Fiesta 1.6 SXI 14 8.19%
Fiesta 1.6 S 37 21.64%
Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2009, 17:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

My choice would be Cedia followed by CIVIC.
I've test driven new CEDIA,it has all the nick & picks that were missing and
I'm completely sold out for CIVIC for its looks,though it scraps its belly.
Old 13th August 2009, 17:33   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I'm just waiting for the magical four year mark to pass before I say Goodbye to the Fiesta - after all, she's still doing very well.

Who knows, Ford may even bring in a new sedan by then......
Good timepass, Suman. The 4-year mark will come up 5 months later, and since you have started this thread now, there will be n number of posts on this thread advising you to buy all the possible cars that you could buy for your money! Knowing you, you'd be sitting back in your chair and laughing your head off at all the suggestions, then going out in Jan. '10 and buying exactly what YOU want!

You seem to have something up your sleeve about Ford's new sedan, that we don't know yet. Would you tell us, or do I need to call up a friend in Chennai to find out?
Old 13th August 2009, 17:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only thing we've decided is that it definitely needs to be a Petrol sedan & only a real stonker in the Diesel category may make us change our minds

The requirements are very simple actually -
  • Fun to Drive, an out & out driver's car
  • Good Ride comfort (rear seats)
The first factor itself left us scratching our heads because we couldn't see too many options. Which is why the first two options figure on our list! And the Cedia Sports seemed to be a logical upgrade.
Voted for Cedia. Its a good car to drive and that seems to be your priority number one. About the rear seats, they are slightly low, but ride quality is good. Cedia also offers more space than Fiesta. Its one of the underrated cars, but a good driver's car.

About any other car I think Optra magnum is good. Its got the same motor as Captiva. This car is a very good performer and a good tourer too.
Old 13th August 2009, 19:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree - it appears to be real VFM & I've never bought my cars (call me stupid) with resale value in mind. Would have lost out heavily on the "fun" side if I had!!!
I like people who listen to their hearts, choose the fun side and remian stupid in normal person's eye..atleast we are happy
Old 13th August 2009, 19:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Cedia sports it is. Voted for same. Good luck in your new search
Old 14th August 2009, 10:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm, thanks for all the inputs guys, these will definitely help make up my mind. Please keep 'em coming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I would suggest only 1 car - Toyota Corrolla Altis !! I drove the new one last night and was completely blown away by it's driving manners, interiors, looks, steering - everything. It's a complete package.
Varun, I agree the Altis is one heck of a car but I don't think I'd want to stretch that far. Its that "only a lac more" that empties out the pocket eventually .To be honest, even the Cedia is a stretch. Somewhere over the next couple of years The Beast (as in the Safari) will also be due for replacement so I don't want to stretch the sedan into the 12 lac territory as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
I'm completely sold out for CIVIC for its looks,though it scraps its belly.
Nope, the Civic is not on my radar - if I stretched into that category, I would probably end up buying the Altis....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Knowing you, you'd be sitting back in your chair and laughing your head off at all the suggestions, then going out in Jan. '10 and buying exactly what YOU want!
You need to take up astrology - maybe you're not too far off with your prediction. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You seem to have something up your sleeve about Ford's new sedan, that we don't know yet. Would you tell us, or do I need to call up a friend in Chennai to find out?
Nah, I have nothing up my sleeve. I did see a thread on this forum talking about the new Fiesta or something? I hope they bring a new product along. Check with your friend & let me know if you hear anything interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
About any other car I think Optra magnum is good. Its got the same motor as Captiva. This car is a very good performer and a good tourer too.
Yes, the Magnum is a stonker but I've heard its not the best handler - certainly not in the class of the Fiesta or the Cedia. So......no Magnum
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I like people who listen to their hearts, choose the fun side and remian stupid in normal person's eye..atleast we are happy
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Cedia sports it is. Voted for same. Good luck in your new search
Thanks Mahesh, will need all the luck before I take the plunge. It worries me that I may have to place myself in the hands of Hindusthan Motors all over again - I thought I was well rid of them a few decades ago!!!!

Last edited by suman : 14th August 2009 at 10:32.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:55   #37
Senior - BHPian

Suman, if cost above 10 lacs is a no-no to you, then nothing comes close to the Fiesta 1.6 S. However, if your family often travels in it, then be aware that there are no headrests or armrest at the rear. Even the F.E. may be marginally lower than the sxi on account of larger rims and wider tyres.
Ultimately you gotta choose between the S and the sxi, or alterately go for the zxi and plonk some money in it for alloys, tyres and leather upholstery, like shajufx.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:57   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Varun, I agree the Altis is one heck of a car but I don't think I'd want to stretch that far. Its that "only a lac more" that empties out the pocket eventually .To be honest, even the Cedia is a stretch. Somewhere over the next couple of years The Beast (as in the Safari) will also be due for replacement so I don't want to stretch the sedan into the 12 lac territory as well.
How about a a pre-owned Cedia? I read someone near your location picked up a 1.5 yr old prinstine example for 5L (50% depreciation).
Old 14th August 2009, 23:29   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Suman Sir! Cedia this time. You had your fun with the 1.6. Time to burn some rubber with 1.8. And since, it'll be a Cedia, you'll do some cool mods too right? :P
Old 20th August 2009, 15:46   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharti22shresth View Post
Suman Sir! Cedia this time. You had your fun with the 1.6. Time to burn some rubber with 1.8. And since, it'll be a Cedia, you'll do some cool mods too right? :P
@shresth: Cedia is 2.0 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
How about a a pre-owned Cedia? I read someone near your location picked up a 1.5 yr old prinstine example for 5L (50% depreciation).
@Airwind: I think it was gaurav in Delhi. The car is indeed in xlent condition in the pics.

I too am looking for a used Cedia Sports, which has been the object of my affections for some time now. Trouble is its hard to find good examples which have been taken care off...
Old 20th August 2009, 19:54   #41
BHPian

Suman,

Among your choices, I suggesst CEDIA Sports straightaway. Let me reason why.

1) An upgrade over your present FIESTA.

2) Better as a family car as well as for some spirited driving.

3) Much better ride comfort compared to Fiesta (haven't driven Fiesta 1.6S)

4) Brand image in India may be more or less same, but do remember Japanese make better cars.

Hope you have a good service centre for Mitsubishi in your city.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

The twin goes out next year? Wow! I am having so much fun with ours that I am sitting here thinking of getting new rims and tyres and here you are thinking of a replacement?

Well, since I am a big dreamer, let me be frank.
The only 2 options that are there in that price bracket are actually the Cedia and fiesta.
While many say you should change from the fiesta, to be very frank, no other car, including the Cedia has pulled at my heart as much as the fiesta, specially the 1.6S.
However, if you really do want to change, then get the Cedia. It definitely meets your requirements, but for me, it still doesn't come close to the 1.6S.
Heres a suggestion though, how about picking up the Civic? Honda should have some discounts given that the new one is on its way in and sales aren't that great.

You know whats funny? Most of the people who have voted for the fiesta, are active fiesta owners. Guess this says something about the way its captured our hearts.

Last edited by lamborghini : 20th August 2009 at 23:05.
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:48   #43
BHPian

Hows the Mitsubishi A.S.S compared to fiat and ford ?
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Indifferent is the word I'd use. They are still in the Ambassador mindset.
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:18   #45
Senior - BHPian

They are pretty ok here in bangalore. There are one or two problematic cases though but they follow up properly if something goes wrong.
Closed Thread