Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 28th December 2009, 21:50   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hello Mr. software project manager let me introduce a virus into this thread

Cedia Sports or Select, no ground clearance problem @175mm, 4.9 meters turning radius boon in traffic and tight parking spots, almost an automatic in 3rd & 4th gear, 2.0 L, 115 bhp, 17.3 Kgm torque, discs all around on 15" wheels with ABS & EBD, auto a/c, built in navigation in sports model with genuine leather on seats, steering, gear lever knob, handbrake and class apart from both Verna & Honda City yet within 10L. A true drivers car in the price band under consideration.

Have a test drive and let us know how you feel about it.
Well, well, well. It's indeed a virus to an already vacillating debate b/n Verna and City

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Sathya,

Khoj's suggestion makes lot of sense.Why dont you try it ?

But i feel such a nice car is handicapped due to the reasons that 1) Not many dealerships in many cities 2) very low reputation and low resale value 3) low numbers on the road 4) not a favorite really.

Just check it out, you may like it. I think its more than 10 lakhs in Bangalore.

@Khoj, nandan: Now that you guys are pushing me so much, I would definitely consider doing a TD. I guess A.S.S/Maintenance is a major issue with the Cedia. How else would you explain its extremely low sales count? PFB, the sales figures from Jan to Sep '09.
Attached Thumbnails
Verna CRDI SX (ABS) or ANHC (2009) S M/T: Which is the best buy for 10+ lakh INR?-sales-chart-jan-sep-2009.jpg  

sathya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2009, 23:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

^^Service in bangalore is pretty okay. Haven't had much trouble till date though another member did complain about a check engine light not getting fixed. Why the car didn't sell? No one other than a few enthusiasts even know that the car exists.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 09:36   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Sathya,

Khoj's suggestion makes lot of sense.Why dont you try it ?

But i feel such a nice car is handicapped due to the reasons that 1) Not many dealerships in many cities 2) very low reputation and low resale value 3) low numbers on the road 4) not a favorite really.

Just check it out, you may like it. I think its more than 10 lakhs in Bangalore.
Nandan is absolutely right on this one, you would love the car totally !! regarding A.S.S., service in Pune is top class... may be due to low numbers, the maintenance guys can afford to give you so much time for each and every detail... my experience in Pune has been very good and have heard the same from Cedia owners in few other cities as well. Regarding number of dealerships/presence in cities... remember, thats how Honda started too... only in the last couple of years, the number of dealerships enormously increased for Honda... The car is so good that its quite unlikely that you would be running around searching for a service center during your long drives, but if you are likely to relocate to a location where Mitsu does not have a service center this could very well be a concern. I have posted the link to my Cedia experience (it has a few pics too) just in case you are interested in learning more about how the car drives !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html (My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report)
kartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 11:58   #49
BHPian

sathya,

I am suggesting it as cedia is fully loaded & the car is a good one. I didnt buy it for the fact that i sell every 2 to 2-1/2" years for a new one and i was looking at the resale value. Cedia does not figure well in the resale market though its a well done up sedan.

The callous attitude of the company towards gearing up the sales & service network has done the damage.

I personally stress you try cedia, nothing wrong with it. You always have the option to buy what you like.

I wouldn't have stressed so much but, Khoj has injected a very good virus, nothing wrong having a meet with this virus right ! Personally, It will not be fair on my part if i dont suggest you to have TD.

Just check it out consciously and let us know.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 29th December 2009 at 12:05.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 12:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Sathya have you taken a TD of the Verna diesel A/T you were to take?
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2009, 12:33   #51
BHPian

Quote:
sathya,

I am suggesting it as cedia is fully loaded & the car is a good one. I didnt buy it for the fact that i sell every 2 to 2-1/2" years for a new one and i was looking at the resale value. Cedia does not figure well in the resale market though its a well done up sedan.

The callous attitude of the company towards gearing up the sales & service network has done the damage.

I personally stress you try cedia, nothing wrong with it. You always have the option to buy what you like.

I wouldn't have stressed so much but, Khoj has injected a very good virus, nothing wrong having a meet with this virus right ! Personally, It will not be fair on my part if i dont suggest you to have TD.

Just check it out consciously and let us know.
Point taken srini & kartho. Will definitely arrange for a TD.

Any comments on the much awaited New Lancer 2010 model? Just saw the signature note of RajaTaurus. Will it be better than Cedia and will it be worth waiting for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Sathya have you taken a TD of the Verna diesel A/T you were to take?
Canonball, I spoke to my sales rep from Advaith who had arranged for a TD for Verna M/T earlier. He has told me that he would get back to me soon as the TD vehicle (the A/T one) is currently out of station. Will def. let you know when I do it. BTW canonball, have you posted your ownership reports on the Verna A/T? Can you pls. share the link with me? Would like to know your detailed impressions on the vehicle's dynamics.
Old 29th December 2009, 13:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

sathya I have not posted any report as yet but there almost 3 members who have put their report just do a search and you will get them. They have extensively covered it so I thought mine would just be a duplicate. Also just got the car 10 days ago. My initial impressions as follows:

- Great/fantastic pickup - in city is amazing when driving in bumper to bumper traffic as well as handling, getting around and out of road rage type of situation very fast.
- proportions are easy enough to move her aptly through small gaps.
- drove the car 4 hours through city traffic covering 200km and was not tierd at all something I find happening very often when I drive manual petrols! short of the long a very comfy ride.
- I am 6.2ft and very anti small car but in this the space and seating arrangment is neat - used to hate accent and santro seat design (lower back) they have some way to go in terms of tall people but the verna has been great so far.
- The horn button design/layout could have been better sometimes sticks at least the TD car I drove on 2 occasions had this, my car so far has not had it but she is new!
- the brakes are astonishing in terms of feel/response and particularly modulation. She does not kick you in the back just like european cars and unlike japanese.
- Lights could have been bettter but I may be biased as all my cars are 100/95 set up one car also having extra pair of driving lights. May upgrade the bulbs.
- she has this certian heavy feel unlike light japenese car.

Let me stress this car is a sensible purhcase and the ANHC is an emmotional one so depending where you are in life and what your priorities are may help you. me for one I am 2 extremes. Either a 30 plus lacs car which is luxury or a expensive classic exotic or extremely practical no nonsense stuff for everyday use and something cool for weekends. Anything in the middle (NHC/Accord/Civic etc) just does not cut it for me . I am cool calm when I drive this car

Last edited by canonball : 29th December 2009 at 13:37.
Old 29th December 2009, 13:58   #53
BHPian

Hi Sathya. I would vote for ANHC. Surely some say (including me) its over priced with the features it gives. But one has to re-think about the great reliability it has to offer. Moreover the ANHC has been upgraded and offers a much better drive than earlier. The AHNC AT will do a great job for you. The Ground Clearance should not be a deal breaker.

How come Fiesta is not in the list? The petrol top end model (SXi ABS) is good, both inside and outside. Solid 3L cheaper than ANHC AT. And its a pleasure to drive.

Hope this helps, Cheers!
Vibhanshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 07:50   #54
BHPian

Quote:
sales rep from Advaith who had arranged for a TD for Verna M/T earlier

My experience with Advaith has been lousy. Have an attitude. Hope your experience is pleasant though !
Old 30th December 2009, 13:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

My friend has an ANHC auto and she gives him 6kmpl in Mumbai traffic. She is 12 months old. the enst she gave him was 7 when he used the sealink, I was surprised as even the old accord gave 7 in auto but he said he was keeping a tab on this one and it consistantly retruns 6!! He also complains that the paddle shift is only for show as the responce timing and consequent ill ease of use when needed is lousy. I would completely stay away from ANHC auto if you opt for honda. This friend has a E220 petrol bought new a skoda laura diesel (2009 model) and this ANHC auto so I take his opinion at seriously as he is a keen car guy. he asked me to stay away from the auto

Last edited by canonball : 30th December 2009 at 13:38.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:01   #56
BHPian

Economy to such low levels are disgusting rather. But guys here in Bangalore are reporting around 9 and 10 kmpl in Auto.
Old 30th December 2009, 14:17   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
My friend has an ANHC auto and she gives him 6kmpl in Mumbai traffic. She is 12 months old. the enst she gave him was 7 when he used the sealink, I was surprised as even the old accord gave 7 in auto but he said he was keeping a tab on this one and it consistantly retruns 6!! He also complains that the paddle shift is only for show as the responce timing and consequent ill ease of use when needed is lousy. I would completely stay away from ANHC auto if you opt for honda. This friend has a E220 petrol bought new a skoda laura diesel (2009 model) and this ANHC auto so I take his opinion at seriously as he is a keen car guy. he asked me to stay away from the auto
Looks like the car has some problem? I dont drive with light foot but get between 9-10 with my ANHC.
About the paddle shift, there people who dont see value in it and there are people (me included) who just love the paddelshift. One cannot generalise saying it is just for show. Response time is better then in the kickdown.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 14:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
One cannot generalise saying it is just for show.
Guna,

i have done a TD of an auto.I would second your opinion.
Old 30th December 2009, 18:23   #59
BHPian

Quote:

My experience with Advaith has been lousy. Have an attitude. Hope your experience is pleasant though !
Completely agree with you on this. Till this day, the sales rep hasn't reverted to me with the TD of the auto that he had promised. Looks like they are least bothered to sell their cars.
Old 30th December 2009, 21:01   #60
BHPian

sathya,

i had this experience not once but twice. Me too got the same feeling too. I hope the sales rep is not a guy called Niran.

My wife spoke to the Trident guys on the hosur road since it was close to her office in Electronic city.It was a pleasant surprise. These guys were good.

We went ahead and bought i20 for my wife here.

Try these guys.