Cedia Sports 96 56.14%
Any others (please name) 24 14.04%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16th September 2009, 11:45   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911varun View Post
I would second that and would recommend you the magnum diesel as it would be heavily discounted right now because of the Cruze. On petrol, I have another option in my mind, how about the Octavia 1.8 turbo, its 150 bhp, retails around 10lac, handling is good, has alloys, disc at rear and decent interiors and if you don't mind going for servicing after every 15,000 km. Would not suggest you the Verna, as I am not convinced with the engine life of Hyundai diesels.
Varun, I couldn't figure out what you were seconding . As for the other cars you have mentioned, they've been covered already in the earlier part of this thread. At the moment, it looks like the Cedia has pretty much blown everything away, except the Fiesta which I may not be buying again. Thanks for your suggestions though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well in 32k of driving so far, all I've had changed are tyres, brake pads, air filter and wiper blades. Everything else is in perfect click.
ROC, thanks for that detailed analysis, I think I now have pretty much all the data I need; unless there's a new launch in the next 6 to 8 months that steals the thunder, it looks like I'm headed the Cedia Sports way

However, keep the perspectives coming folks, always good to have the Devil's Advocates around!
Old 16th September 2009, 12:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I saw a show on TV a couple of days ago where they evaluated the Cedia Sports---they said it can smoke a Civic in straight line acceleration.
Just wanted to share this info.
It was the auto show on Times now and guy mentioned that the car has 16 less HP than the civic or the altis. However due to much better torque than civic or the altis, Cedia can smoke either of the two cars on a straight line drag. He added that its VFM at 9.9lac ex showrom and if you are looking for exclusivity this is the one for you.

Link:

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 16th September 2009 at 13:03.
Old 17th September 2009, 10:26   #93
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the link Gaurav. Guys, what do you think about this -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1486445 (Fiat Launching Linea 1.6 Soon!)

The Linea with the 1.6MJD - worth a second look?
Old 17th September 2009, 10:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1486445 (Fiat Launching Linea 1.6 Soon!)

Definitely it is... Even I am considering the same as an option.
Old 17th September 2009, 12:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Its worth a look only if you plan to save some money on fuel, the car definitely looks beautiful from outside, and as per reviews handling is also good. The 1.3 is underpowered but 1.6 should make it up for the enthusiasts like us and if the price fits in right, it should be VFM. I haven’t driven the car so can’t really comment on how it drives.

However, I personally feel Cedia's interiors are much better than Linea (no offence to linea owners or lovers, I’m not initiating any Fiat v/s other OEM war here). I am sure Cedia will perform better than linea, whether its a drag, handling, Gear shift, driving pleasure or relaibility. Re-sale of cedia is bad and we still got to see the case for Linea (I know you’re not concerned about the resale Suman). TATA-Fiat service station and network is far better than HM-Mitsubishi. However, the HM-Mitsui dealers in Delhi NRC are good, so there should not be any problem with the after sales of Mitsui).

Finally both the cars do come with a lot of features including all essential safety. According to me the only thing in favour of Linea is a better brand value and its basically new model. Cedia on the other hand is an old model now that was launched internationally in 2003 and in India in 2006. However, at 10.5 lacs on Road in Delhi, I still maintain it’s the best new car one can buy for that price, sheer driving pleasure, sheer VFM).

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 17th September 2009 at 12:45.
Old 17th September 2009, 15:33   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
I am sure Cedia will perform better than linea, whether its a drag, handling, Gear shift, driving pleasure or relaibility.
Quote:
According to me the only thing in favour of Linea is a better brand value and its basically new model. Cedia on the other hand is an old model now that was launched internationally in 2003 and in India in 2006.
Quote:
However, at 10.5 lacs on Road in Delhi, I still maintain itís the best new car one can buy for that price, sheer driving pleasure, sheer VFM).
You know, I agree with you 100% on all of above. I will definitely TD the 1.6MJD as & when it makes an appearance but.......lets see
Old 17th September 2009, 20:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

You'd definitely want to check the linea out if it comes with a better motor. The current options are sad.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:17   #98
BHPian

Hey, How about the Corolla 1.8 G. It costs about 10.9 Exshowroom in Bangalore, but it very roomy, great GC, fully loaded (except for Leather ofcourse). Rear seats are very comfy too. It has decent power and nice looks as well.

The ANHC is worth a look too, although I'm not too sure of the GC. I'm TDing it tomorrow and will let you know how it goes.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:43   #99
BHPian

Every one votes for Cedia but no one buys it?
Old 18th September 2009, 16:32   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicvj View Post
Every one votes for Cedia but no one buys it?
Team-BHP is a community of auto-enthusiasts which is a small sub-set of auto-buyers in India. It is quite likely that at Team-BHP we will hear more about cars that are great to drive, Cedia being one of them. But unfortunately, Cedia is priced such that many of its admirers (generally younger people) can't afford it while people who can afford the price generally consider other factors (like back-seat comfort, resale value, executive look & feel, road presence etc.) and hence tilt towards Toyota/Skoda/Honda etc. Mind it, above 10 lacs, it is the human need for prestige/image that drives the purchase decision more often than the driving enthusiasm or utility.

So, Cedia is very successful in grabbing the mind-share of true auto-lovers, but it has to work hard to translate that into wallet-share.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:15   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
Team-BHP is a community of auto-enthusiasts which is a small sub-set of auto-buyers in India. It is quite likely that at Team-BHP we will hear more about cars that are great to drive, Cedia being one of them. But unfortunately, Cedia is priced such that many of its admirers (generally younger people) can't afford it while people who can afford the price generally consider other factors (like back-seat comfort, resale value, executive look & feel, road presence etc.) and hence tilt towards Toyota/Skoda/Honda etc. Mind it, above 10 lacs, it is the human need for prestige/image that drives the purchase decision more often than the driving enthusiasm or utility.

So, Cedia is very successful in grabbing the mind-share of true auto-lovers, but it has to work hard to translate that into wallet-share.
Yup and there are a few of us (in real minority) who enjoy it daily
Old 14th October 2009, 14:26   #102
BHPian

Chevy Cruze. Just out. Go for it and let us know your views !!!
Old 14th October 2009, 15:14   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Re-sale of cedia is bad
I've always wondered about this. The general opinion is it's bad. But how bad?

Lets take a realistic example of a person keeping the car for at least 3 years.

If one looks at Carwale listings, 2006 Cedia Sports are being quoted between 5 to 6L. Considering OTR of about 10L for a 2006 Cedia Sports (post discounts), an owner would have lost net Rs. 4-5L max.

Now compare with a 2006 Civic. Supposedly among the max resale value cars.
A 2006 top end version would have cost 12.5 OTR minimum (no/negligible discounts). These cars are being quoted at 7 to 8L. So an owner here too, loses around Rs. 4-5L.

And in case we consider 90% loan for both cars, one would have paid more interest on the Civic.

# Yes, the Civic would probably have more ready buyers than the Cedia after 3 years.
# Also if one plans to sell within 2 yrs, the net loss might be more for a Cedia.

However for a >3yr ownership period, the net monetary loss on resale does not seem to be significant enough to be a purchase decision criteria.

Note: For reference
Current OTR for Cedia Sports in Cal is around 10.2 with discounts.
Current OTR for Civic VMT in Cal is around 13.5 - no discounts.

I wonder if resale value between 3-5 years will have a 3.xx L differential.

Last edited by shuvc : 14th October 2009 at 15:18.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:20   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Chevy Cruze. Just out. Go for it and let us know your views !!!
Hmmm......poor legroom at the back & annoying Turbo lag which would make it a pain to drive in bumper to bumper traffic (as per Tanveer's review).

Also, the top end variant is 12.45 lacs ex-showroom, that's 2.5 lacs more than the fully loaded Cedia.....even the base model is a lac more. Now, if they launched a fully loaded Petrol version at around 10 lacs, maybe that could be TD-ed, what say

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I've always wondered about this. The general opinion is it's bad. But how bad?

I wonder if resale value between 3-5 years will have a 3.xx L differential.
Excellent analysis & I agree but you know how it is by way of perceptions........

Last edited by suman : 14th October 2009 at 15:21.
Old 14th October 2009, 15:40   #105
Senior - BHPian

Btw, this is the OE HU with the current Cedia.

Kenwood - DDX5032

24bit DAC.
2 pre-out channels. Front and rear/sub.
Input for aftermarket rear view cam.
Comes with Aux leads in the glove compartment. I recall seeing 3. Not sure if iPod was one of them.

Seems to cost 20K+

Ryda Car Audio - Kenwood Car Audio DDX5032 Car DVD Monitor($774.95)

EDIT:
Quote:
Correction - Civic VMT = 13.75 OTR !! So a diff of 3.5 L. That's almost a segment difference for similarly specc'ed versions.

Last edited by shuvc : 14th October 2009 at 15:52.
Closed Thread