Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 26th December 2009, 23:38   #46
BHPian

Good choice on the SX 4. You can continue with Maruthi *** with whom you may have already developed a good relationship, SX4 has one of the highest ground clearances in its class - can take you anywhere, and like someone already mentioned, the boot space! An upgrade from a hatch to another hatch may not be make a lot of sense.
triedeverything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2009, 00:14   #47
BHPian

Very objective decision. I disliked the bumper - rear one entirely & corners up front, however my decision to dive into the SX4 owners club was driven entirely by practicality than anything else.

I saw the French Eclair at Spectra stockyard, and it looks a class apart from the earlier avataars of SX4 - quite elegant, I might add.

Good luck, and keep us updated through your ownership thread. Will definately cross paths here-after.
Fornax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 22:12   #48
BHPian

@fornax and nikhil_blr: Facing the same dilemma here. The face-off is between the Linea 1.4 emotion pk and the SX4 ZXi. Heart says Linea but Brain says SX4. Also, I have already had a run in with the famed (lack of) service at the Tata-Fiat dealerships even before I buy the car. So am a bit worried about what will happen once they get the hands on the money and I have no leverage.
Have also heard stories about indifferent plastic quality and rusting issues with the Lineas on some of the forums here. But the looks and features are worth drooling over.

Bottom line is that I am still considering which one to go for!!

How are you guys feeling about your decision now that you have owned the SX4 for a few hundred Kms (I presume)?
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 22:26   #49
BHPian

I would have chosen SX4 over Linea. Linea do looks good, but it's sluggish and you know TAT guys support.

I would say good decision, though personally i do not like SX4 look, but it's value for money.

Last edited by akas_chauhan : 4th January 2010 at 22:31.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 18:45   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
@fornax and nikhil_blr: Facing the same dilemma here. The face-off is between the Linea 1.4 emotion pk and the SX4 ZXi. Heart says Linea but Brain says SX4. Also, I have already had a run in with the famed (lack of) service at the Tata-Fiat dealerships even before I buy the car. So am a bit worried about what will happen once they get the hands on the money and I have no leverage.
Have also heard stories about indifferent plastic quality and rusting issues with the Lineas on some of the forums here. But the looks and features are worth drooling over.

How are you guys feeling about your decision now that you have owned the SX4 for a few hundred Kms (I presume)?
Hi Shreeps,

I've just done the PRI for my car. It'll be registered and delivered in a day or two. So I cannot give you any feedback yet on how the car performs etc.

From my extensive research here, I can say that SX4 is a VFM car with almost no major problems - completely a choice of the head. Sad to say, but I'm not in love with this car. It's just a practical vehicle for me to take me on my weekend trips safely and comfortably. Nothing more, nothing less. I (we) really loved the Jazz, but the head won and SX4 it was, mainly because of GC issues in Bangalore.

One personal suggestion I can give you is: wait for a while till Fiat launches the new Linea with more powerful engine and then go with your heart. Then you will be able to forgive the car for any niggles that occur - because love is blind.

I do agree the Linea demands a second look and is gorgeous! The SX4 simply is un-noticeable - most people confuse it with Dzire because of the similar lines (my wife can't make out a Santro from an i10!!!) I never considered the Linea because it was bit expensive for my budget and the obvious problems (lack of pickup, Fiat A.S.S., bad quality parts etc). I'm the practical sort and not a great fan of looks.

If a car doesn't have a few features, but is of solid quality (build, fit and finish, engine, A.S.S. etc) and you love it - then go for it. But no matter what your heart says, don't go for a car that has problems - serious problems.

Be patient, and look around and take time before you decide. See the ANHC too. It's a great car too.

Wish you all the best in your search,

Regards
Nikhil
Nikhil_blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2010, 18:48   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post

Hi Shreeps,

I've just done the PRI for my car. It'll be registered and delivered in a day or two. So I cannot give you any feedback yet on how the car performs etc.

From my extensive research here, I can say that SX4 is a VFM car with almost no major problems - completely a choice of the head. Sad to say, but I'm not in love with this car. It's just a practical vehicle for me to take me on my weekend trips safely and comfortably. Nothing more, nothing less. I (we) really loved the Jazz, but the head won and SX4 it was, mainly because of GC issues in Bangalore.

One personal suggestion I can give you is: wait for a while till Fiat launches the new Linea with more powerful engine and then go with your heart. Then you will be able to forgive the car for any niggles that occur - because love is blind.

I do agree the Linea demands a second look and is gorgeous! The SX4 simply is un-noticeable - most people confuse it with Dzire because of the similar lines (my wife can't make out a Santro from an i10!!!) I never considered the Linea because it was bit expensive for my budget and the obvious problems (lack of pickup, Fiat A.S.S., bad quality parts etc). I'm the practical sort and not a great fan of looks.

If a car doesn't have a few features, but is of solid quality (build, fit and finish, engine, A.S.S. etc) and you love it - then go for it. But no matter what your heart says, don't go for a car that has problems - serious problems.

Bottomline: Go with your heart, but let your head have a veto.

Be patient, and look around and take time before you decide. See the ANHC too. It's a great car too.

Wish you all the best in your search,

Regards
Nikhil
Nikhil_blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2010, 17:29   #52
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil. Looking forward to some pics and initial driving experience once you get your SX4. I sure hope that it grows on you and you start to love it too .

Yes I heard that the new Linea T-Jet's launched in the auto expo yesterday. However with an expected price tag of more than 9.5 L, it goes into ANHC territory which is out of my budget. For the SX4, the ex showroom price in Pune is around 8.3 L and dealers are giving around 30 K Discounts/Bonus (including exchange bonus and cash discount)*before* haggling.

Thanks for the wishes and the wise counsel
"If a car doesn't have a few features, but is of solid quality (build, fit and finish, engine, A.S.S. etc) and you love it - then go for it. But no matter what your heart says, don't go for a car that has problems - serious problems.
Bottomline: Go with your heart, but let your head have a veto.
"

That makes a lot of sense.
shreeps is offline   Reply With Quote