Closed Thread

Old 1st December 2009, 18:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
He's mentioned Ikon 1.6 in his post.

I didn't get your point.

Shan2nu
Guess you havent come across any of his threads on the problems he has been facing. Trying to sort out his problems he has never reached a point where he can think abt performance. He dosent know what you are talking about.

Rgds
k
Old 1st December 2009, 20:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Thats exactly what i was talking abt. Performance?? Shan2nu what are you talking abt. Do you know which is Dan's current car???

Looking at the fact that Dan is going the family way soon it has to be the Corolla.
Excuse me Mr Vtec The 1.6 is in no way a joke. For 1 it handles HIGH SPEED way way better than the vtec (You know this since you were a witness to it on the expressway with you gasping for breath everytime you went over those bumps in your vtec). And it corners WAY OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE better than the vtec. Its got good top end too. its a 91bhp against a 110bhp. keep up pretty well.

Yes i agree i did have a lot of problems with it but its all ironed out now.

So yes Corolla scores over the vtec for sure in all the posts mentioned below.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Corolla all the way and if you find a nice AT give me a shout too.
Old 2nd December 2009, 01:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Corolla all the way and if you find a nice AT give me a shout too.
Actually i have come across a couple of good ones and they have been A/t. Ill check if still available and BB.
Old 2nd December 2009, 10:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Excuse me Mr Vtec The 1.6 is in no way a joke. For 1 it handles HIGH SPEED way way better than the vtec (You know this since you were a witness to it on the expressway with you gasping for breath everytime you went over those bumps in your vtec). And it corners WAY OUT OF YOUR LEAGUE better than the vtec. Its got good top end too. its a 91bhp against a 110bhp. keep up pretty well.

Yes i agree i did have a lot of problems with it but its all ironed out now.

So yes Corolla scores over the vtec for sure in all the posts mentioned below.
Quote:
Nitroxx buddy thats one awesome corolla. Only car near that displacement was the Vtec of Ksm-vtecs. That vtec moves and how. Freak 1.5 keeps up with 1.8. Amazing.

I had an awesome drive, Had a few glitches at the start of the drive. Like Wiper blade issues etc. But that was all. Got onto the expressway and she flew. Need more CC & bhp. In comparison to the Vtecs & corollas i feel really underpowered. v6 3.0 i want.
IKON V/s Vtec

1) Good performance - we all know, i dont even need to say anything after that post.
2) Handling - may be yes, BUT get to those speeds and then we will talk abt it.
3) Stopping power - we all saw what happened at the toll booth in the morning
4) Air con - You keep complaining abt your all the time.
5) SAFETY in terms of High speed and features - The ikon i must say is safer here as it dosent get to high speeds, features - not a single 1 better than the vtec
6) Spare parts - Wow this is a tough one...let me try and put an estimate by and large the ford parts cost atleast 50%+ more than honda.
7) Build Quality - Ok you can take this one but nothing to be very happy about for people who take the rear seats off for weight reduction
8) Comfort - Matter of Personal choice, i find the vtec much more comfortable
9) FE -
10) Cabin quality - very noisy cabin in the Ikon i must say.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:19   #21
BHPian

Comparing a 7 - 8 year old OHC vtec and 6 - 7 year old Corolla ?! Corolla is a more durable car in the long run and obviously in the choice mentioned by you, the corolla has a longer life span left in it... If you dont care for the FE, Corolla it has to be !
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Actually i have come across a couple of good ones and they have been A/t. Ill check if still available and BB.

Hi Danlalan

If you dont mind can you share for how much are you being offered the Corolla. ( Auto and Manual )

I believe the Auto version is 1.8G and the Manual Version is 1.8E.

I am myself considering a good pre owned Corolla if i come across one .
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:44   #23
BHPian

LOL!! Nice one KSM.. I'm waiting for the next competitor!!mmm! what's it going to be?
BTW! did you know that the 1.6 Ikon is one of those cars that has a super duper speedo error!! Try Vboxing it!! you will be surprised! LOL!!
Cheers
Shrey

Quote:
IKON V/s Vtec

1) Good performance - we all know, i dont even need to say anything after that post.
5) SAFETY in terms of High speed and features - The ikon i must say is safer here as it dosent get to high speeds, features - not a single 1 better than the vtec
6) Spare parts - Wow this is a tough one...let me try and put an estimate by and large the ford parts cost atleast 50%+ more than honda.
7) Build Quality - Ok you can take this one but nothing to be very happy about for people who take the rear seats off for weight reduction
9) FE -

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 2nd December 2009 at 18:50.
Old 2nd December 2009, 18:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys, enough with the Ikon vs VTEC (even though i'd have loved to pitch in) LOL.

Lets stick to the topic.

Shan2nu
Old 2nd December 2009, 19:22   #25
BHPian

Its a total no-brainer.Dan stop trying to increase your post count. I wudnt agree with Kaushik on the build quality though. I feel the Corolla's far superior. Performance wise too, the Corolla enjoys a sheer displacement and Hp advantage. Like most people said both are very different cars, and the Corolla enjoys the benefit of being a much more modern one as well. Get the Corolla and have fun. ( ill still give u tough time once i get the cosworth parts and the port polish done).

As for the Ikon, dont argue just hit the twisties and let the car do the talking
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:11   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IKON V/s Vtec

9) FE -
1) Its better than wht ive seen on the express with your vtec havin ur down unders in your mouth everytime you reach double digits.
2) Vtecs dont even come close on that path.
3) Thats called late breaking my friend.
4) Thats cause its like a chiller.
5) It gets to the 200's with ease, again as 1) and not scary at top ends.
6) You can take this one.
7) LOL way way better. Built like a TANK.
8) Like you said matter of choice. But u barely fit in the vtec.
9) FE ..hmmm but i drive with A/C full time not the other way around.
10) Better than the vtecs again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Hi Danlalan

If you dont mind can you share for how much are you being offered the Corolla. ( Auto and Manual )

I believe the Auto version is 1.8G and the Manual Version is 1.8E.

I am myself considering a good pre owned Corolla if i come across one .
PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
LOL!! Nice one KSM.. I'm waiting for the next competitor!!mmm! what's it going to be?
BTW! did you know that the 1.6 Ikon is one of those cars that has a super duper speedo error!! Try Vboxing it!! you will be surprised! LOL!!
Cheers
Shrey
Might have speedo error but it stay Kaput at high speeds. Not like how i mentioned in 1).

So the COROLLA it is any day over the vtec. Hands down win.

1) Good performance,
2) Handling,
3) Stopping power,
4) Air con,
5) SAFETY in terms of High speed and features.
6) Spare parts,
7) Build Quality,
8) Comfort.
9) FE.
10) Cabin quality.

All better than the vtec.

Name: untitled.bmp Views: 177 Size: 529.2 KB

Made my choice. Time to start looking for one. Ksm-vtec you can run but you cannot hide.

THREAD CLOSED.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:18   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Its better than wht ive seen on the express with your vtec havin ur down unders in your mouth everytime you reach double digits.
2) Vtecs dont even come close on that path.
3) Thats called late breaking my friend.
4) Thats cause its like a chiller.
5) It gets to the 200's with ease, again as 1) and not scary at top ends.
6) You can take this one.
7) LOL way way better. Built like a TANK.
8) Like you said matter of choice. But u barely fit in the vtec.
9) FE ..hmmm but i drive with A/C full time not the other way around.
10) Better than the vtecs again.

Made my choice. Time to start looking for one. Ksm-vtec you can run but you cannot hide.

THREAD CLOSED.
Its better to have your down unders in your mouth at those speeds(190+) rather then having them in your mouth every morning thinking if you car would start or not.

Dude your Ikon has made you so scared that you prefer not to drive as something may go wrong with her if you get her out. ONLY 40k kms on a 10 yr old car.

Dont behave like girls do, give some illlogical reasons and run away by saying THREAD CLISED.....uncontrol

It is you who find the Vtec(1.5) worthy enough and that why you are compairing it vs the Corolla(1.8). The best part abt it is the underlying cause your Ikon(1.6) as correctly pointed out by you>>>

Quote:
Nitroxx buddy thats one awesome corolla. Only car near that displacement was the Vtec of Ksm-vtecs. That vtec moves and how. Freak 1.5 keeps up with 1.8. Amazing.

Need more CC & bhp. In comparison to the Vtecs & corollas i feel really underpowered. v6 3.0 i want.

Now lets get back to the topic. Remember you will never be able to find a good Corolla for the price of a vtec like your currently trying. Increase your budget to 4.5L and make sure you get yourself a 2004 full option Corolla.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 3rd December 2009 at 10:21.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Now lets get back to the topic. Remember you will never be able to find a good Corolla for the price of a vtec like your currently trying. Increase your budget to 4.5L and make sure you get yourself a 2004 full option Corolla.
Agreed. Buying a car and then spending on it to fix it works out the same as buying a slightly more expensive car in better condition without anything to fix. It will be extremely tough to find a good Corolla under 4 lacs.
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

Its better to have your down unders in your mouth at those speeds(190+) rather then having them in your mouth every morning thinking if you car would start or not.

Atleast i have peace of mind while driving. Not shivering at the wheel thinking it might run off the road at the next bump. Remember our expressway drive and the expression on your face. Ask pdev.

Dude your Ikon has made you so scared that you prefer not to drive as something may go wrong with her if you get her out. ONLY 40k kms on a 10 yr old car.[/b]

I prefer not to drive because i dont enjoy breathing in exhaust, roadrage, bumper to bumper traffic kind of driving that you do.

Dont behave like girls do, give some illlogical reasons and run away by saying THREAD CLISED.....uncontrol

You obviously havent been reading. Let me make it clear in BOLD. I HAVE MADE MY DECISION. COROLLA.

It is you who find the Vtec(1.5) worthy enough and that why you are compairing it vs the Corolla(1.8). The best part abt it is the underlying cause your Ikon(1.6) as correctly pointed out by you>>>

I dont find it worth enough over the corolla. Its because someone had got wrong information that the city was better.

Now lets get back to the topic. Remember you will never be able to find a good Corolla for the price of a vtec like your currently trying. Increase your budget to 4.5L and make sure you get yourself a 2004 full option Corolla.[/quote]

Iam not looking to get a corolla at the price of a vtec. Iam looking to get a GOOD corolla at the market price in prestine condition.

Last edited by danlalan : 3rd December 2009 at 13:19.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

Atleast i have peace of mind while driving. Not shivering at the wheel thinking it might run off the road at the next bump. Remember our expressway drive and the expression on your face. Ask pdev.

You may not have peace of mind at those speeds but i do for sure in my vtec. And its no big deal to have peace of mind at your ikons top speed (<180). The expression on my face was a pure depiction of fun with no insecurity even if the ikon did overtake me.

Originally Posted by danlalan

Need more CC & bhp. In comparison to the Vtecs & corollas i feel really underpowered. v6 3.0 i want.

Dude your Ikon has made you so scared that you prefer not to drive as something may go wrong with her if you get her out. ONLY 40k kms on a 10 yr old car.[/b]

I prefer not to drive because i dont enjoy breathing in exhaust, roadrage, bumper to bumper traffic kind of driving that you do.

Unfortunatley city driving has become like that for everyone. But why dont you take your car out in the nights? or rather i should ask, why are you buying a car??

You obviously havent been reading. Let me make it clear in BOLD. I HAVE MADE MY DECISION. COROLLA.

All of us know that you would never go for the vtec for obvious reasons and that there was no need to even start this thread.

I dont find it worth enough over the corolla. Its because someone had got wrong information that the city was better.

He we are talking abt the vtec vs your ikon. As far as the corolla is concerned, i have suggested that over the vtec since my first post.

Iam not looking to get a corolla at the price of a vtec. Iam looking to get a GOOD corolla at the market price in prestine condition.[/quote]

Be sure that you will not get a good one with all the safety features under 4L come what may.

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 3rd December 2009 at 14:16.
Closed Thread