Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 20th November 2009, 23:36   #16
BHPian

@vkochar, Altis is a great car, and I know that the Corolla cannot go wrong in any many ways since the previous model has been around for many years, and this one may as well too. But it was just too classy for me, and didnt exactly reflect who I really was at that moment! Does that make sense?
Or in other words... I dint want to grow up too fast before enjoying all the sporty cars out there!

==========================

Thanks guys for all the comments. I guess I was too excited to get the car and couldnt wait! I also figured the repaint idea would not be as good as I pictured it in my mind or the actual stock paint.

I will call them tomorrow and confirm on the Black Civic for the new model. I guess waiting till Jan is the right thing to do.

Oh God of patience! Give me unlimited power to wait for another month!
jocreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 23:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Jo, 49k is ridiculous amount for insurance. My dealer had also quoted such astronomical figures (47k) but I got him to give it to me for 26k; thats right, they jacked it up by 21k. So, really they're not giving you much discount on the insurance. ?
Hmm... good point there. So should I bargain on the insurance cost for the new model? I should probably look around to see if I can get some online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Is there no other dealer in town ? Maybe you want to ask dealers in close by cities if they have a black colored civic ?
Nope... the only other closer dealer would be 90kms away or even 150km away. I did as this agent though, and they said the thing that they can only ask their own branches.
Dont you just hate it when dealerships are more isolated based on their owners and not united by "HONDA"?!?!?!? You would think that a car bought from one dealer would very well be accepted at any other dealer... but they sort of give you the third wheel treatment! So I just didnt bother to ask them anymore.
Old 20th November 2009, 23:47   #18
BHPian

if you dont want to grow fast, give the cedia a shot.
akshaymahajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 23:55   #19
BHPian

@akshaymahajan : Yeh not so sure about Cedia. Width is a bit lesser than Civic, and its not AT and the Civic has paddle shift and Digital odos!!
Old 21st November 2009, 00:33   #20
BANNED

You shouldn't have confirmed them that your heart is just stuck on the civic. Give em a threat that you'll go for a toyota corolla as they're offering a better deal (Do the same in case of facelift civic as well)
thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 00:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
You shouldn't have confirmed them that your heart is just stuck on the civic. Give em a threat that you'll go for a toyota corolla as they're offering a better deal (Do the same in case of facelift civic as well)
Oh I didnt emphasize on how much i liked civic at all. I told them that my other option was Altis and I was almost set on them... and these people didnt nudge a bit!
Old 21st November 2009, 00:57   #22
BHPian

You guys are right about the insurance. I did a quick search online and compared prices. Most of the insurances range from 26-28k!!

How can these dealers rob people like this!! geez
Old 21st November 2009, 01:04   #23
BHPian

What about the road tax amount? These guys are charging around 85k. Is that the true value?
Old 21st November 2009, 01:34   #24
BHPian

I doubt the claim of stiffer suspension in new civic. Honda itself denied this news during launch (guess I read it in Hindu)

On Cruz, it got the same engine (or similar) of captiva. How a car
can house a SUV's engine peacefully !! Harder clutch, noisy engine etc all will be part of it.

But look wise, yes Civic do have some competition now.
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 02:07   #25
BHPian

jocreative, I would suggest to go for a new black one and put pressure to deliver faster, check other honda dealers in the vicinity, if they want to really sell the white, and they should be desperate given its an older model and will have little demand at full price, let them come back to you with a sweetheart deal, don't show interest in it.

And please painting a new car is absolutely pointless. Given the white is an older model and you are going to take a hit on resale, 1 lakh off the car price should be standard for you to even begin to consider it. Anyway you are spending a lot of money, and you colour choice is black, might as well go for that.
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 08:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I doubt the claim of stiffer suspension in new civic. Honda itself denied this news during launch (guess I read it in Hindu)
Well, I would trust my own bum rather than The Hindu. The suspension has ever so slightly been tweaked. Accepting it would have meant accepting a shortcoming, which is something Honda is not good at anymore.

The only time they bow to you now is to head butt you with the prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
On Cruz, it got the same engine (or similar) of captiva. How a car
can house a SUV's engine peacefully !! Harder clutch, noisy engine etc all will be part of it.
I take offense to that. :P

You seem to have some mistaken notions about SUVs and diesel engines.
They can be refined enough to give a lot of the sedans a run for their money.

The Cruze suffers from a strong kickback from the clutch, but the NVH is pretty nice. Do give it a test drive. Once over the initial lag, it can break your neck.
EssYouWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 22:17   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post

You seem to have some mistaken notions about SUVs and diesel engines.
They can be refined enough to give a lot of the sedans a run for their money.

The Cruze suffers from a strong kickback from the clutch, but the NVH is pretty nice. Do give it a test drive. Once over the initial lag, it can break your neck.
With SUV/MUV, people tend to accept a rough/loud engine, but not with cars. I have taken TD of captive, and engine noise was noticeable.

On diesel engine refinement, I doubt whether it reached the same point as of petrol.
swageo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 23:26   #28
BHPian

Hey Guys. Thanks for all the great insight on how the purchase process works. I finally decided to go for the new model in Black color. They say it may take around 2-3 weeks for delivery. I will let you know when its ready and post some pics.
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:36   #29
Senior - BHPian

Good choice jocreative. I'm happy that we could knock some "civic sense" into you

You can still save on the insurance by asking him how they arrived at the insurance value. Tell them you will get it done outside from the same company that's offering the insurance through the dealer.

And welcome to the Civic club. Drive hard and safe.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2009, 00:50   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Good choice jocreative. I'm happy that we could knock some "civic sense" into you

You can still save on the insurance by asking him how they arrived at the insurance value. Tell them you will get it done outside from the same company that's offering the insurance through the dealer.

And welcome to the Civic club. Drive hard and safe.
Thanks Csentil, I am really happy indeed that you guys knocked some civic sense into me!

I did tell the exec
"I would rather buy the insurance from outside"
they hesitantly asked
"how much did they offer you outside?"
I said
"25k"
They -
"Oh thats ok, we can adjust our insurance into that price!!!"

I am going to make a slight issue on that and probably get them to through in a free 3M and Teflon coat too. And probably some other free accessories.