Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 25th August 2009, 10:09   #31
BHPian

There is a Mondeo on sale with a dealer, the dealership is located at the Coporation Circle.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 12:29   #32
TCX
BHPian

Sorry everyone, been so busy running around looking for cars. I am honestly tired of this. Shyucks.

@Novice

Thanks, that gives me a very fair idea. I completely agree, it is an incredible car. I was prepared for the expenses. But the harder part is finding a decent car. BUt I must say, that's one car however big; is astonishingly good around the bends considering it being a family saloon. Simply great.

@MC

I have to say, this is no fun job looking around, this.

@SB

Thanks, but the whole hassle of re-registration is something I would rather stay away from.

@All

Well, I’m giving things much thought in the light that I just can’t find a decent car. I’ll keep everyone posted on the update.

Thanks a tonne.
TCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 14:21   #33
BHPian

I would suggest to stay from the Pre-facelift Mondeos. You would endup changing almost all the parts I mentioned in my previous post if you buy one from that era. It is not because they have less reliability, it just that an older car would have covered more KMS and hence need more maintenance.

But it is difficult to find a face-lift model launched in mid-2005(I am not sure about the year) in the used car market. Ford managed to sell only very few when they re-launched it since Mondeos have already gained their dubious reputation by then. Most of the Mondeos found in the used car market are 2002 models.

I wish you all the best.
novice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2009, 14:25   #34
BHPian

Think FORD named the face lift as Mondeo GHIA in '04
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 06:36   #35
TCX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I would suggest to stay from the Pre-facelift Mondeos. You would endup changing almost all the parts I mentioned in my previous post if you buy one from that era. It is not because they have less reliability, it just that an older car would have covered more KMS and hence need more maintenance.

But it is difficult to find a face-lift model launched in mid-2005(I am not sure about the year) in the used car market. Ford managed to sell only very few when they re-launched it since Mondeos have already gained their dubious reputation by then. Most of the Mondeos found in the used car market are 2002 models.

I wish you all the best.
Exactly was my concern. Thanks a tonne again. I'll keep you informed.

@Airwind- I saw a 2004 Ghia. So I doubt the facelifts were Ghias as the facelift came only 2005. But I think the Ghia tag is more a trim level in the UK.
TCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 11:30   #36
BHPian

@TCX: eagerly awaiting updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCX View Post
Exactly was my concern. Thanks a tonne again. I'll keep you informed.

@Airwind- I saw a 2004 Ghia. So I doubt the facelifts were Ghias as the facelift came only 2005. But I think the Ghia tag is more a trim level in the UK.
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote