Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 13th August 2009, 02:00   #1
ABZ
BHPian

Default Need Help - Ford Fiesta 1.6 S

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here. After a lot of deliberations, reading Team-BHP reviews and test drives, I've decided to go ahead and book the Fiesta 1.6S. I have a couple of queries that I think friends here can help me with.

1. Here in Pune, there are 2 Ford dealers - Planet Ford and Talera. I have seen posts of people preferring Planet Ford to Talera. Any specific reason for the same?

2. The price quoted is around 7.48 Lacs (on road) with the corporate discount. What additional accessories can I negotiate for (window tints / parking sensors / teflon coating etc)?

All help appreciated.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:48   #2
BHPian

hey, any reason you decided the Fiesta 1.6S, over the 1.6SXi / ZXi. i am currently in a dilema. i love the exteriors of the 1.6S (the alloys, spoilers, etc.), but i found the interiors bit dull. SXi / ZXi have rich beige interiors. For me, the ideal scenario is to have the exteriors of 1.6S, with the interiors of Sxi - alas, thats not to happen.

So still rattling my brains.

Regarding accessories, check out the site of Ford india - it lists some accessories available from Ford. Air deflectors (outside the windows) could be nice.
Old 13th August 2009, 13:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Isn't the absence of beige a good thing? It is, in my book.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:19   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Isn't the absence of beige a good thing? It is, in my book.
Nope, beige is the new age rich look. So everyone is clamouring for it.

ABZ, Congrats on the Fiesta. Which Color? Blue?

Btw, you can negotiate further, just dont show your desperation and pit two dealers against each other to get a better deal. Be patient if you want further discounts on this car.

Best trick is to leave them hanging without a decision---especially when the salesguy is super keen and see the amount reducing
Old 13th August 2009, 15:30   #5
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hey, any reason you decided the Fiesta 1.6S, over the 1.6SXi / ZXi. i am currently in a dilema. i love the exteriors of the 1.6S (the alloys, spoilers, etc.), but i found the interiors bit dull. SXi / ZXi have rich beige interiors. For me, the ideal scenario is to have the exteriors of 1.6S, with the interiors of Sxi - alas, thats not to happen.

So still rattling my brains.

Regarding accessories, check out the site of Ford india - it lists some accessories available from Ford. Air deflectors (outside the windows) could be nice.
Hi Ashish,

Our primary requirements included airbags and so ZXI was not an option. SXI initially (early July) won our vote with the leather-like seats and the mahogany-like console but the maintenance of the beige interiors was always in the back of our mind. For us, the killer blow was dealt on the SXI when Ford replaced it with the SXI - Premium (with the additional chrome accessories). I particularly do not like the new chromed ORVMs; but that is me. The dealer says he will not be able to replace it with the body colored ORVMs.

The dark interiors of the S don't look so bad really and I think that the little aluminium in the interior are better highlighted.

Finally beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

BTW, the new SXI Premium does have 14 inch alloys.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:03   #6
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nope, beige is the new age rich look. So everyone is clamouring for it.

ABZ, Congrats on the Fiesta. Which Color? Blue?

Btw, you can negotiate further, just dont show your desperation and pit two dealers against each other to get a better deal. Be patient if you want further discounts on this car.

Best trick is to leave them hanging without a decision---especially when the salesguy is super keen and see the amount reducing
Thanks mobike008.

For some reason, beige interiors and chrome exteriors seem to define luxury these days. I'm not very convinced though.

We are thinking of either Black or the White. Actually, the dealer had said he has a Silver one in his stock yard. Planning to see it today or tomorrow.
Old 13th August 2009, 22:21   #7

Hi ABZ ,

Congrats on your finalization , there were couple of posts which i had read (Fiesta's) about the sub films being negotiated from the dealers , check the Search option.i am imagining your choices (black/white) with the S Option this would be a killer vehicle in looks department.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:31   #8
BHPian

Hi ABZ,

Congrats the selection !! I think you can negotiate for atleast another 10K for sure. Or else get them to do the window tints with some discount.
Do not gor for teflon coating with them as they say its teflon which finally ends up more like Wax polish.. The reason is, they go for is cheap Rs. 500 cost rather than the real teflon.
I am sure there are some external people who can come and do it at ur house for 2k. You will be happy after the real teflon. Ask them for a demo before getting it done so that you can see the real difference in teflon

The 1.6 S is good that than the SXI in terms of interiors (subjective) and its got better handling due to the new rear shock absorbers. The only thing thats missin is the Rear head rests which might be a pain in longer drives

FYI !! I have 1.6S Aquarius blue that I bought in April

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...us-blue-3.html (Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue)

Last edited by nityanand.s.s : 13th August 2009 at 23:32.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Woah another Fiesta!! Congrats!! Go for White S. After seeing pics of Frankmehta's White Fiesta S ,I would say white .Do update us when you get the delivered. Cheers!
Old 14th August 2009, 12:27   #10
ABZ
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityanand.s.s View Post
Hi ABZ,

Congrats the selection !! I think you can negotiate for atleast another 10K for sure. Or else get them to do the window tints with some discount.
Do not gor for teflon coating with them as they say its teflon which finally ends up more like Wax polish.. The reason is, they go for is cheap Rs. 500 cost rather than the real teflon.
I am sure there are some external people who can come and do it at ur house for 2k. You will be happy after the real teflon. Ask them for a demo before getting it done so that you can see the real difference in teflon

The 1.6 S is good that than the SXI in terms of interiors (subjective) and its got better handling due to the new rear shock absorbers. The only thing thats missin is the Rear head rests which might be a pain in longer drives

FYI !! I have 1.6S Aquarius blue that I bought in April

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...us-blue-3.html (Go Fida ... My new Ford Fiesta 1.6S ..Aquarius Blue)
Hi Nityanand,

Point taken sir. Will not bring up the teflon coating part but would try to negotiate on the window tints.

Ford probably has some tie up with Huper Optik. I did see a demo of that film at the dealer's and was pretty impressed with the heat resistance provided by the clear film (Klar-70) for the windsheild. He said it would cost around 15K for the complete car. Around 8K for the Klar-70 on the front and 7K for some other tint (also Huper Optik) offering 50% visibility on the sides and back.

Does anyone else have Huper Optik on their car?
Old 16th August 2009, 18:47   #11
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6S is a very good choice. It looks awesome in Blue..
IMO, both the dealers Planet Ford and Talera are good, just find out who of the two gives a better deal (overall package inclusive of the accessories) and go ahead. If you are staying somewhere in kothrud or paud road area, then i think the Planet Ford paud road showroom will be convenient for you to take the delivery
Old 17th August 2009, 00:31   #12
ABZ
BHPian

Thanks Dhaval. Talera is very close to my place but I've seen that the OTR offered by Planet Ford is around Rs.3000 to 5000 lower. Shall start negotiations with both this week. Let's see where it leads to.
Old 18th August 2009, 03:18   #13
BHPian

hey man - ford fiesta is a complete drivers car IMHO. We owned the ikon 1.6 before and except for the mileage & a lil heavy on the pocket maintenance everything was a delight for the car at that time.

I TD a fiesta twice some 2-3 months back - once the 1.6S(from Talera) and once a 1.6 SX (from Planet Ford). Only problem is the Talera guy showed up in a customers car (which he sheepishly admitted) - that completely pissed me off (bugger told me that they had asked for permission for the same from the customer) while the PF guy was a nitwit I felt.

Told me that both are same 1.6S and SXI except for the beige and black interiors and alloy wheels. Plus very low discounts that meant OTR price was close to 7.60 - totally off the mark.

I have seen the fiesta s go for as low as 7.40 buit they are not willing to agree and the friend sold his car while he shifted abroad
Old 18th August 2009, 12:48   #14
ABZ
BHPian

Hi Suprateep,
I guess Talera only has the S as a demo petrol car and even though it doesn't have the usual 'Demo Car' on the body, I've always seen the same Aquarius Blue car being used (at least for the last month and half). Planet Ford has the SXI as their demo car which kind of makes more sense to me since the ZXI and the EXI have similar suspension settings.
In my case, the person from Planet Ford seems to be very knowlegable, however the Talera guy is the one who is doing the most follow-up.
Did you say that your freind got it for 7.40L? If so, do you know what additional accessories he could negatiate for?
Old 19th August 2009, 11:59   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABZ View Post
Hi Suprateep,
I guess Talera only has the S as a demo petrol car and even though it doesn't have the usual 'Demo Car' on the body, I've always seen the same Aquarius Blue car being used (at least for the last month and half). Planet Ford has the SXI as their demo car which kind of makes more sense to me since the ZXI and the EXI have similar suspension settings.
In my case, the person from Planet Ford seems to be very knowlegable, however the Talera guy is the one who is doing the most follow-up.
Did you say that your freind got it for 7.40L? If so, do you know what additional accessories he could negatiate for?
They could have just said that its a demo car - its unfortunate that the guy following up from Talera had to resort to the excuse that it was a customers car.

Anyway what i remember is that he got some teflon coating done and under body rust treatment. Since it was fully loaded almost he just got the prices down.
Closed Thread