 2011, 16:17   #215
Senior - BHPian

I completely agree with you Suman. Spending 20lac plus on a car is difficult. I too have seen a few good Fortuners at Bangalore for around 17-18 lac INR. The only thing that puts me back is spending that kind of money on a used vehicle.

Also, going by ACM's experience on the Aria so far, it looks like TML have managed to get it right this time, at least as far as reliability, quality and niggle free ownership is concerned.
Old 30th March 2011, 12:19   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The only thing that puts me back is spending that kind of money on a used vehicle.
You are spot on, that worries me as well. That's why, if at all, I'll go with one where the Company warranty is still available for a year or more. If I didn't like the experience, I could sell it after a year & still get decent money for it.

And then plonk it on the Aria (which would have been around for a while by then) or the Merlin (cosmetic changes in design so no niggles with electronics & with a few things like Climate Control etc from the Aria) or the W201 (if it has what I'm looking for). Does that make sense?

Last edited by suman : 30th March 2011 at 12:21.
Old 30th March 2011, 15:11   #217
Senior - BHPian

Yep. With a Fortuner you would not stand to lose too much in case you want to sell it after a year. I'm presuming there'll be good demand in the used car market.
Old 6th April 2011, 18:15   #218

Cedia it needs be, preferably the Sports edition.

Underrated by everyone except the enthusiast - the car is actually all simplified beauty. Lovely gearbox in the Mitsu lineage, Evo 9 descendent, amazing maneuverability, nice mid-range torque, a very powerful enginer toned down to 115 bhp for compliance.

Roomy to the core, bright and well lit, very low A-pillar obstruction on the driver's right, encouraging steering (Momo - what else!), nice set of alloys and I hope they're still giving touch-screen nav with GPS.

People (including me better half) crib about it's dated looks and use adjectives like "ordinary/boring" - which is a shame. Design of beauty and simplicity needs to be glorified, not discouraged.

Very easy to drive, and all understated fun. The stability and surity you feel will help you explore the machine itself in much greater depth and detail.

I personally even love the slightly cocky, smiling front grille.

Cheers and happy driving!
Old 6th April 2011, 22:24   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove the SX4 DDIS?

I drove if for few kms and even sat at the rear today. Its another DDIS engine in a bigger car which can seat 4 in comfort. I wont even ask my friend to sit at the middle seat of the rear bench!
Old 6th April 2011, 23:25   #220
Senior - BHPian

Sumanda, I have a suggestion:

Why don't you buy a Nano each for each member of the family who drives and buy a 20 Lac SUV for the remaining, new or used. Everybody will be happy as everyone will be mobile. What say ? :P
Old 22nd June 2011, 03:17   #221
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta review out. Doesn't look promising, does it? Now what? Vento or Cruze?
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:14   #222
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta's been more or less out of the window ever since we saw it at Select City Walk - my daughter didn't like the looks (can't say any of us were ga-ga ). I was hoping against hope that Rehaan would say that the diesel was a scorcher but looks like that ain't happening now!

The Cruze has been in the forefront for a while now, just waiting for the guy to give me a decent discount . Also aiming to take a TD of the X1 though that will kill any plans of both vehicles being replaced. Lets see.......
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:38   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The Fiesta's been more or less out of the window ever since we saw it at Select City Walk - my daughter didn't like the looks (can't say any of us were ga-ga ). I was hoping against hope that Rehaan would say that the diesel was a scorcher but looks like that ain't happening now!
What about the fluidic Verna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The Cruze has been in the forefront for a while now, just waiting for the guy to give me a decent discount . Also aiming to take a TD of the X1 though that will kill any plans of both vehicles being replaced. Lets see.......
Do you really want to go X1 considering that its a 2WD. After a 4WD you want to move back to 2WD and restrict your freedom? I think you can look at Santa Fe, heard its a scorcher or get the Toyota Fortuner if nothing appeals.
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:44   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
What about the fluidic Verna?
You've got to be kiddin' me Anirudha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Do you really want to go X1 considering that its a 2WD. After a 4WD you want to move back to 2WD and restrict your freedom? I think you can look at Santa Fe, heard its a scorcher or get the Toyota Fortuner if nothing appeals.
Only reason I'm thinking is because its a Bimmer that's all. I think my 4WD days are drawing to a close

On a serious note, I wish TML would launch the Merlin & get it over with - at least I could take a decision one way or other!
Old 28th June 2011, 16:45   #225
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Suman the Merlin Safari will be out and next there will be the W201 M&M to wait for, there is always something better out there next to come.

The X1 is more for looks that for anything else, the 3 series is better overall then. There is also the Q3 coming soon in the X1 range.
Closed Thread