Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 21st October 2009, 16:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
The 1.9 TDI available in the Jetta may have 105 bhp ( has 105 bhp in fact) but you have to look at the torque also in a CI engine, and that is where it is very impressive- 250 Nm. Also I found Jetta suited me better ( low profile & understated as compared to the slightly 'louder' Skoda).

Further, you will have upgrades almost every year, but that does not necessarily mean that one should wait endlessly for the 'right' engine. I waited for nearly two years for the new Skoda RS, but it didn't take me very long to choose a diesel Jetta over both the petrol and diesel versions of the Laura.
Just so that you are aware. The 1.9 PD engines in the Laura and Jetta are identical both in BHP and torque terms.

But the Laura also has a 168 bhp petrol and a 140 bhp diesel with 320 nm torque, so I guess Skoda has been upgrading the technology faster than Jetta. On a different note even the 140 bhp diesel though the newer of the two is still an old engine compared to what both Jetta and Octavia II (Laura) have available internationally.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote