Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 12th December 2009, 23:08   #91
BHPian

Quote:
When your heart was already set on SX4 from the start, why ask the question at all?
Coz I had some nagging doubts which I wanted to corroborate or discard leveraging the collective knowledge of the community..
Isn't that the reason forums and BBs exist in the first place?

Quote:
1) the SX4 being quieter than ANHC. This is unbelievable.
And when I say NVH, what I meant was the filtering of outside noise etc inside the cabin (and not the sound from the engine, which I anyway personally like a bit of filtering inside at high revs)

Quote:
we all deserve a good drive in your SX4 man! dont you think so ! My little sister owns one !
cetainly, although I have relocated to Pune which is where I am buying this car
Old 13th December 2009, 01:23   #92
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Abhi on the SX4!.. SX4 or ANHC, both have the similar samurai genes, so neither of the car would go wrong! Do put up an onwership report when you get delivery.. I am particularly interested in knowing the new VVT engine.. though just 2bhp more then the non VVT engine, am curious to know how it fares in comparison to the older one.. BTW, why didn't you opt for the AT version?

Quote:
And when I say NVH, what I meant was the filtering of outside noise etc inside the cabin (and not the sound from the engine, which I anyway personally like a bit of filtering inside at high revs)
Well, to be honest, NVH is one big drawback in the SX4, at least, the one before the facelift.. (had lived with it for 2.5 years).. The JK vectras were very noisy, so was the engine at higher RPM.. and sound damping was not too great either.. if you didn't notice in the test drive, then, I guess, its been greatly improved in the new SX4..
Old 13th December 2009, 09:14   #93

Default new sx4 vvt or new Honda city

guys plz help me out i am looking for a petrol car bce my running is very less i am looking for a performance as well as good avg, My budget is within 10. i heard the new sx4 is really good with a avg of 15 is it true kindly suggest me
Old 13th December 2009, 10:12   #94
BHPian

Just to add, after the final TD yesterday, I was still confused, so the final tilt came when I compared the prices for the SX4 and City in relatively more mature car markets (Australia and Malaysia)where both the cars are available only to discover what I had always suspected !
The pricing for the similarly specced variants in both the markets is the same for SX4 and City (SX4 marginally higher)
Why the hell should I pay 2L extra for the city here then? Is it some sort of special Honda India tax?
Old 13th December 2009, 10:23   #95
BHPian

ABHI: what u say is right..

honda costs are really high in india..donno why.. i think, honda thinks indian people are so sentimental in nature that once they prove quality then they can keep higher prices..

for the price you pay for CITY in india, you can buy a civic in U.S..for civic's cost u can buy accord..

this remains same with toyota too..

Go for SX4 if you are ok with the looks..and if you & others who will travel in the car will be more that 5.5" in height..then you need to go for SX4 only
Old 13th December 2009, 10:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
for the price you pay for CITY in india, you can buy a civic in U.S..for civic's cost u can buy accord..
That's actually a bit unfair coz there is no point comparing the prices directly as the duty/excise structure is different b/w two countries
wht I am trying to say however is that for the same tax and cost structure, is there a diff. b/w city and sx4 within a given country, and if yes, which way does it tilt
Old 13th December 2009, 10:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey Abhi

If i were you i would never try to justify my decision.
I do not think, you need to..

Since you have already made up the mind for SX4, just go for it,
Old 13th December 2009, 11:42   #98
BHPian

There is prejudice and Prejudice.

This is PREJUDICE
Old 13th December 2009, 11:47   #99
Senior - BHPian

@abhi and te_jus
latest edition of auto bild has comparision between ANHC AT & SX4. Even though their comparision is between ATs, many things are common to manuals as well. It is worth going through the article.
In their comparision, SX4 wins by a thin margin. ANHC looses out mainly due to the price factor.
Old 13th December 2009, 12:08   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
congrats on the booking Abhi. Do create a thread on your ownership experience.
Wish you a great experience with the SX4.

you are welcome to try it. I am ready to bet than there will be <10% of owners, if at all there are any who will complain about rattles in ANHC. Or as a matter of fact NHC or OHC.
Sure. I am not saying there will be an equal % of people who will talk about rattles, but I am sure there will be atleast 10-15% for sure. So in that case if one has to pay around 1.5 L more for the City, he will definitely demand less of rattles isn't it? All I am saying is that for the money you pay SX4 is amazingly great value. If you have the money, go ahead and spend on the city
Old 13th December 2009, 13:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
If you have the money, go ahead and spend on the city
Honestly speaking, I could happily spend significantly more on a car right now... am single, no liabilities and have over 7 years of workex now....

but the point is why'd I pay an extra premium just coz I am in India.. If a Suzuki (or Hyundai) can price their offerings at par with what they do elsewhere, why shouldn't Honda?

Quote:
If i were you i would never try to justify my decision.
I do not think, you need to..
Not justifying my decision, just putting verbiage around my thought process
After all that's why this section of the forum exists

Last edited by abhi182 : 13th December 2009 at 13:38.
Old 13th December 2009, 15:34   #102
BHPian

Many congratulations Abhi, for reaching a decision, and for selecting the SX4 VVT. Great car. I say that because I will bring my own SX4 ZXi MT home tomorow, the car is in the showroom, the PDI etc is completed.

Have a great drive, and enjoy.
Old 13th December 2009, 16:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

I think as far as "perceived value" is concerned you actually proved my point - viewed holistically, value encompasses all these things including peace of mind, reliability etc. you chose a civic over a chevy for that very reason!

ref the sales number - yes I understand what you are saying but I think this new SX4 VVT is still capable of surprising us all.

Read the latest "What Car?" - I agree with their summing up!
and I think Abhi's choice is a good one.
As abhi and deepan said on this forum a short while ago that the pricing of the City and the SX4 in several other markets is very similar - I also agree with that point of view.

Why should Honda over price these cars in India alone?
Consumers will simply vote with their feet if this goes on much longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
You are right about the affordability argument. But within and above the 10 lacs bracket, 'perceived value proposition' is not a deciding factor for many... for example, when cruze was launched, I was in a big deliemma because I see too many values in it and to some extent, it did entice me to book one.. but anyhow, I ended up booking a Civic for varied reasons - one being the peace of mind and proven reliability and brand..

That is not true! Because if it was, there would be more sales of SX4 than the ANHC, right? If going by the sales number, obviously, a relatively large base of consumers view that ANHC returns an overall value proposition!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 13th December 2009 at 16:22.
Old 13th December 2009, 17:56   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why should Honda over price these cars in India alone?
Consumers will simply vote with their feet if this goes on much longer
Unless there are competitive/desirable products from other brands within the respective segments, Honda will continue to command premium pricing..but having said, the ANHC pricing seems reasonable... in fact its specification closely match with Cedia... as to SX4 and ANHC pricing in the same band in other regions/countries, let us not forget that SX4 comes with 2.0 L engine/body kit/sat nav/cruice control/side airbags etc..
Old 13th December 2009, 18:59   #105
Senior - BHPian

Good choice. If you take the road less travelled, the SX4 is the one for you. ANHC is a great car, but there is a reason why it is called Honda City.
Closed Thread