Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 31st December 2009, 00:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya79 View Post
Well, well, well. It's indeed a virus to an already vacillating debate b/n Verna and City

@Khoj, nandan: Now that you guys are pushing me so much, I would definitely consider doing a TD. I guess A.S.S/Maintenance is a major issue with the Cedia. How else would you explain its extremely low sales count? PFB, the sales figures from Jan to Sep '09.
Version 2.0 of the virus injected below for your viewing pleasure. You have already previewed kartho's Cedia spirit. This one is my Cedia sports. Kartho got his in November and I have ordered mine this Monday so hopefully the last quarter's figures will be better The reason for poor sales IMHO were the lopsided approach of the dealers. This seems to be changing as both Kartho's and my enquiries were handled directly by the HM sales guys and not the dealers team.

Quote:
Point taken srini & kartho. Will definitely arrange for a TD.

Any comments on the much awaited New Lancer 2010 model? Just saw the signature note of RajaTaurus. Will it be better than Cedia and will it be worth waiting for?
The new lancer is slated for a launch in 2010 as a CBU @ nearly 25 ~30L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Sathya,

Khoj's suggestion makes lot of sense.Why dont you try it ?

But i feel such a nice car is handicapped due to the reasons that 1) Not many dealerships in many cities 2) very low reputation and low resale value 3) low numbers on the road 4) not a favorite really.

Just check it out, you may like it. I think its more than 10 lakhs in Bangalore.
Thanks Nandan the virus thrives on your support.

As for the other points in your post, I agree with Kartho's inputs on how Honda started and the advantage of going to a dealer who has time for you. I have been a Honda customer since 1998 with a repeat purchase in 2004. The relationship ceased in 2008 and in these 10 years I have seen customer satisfaction levels go downhill. My views are restricted to the cities of New Delhi & Bombay.

Regarding the resale value in 2008 I bought the Swift as a stop gap arrangement. I was told that the Swift has a higher resale value than the other car (Ford Fusion) that I was considering. Now that I am trying to sell it, I am being quoted 4L for a car with 8K on the odo and which I bought for 5.7L OTR. So all this talk regarding low resale etc is hogwash. It is EASE of resale and not better/higher resale price. Do not make it a deciding factor for whichever car you may decide on.

Regarding the A.S.S, elsewhere in the forum there are members who have had their Cedia's steering assemblies changed owing to faulty horn pads. These assemblies costing 45K were changed f.o.c. under warranty with one member having only 8 days of warranty left. In the other case which pertains to RajaTaurus a steering for his car is being shipped from Japan and meanwhile his car has been fitted with a stop gap arrangement borrowed steering wheel. Not bad from a manufacturer who is selling less than 1000 cars annually. Having experienced Honda they would have tried to wiggle out of the situation especially in the case where there were just 8 days left for the warranty to expire and would have haughtily asked for full payment at a later date. In fact GM too is better than Honda. In August earlier this year, they changed ABS sensors in my Aveo on the penultimate day of the extended warranty. Though only one was diagnosed by their laptop scanner as faulty the service guys still checked sensors on all wheels and replaced two. Another case of the service guy having time on his hands to do a thorough job.

I will borrow a dialogue from the famous scientist Wangdu, translated it says
Quote " We are so scared of what may happen in the future and so focussed on it that we do not pay attention to our today and allow it to be ruined." Unquote

So test drive all the cars in your price range and pick up the one that you enjoy driving the most today. Make your present perfect and the future shall unfold accordingly.

Enough philosophy, here is version 2.0.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CEDIA BLUE STREAK Presentation1.pdf (170.4 KB, 200 views)
File Type: pdf Cedia Sports interiors.pdf (844.2 KB, 241 views)
File Type: pdf Cedia Sports tech specs.pdf (73.0 KB, 199 views)
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 08:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
As for the other points in your post, I agree with Kartho's inputs on how Honda started and the advantage of going to a dealer who has time for you. I have been a Honda customer since 1998 with a repeat purchase in 2004. The relationship ceased in 2008 and in these 10 years I have seen customer satisfaction levels go downhill. My views are restricted to the cities of New Delhi & Bombay.

Regarding the resale value in 2008 I bought the Swift as a stop gap arrangement. I was told that the Swift has a higher resale value than the other car (Ford Fusion) that I was considering. Now that I am trying to sell it, I am being quoted 4L for a car with 8K on the odo and which I bought for 5.7L OTR. So all this talk regarding low resale etc is hogwash. It is EASE of resale and not better/higher resale price. Do not make it a deciding factor for whichever car you may decide on.
@khoj - even i had an OHC before the Cedia and your comments are bringing back my painful memories of Honda service in Pune and Delhi and I've got this feeling we are not alone on this and more & more people have started voicing their frustration on Honda attitude in some cities/dealerships... couple of years back after a major accident in Delhi my car was lying for 6 months in Honda garage - a new story everytime and the result was not even worth it !

Regarding resale - I have always told my friends never decide what to buy based on resale of a car unless you are in the habit of changing cars every one - two years... no one can ever guess/predict how the car market in india would be in the next 5 years or more... so many cars and so much competition could flood the market that resale prices could stink more than it has done in the last one year... having said that, i still think 4L is too less for your car, have you tried team bhp classifieds - i started getting calls from the minute i posted my car, i never expected such good response/offers, the next best site is carwale in my experience... good luck selling !

I agree with your philosophy too - its important to enjoy your drive today rather than waste it worrying about resale tomorrow
kartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 12:42   #63
BHPian

khoj,

For me , considering the resale value does hold some sense, since i tend to change every 2 to 2-1/2" years.So i do it. You would agree with me that the scenarios are different for different people. likewise its different for you.

@Kartho,

after reading the above, you may agree with me that i have to enjoy my drive today knowing my tomorrow is fine:-)
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 13:40   #64
BHPian

sathya,
I purchased my Verna sx CRDI with ABS in Sept and they have no rear discs. Mine is a manual transmission and the power surge is amazing, it can give you a real feel good factor. BUT above 120/140 Kmph it behaves like a ship in storm when braked. The rear of the car seems to have a mind of its own. Otherwise its a good car and if you want a diesel you hardly have any choice. The city mileage is just above 10 but on highways it returns above 17.
manish.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 15:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Khoj, nandan: Now that you guys are pushing me so much, I would definitely consider doing a TD. I guess A.S.S/Maintenance is a major issue with the Cedia. How else would you explain its extremely low sales count? PFB, the sales figures from Jan to Sep '09.
After Sales Service / Maintenance? A Major Issue?
For sure not for any single Cedia owner in India. These two have never been issues at all.
And please, for the car's sake, do not consider the sales figures (alone) to evaluate a car. Look at it, see what it has got to offer for how much monies, take a full TD and then decide on what you found.
We, Cedizens are definitely a full bunch of happy fun-loving owners of this car, and always - be it Chennai or Bangalore or Hyderabad, we have got special attention from the dealers.

An you may want to go through this thread to know more...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...w-5000-km.html (Cedia SPIRIT - running report - now 5000 km)

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 31st December 2009 at 15:45.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 15:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new lancer is slated for a launch in 2010 as a CBU @ nearly 25 ~30L.
My info from Chennai dealer is that this 25-30L is EVO-X as CBU.
In addition they are talking about Lancer's new model, (yet to be named they say), that would be launched in Japan and the same is being brought to India by Oct-10. This may be smaller version (bhp wise). No confirmation yet.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 31st December 2009 at 15:45.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 16:09   #67
BHPian

Quote:

You can add Pune to that list of POOR HONDA DEALERS/ SUPPORT.

In Bombay, I had the option to change my dealer when the service became bad. But in Pune, that option doesnt exist.

Howver, I suppose Sathya is going to use his car in Bangalore which boasts of a great Honda Support. So, After Sales Service should not be an issue for him.

@Sathya

Have you made you choice ?Please do let us know.
INDIAN_VAGABOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 17:40   #68
BHPian

Quote:
BUT above 120/140 Kmph it behaves like a ship in storm when braked.
Manish,
have you opted for the tyre upgrades ? for academics .

@ IndianVagabond.

I can swear on anything about the kind of support my dealer has given till now. Atleast in my case, the support has been very good.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 31st December 2009 at 17:44.
Old 31st December 2009, 22:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
My info from Chennai dealer is that this 25-30L is EVO-X as CBU.
In addition they are talking about Lancer's new model, (yet to be named they say), that would be launched in Japan and the same is being brought to India by Oct-10. This may be smaller version (bhp wise). No confirmation yet.
So are we going to see an upgrade in 2010?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 19:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Looks like the car has some problem? I dont drive with light foot but get between 9-10 with my ANHC.
About the paddle shift, there people who dont see value in it and there are people (me included) who just love the paddelshift. One cannot generalise saying it is just for show. Response time is better then in the kickdown.
For show are the words of the owner friend who gave me this feedback so generalise or not this is verbatim. I asked him again and he still maintains the same. I did not find it to be great when I took a TD as well and I have used several trips. My funda is do it right or else don't do it jsut provide a regular auto instead of a half backed one. Honda does seem to have followed more the show route a feedback and sentiment also shared by many auto journo's in most test's published so far
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 08:18   #71
BHPian

sathya,

any news on your decision man? i think kartho, khoj, indian vagbond , raju & myself have confused you enough. Hope you haven't pushed your buying decision for sometime now to get further confused as many new releases are due this year around :-)

revert.
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:19   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
For show are the words of the owner friend who gave me this feedback so generalise or not this is verbatim. I asked him again and he still maintains the same. I did not find it to be great when I took a TD as well and I have used several trips. My funda is do it right or else don't do it jsut provide a regular auto instead of a half backed one. Honda does seem to have followed more the show route a feedback and sentiment also shared by many auto journo's in most test's published so far
again my point is, there is a segment of people who like the paddleshift. I myself wouldn't have gone for an AT if it did not have paddleshift (or tritronics etc)
Of course, if you don't touch the paddles, it is a regular AT. Can you elaborate what aspect you found lacking when compared to other ATs with torque converter set up? One thing I noticed is, you can feel the gears shifting and it is not totally jerk-free.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 02:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIAN_VAGABOND View Post

@Sathya

Have you made you choice ?Please do let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
sathya,

any news on your decision man? i think kartho, khoj, indian vagbond , raju & myself have confused you enough. Hope you haven't pushed your buying decision for sometime now to get further confused as many new releases are due this year around :-)

revert.
Sorry folks, was out on a holiday so couldn't revert earlier. Well, Srini/Indian, there were enough viruses that were injected that my DSS (Decision support system) has crashed. And, I haven't done the TD of Verna and City A/T yet. 3 main reasons for that.
1. Advaith Hyundai guys haven't yet reverted with the TD of the A/T that they had promised last week.
2. Year end holiday weekend. (Was out of town!)
3. The Magnum/Dakshin Honda guys were very responsive and cooperative to my requests. But, I have postponed it to the coming week since my wife is out of station and she will be returning only tomorrow. TDs aren't effective without the key decision maker/influencer participating in it.

I don't see myself deciding on my choice anytime soon, again because of 3 other developments.

1. Emergence of the new 'virus' on the thread (Mitsu Cedia) thanks to RajaTaurus and others. Either it has to quarantined/removed or incorporated into the system. Untill such time have to juggle with this third ball.
2. Price revision of all the cars. Have to see how much extra each of these cars now costs us.
3. A host of new cars (hatchbacks & sedans) slated to be released this month (starting with the auto expo show in Delhi next week). (Srini, you were right in your speculation there ).

So, pls. bear with me till then and pls. continue giving me your valuable suggestions/feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish.thomas View Post
sathya,
I purchased my Verna sx CRDI with ABS in Sept and they have no rear discs. Mine is a manual transmission and the power surge is amazing, it can give you a real feel good factor. BUT above 120/140 Kmph it behaves like a ship in storm when braked. The rear of the car seems to have a mind of its own. Otherwise its a good car and if you want a diesel you hardly have any choice. The city mileage is just above 10 but on highways it returns above 17.
@Manish/canonball: So, Verna comes with rear discs only in the A/T and not in the manual CRDI SX one?
sathya79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 10:55   #74
BHPian

sathya,

If you are waiting for new releases, 10 lakhs may not be enough. You may have to try and stretch your budget.

Anyway, keep us posted on your decision.

All the best.
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:40   #75
Senior - BHPian

Guna it is Triptronic, and what i found (stated earlier) is the low/slow response time when changing gears using paddle shift i.e blank spots/nothing happens for a few mili seconds between your finger paddle shifting and the gears actually shifting a characteristic very very important in trips (an integral part of having paddle othwerwise you might as well move the shift lever mannually as done in conventional auto's) which 99.9 percent manufacturers offering have got it right baring ANHC. In ANHC you make faster shifts by mannually moving the selector lever which questions the reason for a paddle shift - therefore more known as a gizmo feel good - drive some german (MB/Beemer etc paddle shift you will get what I am saying)

Sathya I suppose the 4 discs are only on A/T check the website though I think if the model has ABS it should have 4 discs I never noticed as I was only looking at A/T. Give me a shout if you need help with A/T will press some buttons if you like

I too thought of waiting for 2010 launches but 99.9 % are hatch's, few in Diesel. The only sedan is Altis which will start deliveries in July!! still no word if it will come with A/t like the petrol expect price to be 3 to 4% cheaper than laura which is 16 lacs !!

Last edited by canonball : 3rd January 2010 at 19:48.
canonball is offline   Reply With Quote