Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th October 2009, 15:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Why all the headache man , go shout at them about the odo reading and demand the price to be dropped to 50 K less ,which they will not agree , now shout at them ...refund entire amount now . Take the amount and be happy and search elsewhere .If they can change the odo back , they could also have changed many other things .

PS: buying a second hand car is headache ,have patience ...you will get a good one.

Last edited by black12rr : 27th October 2009 at 15:03.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 15:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I am surprised you are still looking at buying from Honda Auto Terrace, after they have already cheated you. And to top it get them reduce the amount by telling them "Look bud you tried to cheat me, now i will give you less money". Hilarious.

If I was you i could have stood in their showroom and made as much noise as possible and alerted everyone else around. And send mails right left and center to Honda all over.

AFAIK this is a part of HONDA-SIEL too. This is fraud and of the highest order.

Honda is supposed to be customer friendly try and take this to the higher ups.

Honda getting down to such cheap antics is deplorable.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
well hell_raiser, if you have any doubts, please stay away from the car. Do get fully (mentally) satisfied before buying.

I suggest you have a look at carwale(dot)com for used honda cars. I am sure you would find a better car.
Yes I looked at the price at carwale. I am giving them premium and a pretty hefty one. But then this is one of the much better cars available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Why all the headache man , go shout at them about the odo reading and demand the price to be dropped to 50 K less ,which they will not agree , now shout at them ...refund entire amount now . Take the amount and be happy and search elsewhere .If they can change the odo back , they could also have changed many other things .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I am surprised you are still looking at buying from Honda Auto Terrace, after they have already cheated you. And to top it get them reduce the amount by telling them "Look bud you tried to cheat me, now i will give you less money". Hilarious.

If I was you i could have stood in their showroom and made as much noise as possible and alerted everyone else around. And send mails right left and center to Honda all over.

AFAIK this is a part of HONDA-SIEL too. This is fraud and of the highest order.

Honda is supposed to be customer friendly try and take this to the higher ups.

Honda getting down to such cheap antics is deplorable.
I agree with what both of you say and even called up the Honda customer care to start the proceedings. However i looked at the documents that I have. I do not have in writing how many kms the car had travelled and that they do not have the service record. If I dont have anything in writing I am definitly not going to have any bite. There are so many things the Auto Terrace people can do.
1. Increase the odo to say 90000 to correspond to the service records.
2. Delete the service records.(dont know if possible)

Also this is a lowly second hand purchase. After looking at how Honda Accord owners and all are treated I doubt I will get any justice in time. The price is not an issue budget wise but more from a Getting-Duped-From-Honda perspective. Note that even though I might not need the car immediately I still feel that a VTEC of this quality will not be easy to come by soon and without much effort. After all how many half days can a service person take.

I will take a stance if I can get them to give me something in writing until then its pretty much useless. Or is there any course of action I am not considering. Any advice will be usefull.
hell_raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 15:47   #19
BHPian

Show them the previous service history and try to reduce the price. As there are many parts which are ready to pack up and need to be replaced.Some of the components are timing belt,other belts.Ac compressor becomes noisy and time for suspension overhaul may also be near.As if the car had done near 88k in jan.its the average of around 12k km per year and now it should have originally cloaked around 94k so better keep in mind the 100k service while negotiating or you can ask them to do it for you if they agree for so..
honda3938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 16:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

hell, i guess almost all the used car dealers are cheats!

I suggest you to get it checked thoroughly before making the final call.
Check for suspension, am sure it would have gone weak. this will cost about 25k if you get it done in Honda.

Also the engine belts and bearings this is a must if the car has crossed 80K, this should cost close to 10K.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 17:24   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda3938 View Post
Show them the previous service history and try to reduce the price. As there are many parts which are ready to pack up and need to be replaced.Some of the components are timing belt,other belts.Ac compressor becomes noisy and time for suspension overhaul may also be near.As if the car had done near 88k in jan.its the average of around 12k km per year and now it should have originally cloaked around 94k so better keep in mind the 100k service while negotiating or you can ask them to do it for you if they agree for so..
Good points. Need to make sure that I have something in writing if I have any chance of negotiating down the price. Yeah another thing that can be done is that for the next 15000 kms they should bear the cost. Again need to have this in writing for it to be worth anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
hell, i guess almost all the used car dealers are cheats!

I suggest you to get it checked thoroughly before making the final call.
Check for suspension, am sure it would have gone weak. this will cost about 25k if you get it done in Honda.

Also the engine belts and bearings this is a must if the car has crossed 80K, this should cost close to 10K.
Thanks for the quotes. I was aming for a 20-30k reduction atleast. On my test drive and checking the components I did not find anything to be worried about immediately but as you said it might be an issue in the coming months.
hell_raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 18:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK auto terrace gives 6 months warranty on used cars,isnt it?
check with them make sure they agree to replace anything that goes bad within that period.
akshay4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 20:02   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
AFAIK auto terrace gives 6 months warranty on used cars,isnt it?
check with them make sure they agree to replace anything that goes bad within that period.
I think the warranty is only on vehicles less than five years and have done less than certain kilometers
honda3938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 22:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Dude,check it proprely with a mechanic and then take a decision. Also take a few snaps of the car including Odo's. Also take a printout of service record. Scan it both and mail it to Honda. I am sure they will act up on that.
Unknownsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 12:18   #25
BHPian

Buddy,

I would suggest that if you do not need the vehicle immediately then stay away from that vehicle because at the back of your mind the doubt will always be there for the car.

Grab a copy of TOI on fridays and sundays to check the classifieds and keep an eye on Carwale.com. You will surely find a better car.

Naman

PS - I was in the same dilema at the start of this year. Saw a lot of VTECs for two months, kept rejecting them then third month found a mint condition (genuine 54k run) vehicle. Couldn't close the deal as the price asked was a little too much and was getting married also that month so budget couldn't be raised
naman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 23:18   #26
BHPian

One of my friends had finalized an OHC , 2002 , 65k on the odo (with record) , black , VTEC , with CNG kit , fully insured , non accidental , periodically maintained , last year july for about 2.25L , by carwale ofcourse .

IMO it is worth the pain when you save so much , try contacting only the "individual" sellers , I am sure you can negotiate better and get way better prices .

at least you wont have that ever-prevailing doubt in your mind about the car.
singh.amrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2009, 19:03   #27
Senior - BHPian

I am appalled by Honda's management.

Buddy, I agree with the sentiment that has come so far. Do not get stuck with the car, there are others that you will find. Similar if not better. If they have lied once they are not trust worthy. Bring this to the notice of higher management and do not buy the car.

There are several ways to smoothen out engines and I agree that you should take experienced mechanic to get the car checked.

The initial amount will not be a major issue the dealership will be more interested to let it go rather than their reputed customer shouting at the management in the lobby where other prospects are waiting to be cheated.

Get your money back. Just dont waste time at that dealership.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2010, 11:20   #28
BHPian

What happened? Did you buy the car or what? Or did you get the money back?
Delta Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2017, 14:01   #29
BHPian

Default Re: OHC VTEC - Buying from Auto Terrace

@Hell Raiser
I was going through this thread of yours.
I was curious if you ended up buying the Vtec or not, did you negotiate on the pretext of duping.
If you bought it, then do you still have it and how was your experience
uniq62 is offline   Reply With Quote