Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 17th November 2009, 02:26   #46
BHPian

Congrats Kartho!. It's good to know that you properly evaluated all the choices you had before settling for Cedia.

Just want to know whether the Cedia spirit model is totally stopped by Mitsubushi or is it availiable on order?

Eagerly looking forward to your initial ownership report with detailed pics!
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 11:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
Just want to know whether the Cedia spirit model is totally stopped by Mitsubushi or is it availiable on order?
Pls refer post #38.
Congrats Kartho - I can see a "Happy Dent White" on your face, eagerly awaiting the pics and your ownership feedback.
The difficulty with the reverse gear could be the new car effect and would smoothen out by use. Try moving the car fwd a little in 1st gear before engaging the reverse, ensure the vehicle comes to a complete halt before shifting the grears.

Last edited by AirWind : 17th November 2009 at 11:29. Reason: Typo
AirWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 11:47   #48
BHPian

Many thanks for all your congratulations, I do feel happy every time i hear it

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
Karthik,
Congrats mate!!.

The gears would be a little tight for sometime, as you use it more it would be smooth(er). After the second service at 6 months its super sure gear shifts now.

I had test-driven a friends NHC and gearshift was tooo (much) smooth. I guess OHC might also be having a similiar gearbox. Cedia, I guess can never that level of smoothness, but after sometime I am addicted to Cedia gearshifts :-).
Hi Santosh, Many Thanks for this confirmation, i was also thinking it should be something to do with the car being new. Also, like you mentioned the OHC gear shift is smooth as butter, this morning i was driving my OHC and thought "Man, this is as good as AT", I also felt the gear shift in the sports variant very enjoyable during my TD, so, not sure if its just to do with this being a new car or something else, anyways, the Technicians are working on it I heard, so hopefully it would be better when i take the delivery of the car.

@Ram - earlier the dealer told me that he was not sure of the stop date of production but may be somewhere around July - Aug... but now it appears, the production of Spirit variant might still be happening, but in smaller numbers, reason - my car is a Sept '09 Make is what the dealer said, yet to see it for myself. If this is the case, you should still be able to purchase your Spirit in any colour. If you are considering a purchase, do give it a serious thought as the car is a sure all rounder and i love every bit of the car, especially the confidence that the 2.0 litre engine comes with ! Overtaking is fun and the breaking is even more joyous... :-)

@Airwind, yeppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr :-) I am a happy man (touch wood) and thanks to all the advice on the Forum and to God :-) about your advice on handling the shift, yes, i had done it all and tried to also observe if there is a pattern on the direction in which the Reverse gear engages, unfortunately, it behaves different every time, the service guys are working on it as i hear, so, hopefully this would be fixed... will update in detail in my first ownership report !
kartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 12:15   #49
BHPian

hey Kartho, Congratulation for your new car purchase. That's a good decision.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 12:22   #50
BHPian

Congrats for your new cedia. HM-Mitsu is still selling cedia Spirit as new spirit.
anuprav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 12:28   #51
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. Cedia is a great car and does drive quite well. It is quite a refined car and am sure that you have loads of fun with it. Have fun and drive safe.

Hope to read ownership review soon from you.
muralisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 15:09   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuprav View Post
Congrats for your new cedia. HM-Mitsu is still selling cedia Spirit as new spirit.
Hey Anuprav, you were also deciding a car with 10L budget right ? so have you decided yet ? Earlier i thought, i will probably wait for the 1.4TJet Linea to launch, to compare and decide, but after the TD and the purchase, i am really convinced that my rush for Cedia is well worth it. Being in Delhi, you might get it for a much cheaper OTR price than me... do let us know which car you decide to pick finally.

All the best and thank you for your wishes.
Old 17th November 2009, 18:31   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
Only one problem i am facing with the car is, i am finding it really difficult to engage the Reverse gear, its basically all the lower side gears, the 2nd is not too difficult, but not smooth, 4th is a little more difficult and Reverse - something i need to struggle 3 - 4 times everytime to engage it... If people can comment on this it will be very helpful as i am not sure if its normal ???? though i doubt it ! For info, my old car is an OHC

Thanks, Karthik
When I bought the car the shifting was butter-smooth. But, strange it was, when I sent it for 1st service and got back, the gear would just not engage, especially 3rd and 4th and reverse. Totally intrigued, I checked with Dealer if they changed gear oil or something and got a negative answer. I analyzed and found myself the following:

1. The floor mat was placed slightly inside (during 1st service), which was obstructing the clutch from going full back. This was very much required for reverse gear. I pulled it back well and gear fell properly.
2. The position of the seat - height and distance depending on your arm length can sometimes make the shifting difficult or sticky. Try adjusting the position and height slightly, and you will find one setting, the gear stick only need a finger to shift from one to another.

Try and tell me what you found.

Congratulations on your Cedia.. Enjoy Driving...
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 10:57   #54
BHPian

@Raja

Thank you for this tip, i will try this too when i get the car... as it stands, tomorrow i will be taking delivery of the car (the car is ready now, but tomorrow is a better day - so decided to wait), the dealer claims the problem has been fixed by them, but when i take the delivery if i still find the issue, i will try this out... sounds like a useful tip to me. thank you.

The other thing i always wanted to ask you is what is the colour of your car, i had seen your initial ownership reports and pics and loved the color, but not sure if this colour is still there in the options... so was curious of the name of the color as mitsu calls it.

Thank you for your wishes, Karthik
Old 18th November 2009, 12:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Color of my car is French Claret. Check this link (Features - Colors) It is still available.
Mitsubishi

It is still available.
Here is another picture of my car taken March this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Need help - Cedia, SX4, Optra or ANHC ? EDIT : The Cedia it is!-cimg12501.jpg  

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 18th November 2009 at 12:57.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 15:58   #56
BHPian

Ohhhhhhhhhh so, its the French Claret, i saw it on the brochure and thought interesting color, but couldnt imagine how it would be in person, i think i should have raised this question before i booked my car and i could have got the same color too. its quite nice and you have maintained it really well, i cant beleive its a 2-yr old car. i should get one of those t-bhp stickers for my RVM - looks neat with the beige interiors

Happy driving !
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:06   #57
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Kartho,waiting for some pic's.Specially the interiors.

The rally art stickers on the sports variant are seriously disappointing.Any idea if they can be removed without any problem on the paint ?
Neil.Bhujbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:25   #58
BHPian

@Neil

Pics have already been posted in the Initial ownership reports section. Check it out... let me know if you cant find it. The Ralliart stickering can be done without, your dealer can help you out in this.

All the best.
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:26   #59
BHPian

@Neil

Just realized you are from Pune too, if you need contacts of the Mitsu guys here, please PM me. Tx
Old 23rd November 2009, 13:59   #60
BHPian

Just saw the pics.Awesome they are.Ones i am fixed on buying this baby will surely PM you.
Neil.Bhujbal is offline   Reply With Quote