Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 21st December 2009, 10:58   #16
BHPian

I am only inviting Indian Vagabond to our house to have a look at the cars in our stable before raising the point concerning money..

In case it had a threatening undertone..i apologize....

But ,,,,we should be ready to get what we give,,,, don't we???
Iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 11:00   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
These are not abuses. They and I were just curious that you choose the City over the Altis and were wondering how you arrived at it.

Most of us buy a car here for its dimensions and engine output. I did just that.

I think you had a limited budget and the city is a good car for that price.

I am not too sure if Indian Vagabond would like your comments.

I dint like his comments one bit.
But this forum is not meant for actions and reactions I suppose, its about honest personal experiences and opinions !!!

I totally agree with your views.
From the way, IamLegend presented his case, i really assumed MONEY IS INDEED A LIMITING FACTOR

ANHC over CIVIC / ALTIS is still difficult to digest but as IamLegend says, buying a car is a family affair

So, we respect his decision

Got an invitation to visit Durgapur in the entire process

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Dippy : 21st December 2009 at 11:16. Reason: See note in post.
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 11:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Of course IAL, maybe it could have been rephrased better. Anyways please do continue with your story.

Last edited by beejay : 21st December 2009 at 11:04.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 11:16   #19
BHPian

Legend Dada..chill out. Since your posts were coming in bits and pieces, people were assuming you wanted to maintain some suspense..no body in the wildest imagination will think it is becos of BSNL connectivity issues. If you are posting only some text, and no photos, writing a 1 line response or a 10 page, it will hardly make a difference, even if you have dial-up internet connection.

We were dying to know what were the factors which led you to decide on an ANHC, rather than a higher end altis/civic. Since you went to see those models, it can be safely assumed, that budget was not the criteria.

Further, your the thread title gave us a shock to non-ANHC owners like us - Battle of the Titans won by ANHC - seemed like some reputed organization/magazine have done a thorough review before coming to this conclusion. Not that we blindly rely on these but still.

It seems you will not like any comments made to your post unless it is accompanied by LOLs or some smileys;-}

Last edited by sanjayc : 21st December 2009 at 11:20.
sanjayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 11:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post

Further, your the thread title gave us a shock to non-ANHC owners like us - Battle of the Titans won by ANHC ;-}
It even shocked an ANHC owner like me

Nowhere in the world, Family influences the decision on car-purchase so much, like it does in India i suppose (even if the car is not the first in the family) !!!!
Whether thats welcome or not is open to debate !!!

I have myself been a victim of this "Family car" cliche once.

Last edited by Dippy : 22nd December 2009 at 09:23. Reason: Deleted previous off topic posts hence editing yours
Old 21st December 2009, 11:48   #21
BHPian

Ok..let's get over it.

Now some pictures please! Your thread will be incomplete with lots of photos.

And, while you wait for the pictures to get uploaded on a slow connection, we will make do with some ownership reviews/experience please.
Old 21st December 2009, 12:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

I would not be surprised if somone chooses ANHC over Altis.
ANHC is very close to Altis in terms of dimensions, interior space, luggage space, safety features and performance.
Of course Altis has more goodies, some may feel that it is better built and has better interiors.
But the bring the styling in to the picture, which is very subjective and a major factor in deciding a car for many, somone may end up with ANHC.
Personally I find the styling of ANHC to be sharp and futuristic while I find the styling of Altis to be without definitions, overdone without much result, except the 'melting wax' effect on the surfaces.

Last edited by Guna : 21st December 2009 at 12:20.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 12:22   #23
Awaiting Email Confirmation

cool choice Iam legend,, now do giveus a feedback on dealer delivery and PDI procedures
snoopy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 14:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

@Indian_Vagabond - It was just an honest question. Altis is faster, has better interiors, rides and handles better, feels more solid, is in all probability will be more reliable than City in the long run, has better equipment levels and is put together better inside out. Quite surprising since you never mentioned money as the limiting factor anywhere in your post.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 15:03   #25
BHPian

Quote:
@Indian_Vagabond - It was just an honest question. Altis is faster, has better interiors, rides and handles better, feels more solid, is in all probability will be more reliable than City in the long run, has better equipment levels and is put together better inside out. Quite surprising since you never mentioned money as the limiting factor anywhere in your post.
@extreme_torque - I assume you wanted to address @iamlegend and not @Indian_Vagabond.

Another confusion - IAmLegend - from your posts it is not clear if you have already taken delivery. Please confirm. If not yet taken delivery, then we apologise for pestering you regarding pictures.

Awaiting eagerly for the cost breakup / color / dealership experience etc.

Thanks.
Old 21st December 2009, 16:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

@sanjay- yes, thanks for correcting me
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 17:59   #27
BHPian

IAL,

You have made a right choice. Dont worry about it at all. ANHC is a beautiful car.

Quote:
They are telling me to do Teflon protection
Not really necessary, Dont bother this !

Quote:
Under body Rust Coating at first service....
I did get this done, after getting myself really convinced about it. Though my car's under belly is fine, I checked the under bellies of few cars in the a** . After checking this, i thought it does makes sense to get this done. The SA was also of the opinion that its performs well if it is done when the surface is new. So i went ahead.

I would suggest an upgrade of the headlights, which costed me 1.2k. for an relay and 90/100 bulbs. Its worth it.

Also IAL, why is the insurance high ? I paid only 20k here. Could you come back on this please for a better understanding. Which company is doing it ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 21st December 2009 at 18:03.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2009, 18:43   #28
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users. Also, please avoid typing with excessive dots............like.................this......... ......

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

My dad didn't even bother to ask the details...so don't know.......will be calling the Sales Advisor to know about that....

You have the AT version right....???(maybe thats why the insurance is high..)

The bulb upgrade was from HONDA A.S.S,,,,,,,,was it?

I have not yet taken delivery.......

They are telling me 27th as D-day.......Hoping that we will take delivery somewhat earlier.....

Here is the price break up-

Ex showroom price-970,000(Outright Purchase)
Corporate discount-15,000
Insurance-34,410-discounted by 20%-27,528
Total-982,528+3500=986,028
Color- Crystal Black Pearl
Free-Mudflaps,Cushions,Perfume,Floor mats

So far booking experience has been really good,no haggling,no IAMHONDA attitude,no bumps at all...........

They are telling me to do Teflon protection...Is it required,,if so what is its purpose...?
Told them that would be doing the 3m Paint protection and Under body Rust Coating at first service....
These two are good , right.......?????...

Team-Bhpians and ANHC owners, please help.........

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2009 at 19:51. Reason: See Mod note at the top of your post
Iamlegend is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 21st December 2009, 21:04   #29
BHPian

Which variant is it - VMT or SMT ??
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:54   #30
BHPian

Quote:
You have the AT version right....???(maybe thats why the insurance is high..)
I said that your insurance amount is high, not mine. My car is SMT.

Quote:
The bulb upgrade was from HONDA A.S.S,,,,,,,,was it?
A.S.S dont do headlights upgrades. I got it done at my friend's car accessories shop. Its HELLA relay withe Hella bulbs. Quite good.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote