Fiesta 1.6 SXI 14 8.19%
Fiesta 1.6 S 37 21.64%
Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2011, 21:37   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Suman's Choices & Dilemma : The Final Countdown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
...its a Bimmer that's all.
Funny dilemma, no, Suman? My cousin's got the same problem that you do - he can't find a car to fit his needs at this price. X1 doesn't have the space for the money, and though the CR-V is on his radar, it's petrol (at 25k km/year, he's thinking twice about that bit).
Old 28th June 2011, 21:42   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You've got to be kiddin' me Anirudha
It ain't that bad, even the front looks. Take a TD, and then look at it like you own it...the front will look better
Old 28th June 2011, 22:30   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You've got to be kiddin' me Anirudha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It ain't that bad, even the front looks. Take a TD, and then look at it like you own it...the front will look better
+1 to that.

There are cars that I distinctly hate because of their looks:
Swift Dzire
Verna Transform
Ritz
NHC
X6
Xylo
Estillo

And then there are cars that I am not sure how I feel. The beauty increases after a few days. like in :
Getaway
Fluidic Verna
New Fiesta
Aria

So the only way is to take a TD and decide!
Old 2nd July 2011, 21:55   #229
Team-BHP Support

From the Sales threads, which may interest you

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
That's because TML has rejigged the Aria product line and has introduced a
4x2 Aria starting from Rs10-11lakhs. Hence greater dealer offtakes reflect the improved ARIA figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Are you sure about the 4x2 Aria launch? I haven't come across any news article about the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
are you suggesting that these despatches include the 4x2 variant, and that it's to be launched in July?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
@ GTO
no. its not incorrect news. 4x2 ARIA's have been already been billed to TML dealers in June despatch. My source has billed 5 vehicles. He has a TML dealership. Launch will be in July.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:02   #230
BHPian

@suman,ANHC Exclusive manual-ICE is ok.Etios VX-with after market leather.

Both are great cars to drive.I found the Etios really pleasing to drive-with that nice sporty steering wheel and great ride and handling.It has all you want-leather you may add.
Old 3rd July 2011, 13:54   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Eddy, the Verna looks great from the rear & not too bad from the side & like an i10 from the front. But that's not the reason I asked Anirudha if he was kidding - what about the (still) horrible handling & the lousy rear bench & ride quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Funny dilemma, no, Suman? My cousin's got the same problem that you do - he can't find a car to fit his needs at this price. X1 doesn't have the space for the money, and though the CR-V is on his radar, it's petrol (at 25k km/year, he's thinking twice about that bit).
Tell me about it Doc! I finally gave myself a good, hard shake & am now dumping the X1 - more so after exchanging a few PMs with Abishek2222 who has recently picked up one. Extremely hard steering, poorer mileage than what BMW have been advertising, cannot take even medium potholes in its stride & has a poor rear bench. So that's out.
Quote:
From the Sales threads, which may interest you
Eddy, I'm not even remotely interested in a 4x2 Aria - where's the crossover in that case? And by the way, I think the 4x2s have started to arrive already. Saw a new Aria (with fresh ribbons etc) being driven home the other day & it didn't have the 4x4 badge anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@suman,ANHC Exclusive manual-ICE is ok.Etios VX-with after market leather.

Both are great cars to drive.I found the Etios really pleasing to drive-with that nice sporty steering wheel and great ride and handling.It has all you want-leather you may add.
No offense mate but I'm guessing you haven't driven the Fiesta 1.6? My basic requirement is a FTD sedan & the Etios doesn't come anywhere close. Neither does the ANHC though it is an excellent sedan in its own right - just doesn't tick all the boxes for me.

Besides, with what's happening with the Petrol prices, it has to be a Diesel vehicle - looks like the Cruze LTZ may win the contest, based on the overall combination of price & features.
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:05   #232
Team-BHP Support

Is the rear bench of Verna and Cruze that different ? Arre, do a TD at least. Although the waiting period will scare you away anyways
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:17   #233
Senior - BHPian

The Cruze has quite a wide & deep rear bench & is not very low down (which is an issue with the Verna from what I read in the TD report).

Also, the rear passengers do not get flung around the Cabin in the Cruze at high speeds over bad roads (which is apparently an issue with the Verna even if the roads are decent).

Nah, I don't think the Verna fits my bill

And the waiting period just makes it worse. One of the reasons for rejecting the Fortuner was the waiting period. I know that I may have taken six months to make up my mind but that's my prerogative, not the manufacturers
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:33   #234
BHPian

Quote:
No offense mate but I'm guessing you haven't driven the Fiesta 1.6?

looks like the Cruze LTZ may win the contest, based on the overall combination of price & features.
I have to admit that I have not driven fiesta 1.6.But Cruze LTZ with huge turbo lag and handling issues is ideal?

Quote:
The Cruze has quite a wide & deep rear bench & is not very low down
Regarding the Cruze's rear bench,how about leg room?

The main three problems people have pointed out aginst the Cruze are,
1. Turbo lag(less in auto)
2. Not so good handling
3.Not so good rear seat experience for the size

Apart from these they have commended about cheap and dark looking interiors too.Still you find it a value for money and FTD and better than many other cars?Please enlighten. Of course, I am just curious and would like to update my understanding.
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:49   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My basic requirement is a FTD sedan & the Etios doesn't come anywhere close. Neither does the ANHC though it is an excellent sedan in its own right - just doesn't tick all the boxes for me.

Besides, with what's happening with the Petrol prices, it has to be a Diesel vehicle - looks like the Cruze LTZ may win the contest, based on the overall combination of price & features.
I have not read through the complete thread, but maybe it will be a good idea to do a TD of the new Fiesta diesel.

Or on a higher budget, it maybe worth waiting for the new Jetta.
Old 3rd July 2011, 14:55   #236
Senior - BHPian

The Cruze suffers from Turbo Lag & poor rear legroom. Now, the poor legroom at the rear is partly caused by a deeper rear seat (more than the Fiesta's at least) so while its true that it has lesser legroom than cars in the same segment, its not a deal breaker.

As far as cheap & dark looking interiors are concerned, what can I say I found the current LTZ cockpit & all black interiors to be one of the best I've seen. Didn't find any handling issues at all - not that I was trying any Rally driving during my two TDs but to the extent that one would be doing on an occasional empty & curved stretch during a daily drive.

And as far as performance is concerned, you have to drive it to believe it - its a rocket once you get past the "lag", its the only push-back-in-the-seat kind of feeling that I've experienced other than with the Laura TSI.

Mind you - I'm not blind to the weaknesses of the Cruze. But point out one alternative in that segment, at that price, with the mind blowing acceleration & all the bells & whistles that the Cruze LTZ comes with - and I'd be happy to take a second look. Here's what I've TD in the past 4 to 6 months (most of it is on this thread, maybe part of it on Facebook) -
  • Vento TDI Highline
  • Cedia Sports
  • Toyota Etios
  • Toyota Fortuner
  • TATA Aria
  • Chevy Cruze
  • Laura TSI
And, as I keep saying, with Petrol prices skyrocketing, it has to be a Diesel. I was very hopeful about the New Fiesta Sedan but have somehow lost interest after reading the Official TD report.

Last edited by suman : 3rd July 2011 at 14:56.
Old 3rd July 2011, 15:43   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Did I miss ? Did you compare Verna and Cruze? Artofzen did a mistake of checking the Verna first and the test later

Cruze should haven given atleast the bluetooth option IMHO.
Old 3rd July 2011, 16:28   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Cruze should haven given atleast the bluetooth option IMHO.
I guess you're referring to call handling, if so I agree.

They now have Bluetooth Audio streaming only, on the LTZ
Old 4th July 2011, 00:40   #239
Senior - BHPian

Arrey yaar, tum abhi bhi gaadi dhoond rahe ho

This must have broken all time records for the longest on/off line search for a vehicle for an individual. Can the mods ratify this. So Suman car or no car, the search is not bekar you are a record holder now. Congratulations.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:16   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
So Suman car or no car, the search is not bekar you are a record holder now. Congratulations.
LOL, I do not possess that dubious disctinction yet ; a gentleman (and Moderator) by the handle of Vid6639 is the current record holder
Closed Thread