Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 7th December 2009, 13:15   #61

Congrats ! Laura is great car , but the after sales service & spares leaves a lot to be desired. However wish you all the best.

just a sentence: Cars are not designed for the roadhumps of Bangalore which are crudely made with no engineering sense at all. I am native of my city and been driving since 20 years and my ANHC for 6 months now. I have not had a single scrapping till now. people are welcome to have a check if they are willing to.

Just because the ANHC GC is little low, one cannot call the whole suspension system faulty. I think one should be more sensible to understand that the cars cannot be deisgned for crude road humps of Bangalore. Some humps are so badly made, that even an good car with good GC would have problems.

I personally had a nice sweet and healthy discussion without hard feelings.

Get us the good news soon.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 7th December 2009 at 13:22.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 13:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

imp! - good luck on the Laura. That TSI engine is a gem - the only reason i would stay away from it is the A$$. But anyway, its a great car and i am sure you will love every driving minute on it!

Nandan - agree 100%. The instances i scraped something in last 9 months of owning ANHC was about three, and all when i was a bit careless. The so called low GC problem is not a big issue for me in the the speedbraker city!
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 13:38   #63

Nandan, Skywalker,

I too enjoy a healthy discussion, also I am not saying the City has a faulty suspension system, however perhaps I should have mentioned that I will be drivng the car on a daily basis in Jigani Industrial area, whilst AFAIK no car except maybe the fortuner, and maybe some 40lac + SUVs will be able to negotiate the craters in Jigani Taluk, the city and civic are exceptionally bad at this.
The A$$ in Bangalore appears to be improving with Vinayak doing a fairly good job in recent years. The clutch problem seems to be associated with people not understanding the car dynamics and pretty much riding a half clutch in 2'nd at speeds below 10 KPH to get the car to move ( This is not a scientific statement but rather, innumerable talks with acquaintances who own Skodas, some are good drivers, some are bad, the good ones never half clutch and have had no transmission realted issues, the bad ones do it all the time and a couple of them have had to change the clutch around 40,000 km).
If the A$$ is truly bad, I intend on using a reliable mechanic after my warranty period expires. Thanks for all your wishes :=)
imp! is offline   Reply With Quote