Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 6th February 2010, 15:39   #1
Default Manza Aura Qjd or DZire Vdi??

I guess that this topic is too old for discussion (as i have gone through the forums and have found threads existing. Mods excuse this newbie and feel free to shift it to other forums as i am not sure if this is the right forum), but, i really need advice between the two cars.

I intend to buy a new car. After a lot of research (more than 2 months and waiting for membership approval), i have kind of short listed Dzire and Manza (both diesel). I had originally planned for a hatchback but Dad/Sister did not agree. He said "people graduate from hatchback to sedan and you want to go from sedan to hatchback"!! (I own a Maruti Esteem).

My budget is 6 to 6.75 lacs and i have not considered Ford Ikon (D) for its old looks, no new features and service is questionable. Incidentally that was the only other sedan in that price range.

Daily travel will be anywhere between 60-75 Kms every day, of which 75% is city and 25% is highway.

Mostly self driven (70%). Though right now i have a chauffer.

No designated parking place and will be parked on roads.. Specially Mumbai people will understand as to how it is to park cars in Bandra to Andheri area.

Ownership Period:
I will be keeping the vehicle for atleast 4 years.

Other considerations:

Low maintenance costs. High FE. Trouble free driving experience.

On a personal level, i have TD both cars and found both to be extremely efficient and practical. Look and waiting period wise i am not in favour of DZire and Manza looks huge for only one person. (confusion reason No. 1)

The driving scene is changing pretty fast and i feel everyday that more cars are on road than the earlier day and if i go for Manza, where will my car fit in traffic chaos!! (confusion reason No. 2)

My friend who recently bought a Linea top end is insisting on Manza and he also TD it. His opinion is for approximately same price, you are getting a new car minus the waiting period and more features. (confusion reason No. 3)

Please advice as i intend to book the car in a few days.

Esteemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 22:23   #2
Default re

Please use the search button before creating a new thread. This has been discussed here (Which Car is better : Maruti Dzire Vdi or Tata Manza Aura?) in detail.
Mod, can you please close this thread?

Last edited by mohandas : 6th February 2010 at 22:40.
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote