Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 6th February 2010, 15:39   #1

Default Manza Aura Qjd or DZire Vdi??

I guess that this topic is too old for discussion (as i have gone through the forums and have found threads existing. Mods excuse this newbie and feel free to shift it to other forums as i am not sure if this is the right forum), but, i really need advice between the two cars.

I intend to buy a new car. After a lot of research (more than 2 months and waiting for membership approval), i have kind of short listed Dzire and Manza (both diesel). I had originally planned for a hatchback but Dad/Sister did not agree. He said "people graduate from hatchback to sedan and you want to go from sedan to hatchback"!! (I own a Maruti Esteem).

My budget is 6 to 6.75 lacs and i have not considered Ford Ikon (D) for its old looks, no new features and service is questionable. Incidentally that was the only other sedan in that price range.

Distance
:
Daily travel will be anywhere between 60-75 Kms every day, of which 75% is city and 25% is highway.

Driving:

Mostly self driven (70%). Though right now i have a chauffer.

Parking:
No designated parking place and will be parked on roads.. Specially Mumbai people will understand as to how it is to park cars in Bandra to Andheri area.

Ownership Period:
I will be keeping the vehicle for atleast 4 years.

Other considerations:

Low maintenance costs. High FE. Trouble free driving experience.

On a personal level, i have TD both cars and found both to be extremely efficient and practical. Look and waiting period wise i am not in favour of DZire and Manza looks huge for only one person. (confusion reason No. 1)

The driving scene is changing pretty fast and i feel everyday that more cars are on road than the earlier day and if i go for Manza, where will my car fit in traffic chaos!! (confusion reason No. 2)

My friend who recently bought a Linea top end is insisting on Manza and he also TD it. His opinion is for approximately same price, you are getting a new car minus the waiting period and more features. (confusion reason No. 3)

Please advice as i intend to book the car in a few days.

Thanks.
Esteemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 22:23   #2
BHPian

Default re

Please use the search button before creating a new thread. This has been discussed here (Which Car is better : Maruti Dzire Vdi or Tata Manza Aura?) in detail.
Mod, can you please close this thread?

Last edited by mohandas : 6th February 2010 at 22:40.
mohandas is offline   Reply With Quote