Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 29th December 2009, 13:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
I think that mid 2010 is a reasonable timeframe. I have heard rumours of Mar/April - expectations of the Raima staff in Hyd. Add another 3-4 months for cushion and mid 2010 seems realistic.

Also, after reading all the people quoting 50k discount, I feel miserable. I did some prelim bargaining and just got 15-20k discount I think. I paid ~ 10.8 on road.
Maya Motors Sales guy told me that a New car (Not the Lancer / Cedia) is going to be launched by Mitsubishi in Japan and the same would be launched in India by Oct-Nov of 2010. Wonder which New Car it could be. but then, Evo-X is coming as CBU in mid 2010, this he almost confirmed.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 05:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartho View Post
@khoj

Congratulations on your new car ! Would love to see your car in person, hopefully at the meet... but where can i find the details of the meet ?

My car is Ashton grey, have a few pics and my initial ownership report (after 1000 kms service) in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...al-report.html (My new Mitsubishi Cedia: Initial Report)

Your deal seems very good to me, over here, the final deal for the sports was around 11.05 including Octroi, regn & insurance... so your grin is totally justified... its a kill for a VFM ride... enjoy !
kartho,

Lovely colour the Ashton Grey and I just dig the alloys on your spirit. I will have to drive my Cedia from Delhi to Bombay and this might happen in Jan end/Feb beginning so maybe on the next meet. On this meet though you can catch up with my Swift Zxi and the meet details are here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-2010-a-2.html (Mumbai-Pune Meet on Sat 16th or Sun 17th Jan 2010)

I will look out for the Ashton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Congradulation Khoj and i'm sure you going to love that cedia!
No thanks and all man, give me treat!!!

Cheers,
L&S.
L&S, done deal man! On my next trip to Madras Or if you are going to be in Bombay/ Delhi give me a holler you have my cell no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairanupg View Post
Awesome decision mate; thats one hell of a ride you have there and a pretty good deal too...Only hope you have enough oppurtunities and make optimum use of the cars capabilities. Drive safe; Drive happy.
Long drives are the reason that I wanted this car. My work necessitates a drive of approx 400 to 500 kms a week and I was sorely missing my '98 OHC, trust the Blue Streak will fill that void. In fact the car will start its journey with a Delhi Bombay run in the coming month(s). I believe I should be able to enjoy the automobile to the hilt.

Quote:
Press for more discounts mate; the 30K discount quoted now is very normal. Push for more discounts or wait until March 2010; that way you will get a 2010 vehicle.
Even better would be to hunt for used Cedia. a two year old one could be yours for half the price. The Car depreciates like nobody's business.
See the final numbers, I think I have quite a handsome deal and I did not want to keep on squeezing beyond a point. 2010 vehicle would have been better from resale point of view but I have no intentions of selling this one. Also I fell in love with the colour as soon as I saw the snap sent by HM. I would have bought it even if they had not offered any discounts. I know it is a heart decision but whenevr I have bought a car listening to my heart ('96 Zen; '98 OHC;'06 Aveo1.6LT option pack) I have been very happy with the cars rather than when I have bought them based on a head decision ('04 NHC; '08 Swift Zxi). Besides used cars are not my cup of tea, though my first was a used M800 with an original Suzuki block bought in 1993. After that bought a new one every time.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 08:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Thanks kartho and congratulations on your Cedia too. What colour is it? some snaps if possible and maybe we will meet at Tony's dhaba in case you are attending the meet on Jan 16/17th.

I appreciate your inputs on the headlights and am retaining the same.

Guys, I finalized the deal and will be getting the delivery on the 4th of Jan. The deal is
Ex Showroom 9.9L less 35K
Insurance @ 22.5K from the dealer
One year extended warranty worth 6.5K
Accessories: Floor & boot mat, body cover, mesh grill or mud flaps. Total worth? anyone!
Ear to Ear grin on my face PRICELESS
For everything else : There is the PDI (fingers crossed)

Thank you all of you for your inputs and a special thanks to you 'lancer&shogun' for your valued support sincerely appreciate it.

@KHOJ

CONGRATS on your new buy..

CEDIA = WORTH YOU SPENT..

do post ur pics..i am eager to see the BLUE STREAK!!!..i believe..its the same outlander colour

i am talking to local MAYA MOTORS for getting my CIVIC coloured with the same BLUE
deepanonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

@khoj wow, that is a great deal. the car looks superb in blue - never thought the blue will be so good on this car.

Congratz on your buy - you have got yourself a very potent machine. (If i am to buy a car in 10L bracket now, it will be Cedia Sport, I just love the car)

Waiting for the snaps. Do update the 'delhi-mumbai' drive report, as and when it happen.
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 10:40   #35
BHPian

Quote:
kartho,

Lovely colour the Ashton Grey and I just dig the alloys on your spirit. I will have to drive my Cedia from Delhi to Bombay and this might happen in Jan end/Feb beginning so maybe on the next meet. On this meet though you can catch up with my Swift Zxi and the meet details are here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...-2010-a-2.html (Mumbai-Pune Meet on Sat 16th or Sun 17th Jan 2010)

Thank you Khoj for your compliments and the info on the meet too ! Looking forward for my first meet with you guys and yes would miss your blue streak @ the meet...
kartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:

L&S, done deal man! On my next trip to Madras Or if you are going to be in Bombay/ Delhi give me a holler you have my cell no.
Done, don't forget to upload the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
@KHOJ

i am talking to local MAYA MOTORS for getting my CIVIC coloured with the same BLUE
Deepan, find out the shade name and number and talk to Capital honda/BMW. I heard that they are doing a very good job in painting.

Cheers,
L&S.
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:16   #37
BHPian

Congrats Khoj on your new Cedia purchase. It's one of my favourite cars in India.
akas_chauhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 11:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
kartho,

Long drives are the reason that I wanted this car. My work necessitates a drive of approx 400 to 500 kms a week and I was sorely missing my '98 OHC, trust the Blue Streak will fill that void. In fact the car will start its journey with a Delhi Bombay run in the coming month(s). I believe I should be able to enjoy the automobile to the hilt.
Just Perfect! start a ride in one of the most comfortable Higway runner with a trip from Delhi to Mumbai. I am sure you will love it.

Congratulations
Drive Safe. Try to be comfortable with car before you hit the highway. May be a 20-30 kms local ride.

I am just too eager to see a blue sports cedia, never seen one. Where from Delhi are you buying the car, Asian Motors or Excel. If its Asian, I would love to drop in to see it, if you dont mind!

Take care and All the best.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 30th December 2009 at 11:49.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 14:11   #39
BHPian

Quote:
kartho,

See the final numbers, I think I have quite a handsome deal and I did not want to keep on squeezing beyond a point. 2010 vehicle would have been better from resale point of view but I have no intentions of selling this one. Also I fell in love with the colour as soon as I saw the snap sent by HM. I would have bought it even if they had not offered any discounts. I know it is a heart decision but whenevr I have bought a car listening to my heart ('96 Zen; '98 OHC;'06 Aveo1.6LT option pack) I have been very happy with the cars rather than when I have bought them based on a head decision ('04 NHC; '08 Swift Zxi). Besides used cars are not my cup of tea, though my first was a used M800 with an original Suzuki block bought in 1993. After that bought a new one every time.
I know exactly what you mean and second everything you said on the "heart Vs Brain" debate.
Cedia; I'd say a perfect driver's car anyday and pardon me the second hand comment too; it was all in a lighter vein.
and yes the final numbers do look mean. A very respectable deal i must say.
So start posting snaps ASAP and congrats for the blue beauty.

Last edited by nairanupg : 30th December 2009 at 14:12.
nairanupg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 00:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
@KHOJ

CONGRATS on your new buy..

CEDIA = WORTH YOU SPENT..

do post ur pics..i am eager to see the BLUE STREAK!!!..i believe..its the same outlander colour

@deepanonline Thank you man. It is great to note that the blue streak is catching the fancy of one and all. The Outlander is available in a slightly different shade called 'River Blue'. For the Civic I suggest you also take a look at the 'Nordic Blue' that is available on the Cedia spirit and the 'Navy Blue' from the Pajero. In my opinion since these are dark and darker shades respectively they will make the Civics rear look taut and sharp. Do let us know your final selection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
@khoj wow, that is a great deal. the car looks superb in blue - never thought the blue will be so good on this car.

Congratz on your buy - you have got yourself a very potent machine. (If i am to buy a car in 10L bracket now, it will be Cedia Sport, I just love the car)

Waiting for the snaps. Do update the 'delhi-mumbai' drive report, as and when it happen.
@theexperthand Thanks and I will update the delhi-mumbai run. Elsewhere on the forum I am trying to plan a Delhi - Tatanagar - Delhi trip in February before I drive to Mumbai. Maybe that gets updated first, let us see how that goes.
BTW do I see a P.G.Wodehouse connection with your Honda Unicorn?

Quote:
Thank you Khoj for your compliments and the info on the meet too ! Looking forward for my first meet with you guys and yes would miss your blue streak @ the meet...
@kartho It will be my first meet too, unless I am able to do the one in Delhi too on the 9th but that seems unlikely.
BTW are you running stock tires? what make/size did you get. My car will come with Bridgestone RE88s and I am thinking of going for Continental Premium Contact 2 in either stock or 205/55/R15 mounted on the OE OZ alloys. What is your take on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Congrats Khoj on your new Cedia purchase. It's one of my favourite cars in India.
@akas_chauhan Thanks. My favourite too in the www(whole wide world)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Just Perfect! start a ride in one of the most comfortable Higway runner with a trip from Delhi to Mumbai. I am sure you will love it.

Congratulations
Drive Safe. Try to be comfortable with car before you hit the highway. May be a 20-30 kms local ride.

I am just too eager to see a blue sports cedia, never seen one. Where from Delhi are you buying the car, Asian Motors or Excel. If its Asian, I would love to drop in to see it, if you dont mind!

Take care and All the best.
@ gaurav_chopra04 Thanks for all of your wishes. HM has routed the sale through Excel. If you have the time I would appreciate if you could join me for a pdi on the coming Monday/Tuesday i.e. 4th or 5th. I will get to know the final date late on Sunday. If interested pm me with your cell no and we could tie up the loose ends.

I will have time to get familiar with the car before the trip. incidentally I have done the Mumbai Delhi Mumbai twice before. Once in my 1996 Zen(still in active duty) prior to the GQ being built and then again in my 1998 OHC(now sold) while the GQ was being built.

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean and second everything you said on the "heart Vs Brain" debate.
Cedia; I'd say a perfect driver's car anyday and pardon me the second hand comment too; it was all in a lighter vein. NO problem buddy, no offence taken.
and yes the final numbers do look mean. A very respectable deal i must say.
So start posting snaps ASAP and congrats for the blue beauty.
It is great to note that we are on the same page on the Heart vs Head thing. I will post snaps ASAP and thank you again for your kind wishes

Last edited by khoj : 3rd January 2010 at 00:39.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 11:59   #41
BHPian

Quote:
@kartho It will be my first meet too, unless I am able to do the one in Delhi too on the 9th but that seems unlikely.
BTW are you running stock tires? what make/size did you get. My car will come with Bridgestone RE88s and I am thinking of going for Continental Premium Contact 2 in either stock or 205/55/R15 mounted on the OE OZ alloys. What is your take on that?

I will post snaps ASAP and thank you again for your kind wishes
Yes, I am running stock tyres only, after reading a few posts on TBHP I had decided to get the tyres changed to Michelin PPS2 or Yokohama, but the MITSU dealer insisted that the stock tyres (Bridgestone 195/60R15) are the best for this car and he advised not to make any chages. So, I decided to let it run for a few months and then take a call... till now, I am quite happy with the tyres, especially in city traffic I just love these tyres... If you will be doing a lot of Highway drives, then you may be better off with Michelin (is what i hear), but i am not a tyre expert. So, please check with Gaurav, Reignofchaos & RajaTaurus on this subject for their expert advice. But to me, as a layman, i just love the stock tyres the way they are and may not go for a change !

Do let us know updates on your Car delivery, all the best !
For info- everything was fine with my car at the time of PDI, except for a couple of minor scratches which the dealer has undertaken to re-paint during next service or anytime i wish. The other issue was the wheel alignment, the car was dragging to the right, after a lot of investigation, they said the suspension has to be opened and fit again, after they did this, the car has become even more smooth and speed/pick up has greatly increased... so, you may want to watch out for this as well. Good luck
kartho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 12:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
--- So, please check with Gaurav, Reignofchaos & RajaTaurus on this subject for their expert advice. But to me, as a layman, i just love the stock tyres the way they are and may not go for a change !
+1 from me here. Stock tyres are just great (Bridgestone Potenza-III RE88). I haven't changed, now 2+ years and 15k on the Odo. Only thing I do, is to keep the pressure at 28 psi for city drives and up it to 30 psi when I do highways. It just glides and surprisingly minimum tyre noise even at 130 Klick speeds. Within city, 30 psi with only me in car rides really rough, while 28 psi is gives soft ride.

Going for 205/55/R15 would compromise on mileage, though your grip and comfort would increase. However, IMO, 195/60/R15 is more than sufficient for this car.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 4th January 2010 at 12:38.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 12:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW do I see a P.G.Wodehouse connection with your Honda Unicorn?
yeah - I am a big PGW fan, and named my bike after Mr.Reginald Jeeves, the master Butler
(btw, how did you figure out the PGW connection? )

Are you a PGW fan?

Last edited by theexperthand : 4th January 2010 at 12:55.
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 13:06   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am currently running on the stock Bridgestones (195/60/R15, RE88), its been more than 40k kms and now its time for a change. though the current ones can still last another 5-7k kms. I plan to get the car a set of yokohama S drives (205/55/R15 or 205/60/R15, still to decide, waiting for some moolah, booked a swift Vdi so all my money going there as of now)

the stock tyres are good for the car, decent grip and decent comfort (kinda best of both worlds). However, if you love to corner a lot and drive frequently over 100-120, I would suggest you change the tyre, else I believe they are good. Also if you plan to change the tyres, get them changed as soon as you get the car, will fetch you good money as they will be new. If you change the tyres after running on them, they wont fetch even 30% of the price.

Also, my cousinís cedia runs on good year 205/55/R16s (yes 16s, its not a typo), and the FE decrease is very marginal but handling is excellent. However, itís a bit bumpy as well. I suggest if you upgrade get yourself a set of 205/60/R15 (Yokohama S drives or Michelin PPS2) for both good ride and handling. If you have more budget, Advans would work wonders.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 14:33   #45
BHPian

@Khoj. Mr Goyal, who is sales head of excel motors is a very nice guy. You may quote my reference as he respects me a lot. Excel Motors' service is also very nice, there service head SN Sharma has eye for detail but needs a little push. Insist on being present during the first service at least.

I am very happy with my Cedia Sports purchase through them and service for both invex and Cedia.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote