Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 14th April 2010, 19:58   #136
BHPian

Well guys
I have managed to stretch my budget a little. The contenders now are
1. VW Passat
2. Nissan Teana XL.

Pour in your thoughts guys. Also any concrete information on the "rumour" that Nissan prices are going to fall as it shift from CBU to CKD??
punitkakri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 08:58   #137
BHPian

If these are your choices for new vehicles ill advise you to have a look at BMW 3 series well (The corporate edition is very well priced). On other hand Honda Accord is a Delhi favorite as far as the D segment goes.
Zero Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 15:50   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punitkakri View Post
Well guys
I have managed to stretch my budget a little. The contenders now are
1. VW Passat
2. Nissan Teana XL.

Pour in your thoughts guys. Also any concrete information on the "rumour" that Nissan prices are going to fall as it shift from CBU to CKD??
Nissan Teana simply because it is equipped with the Auto box.

I have been in Delhi since the last week after a gap of a month and the traffic seems to have gone from bad to worse and will continue to go downhill. Trust me anyone who can afford it would not want to be stuck in this kind of traffic with a manual tranny.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2010, 16:04   #139
BHPian

Between the two I would say go for the Passat... more reliable in terms of service over nissan and I feel VW is a better brand in this segment and in India over Nissan. In terms of the drive, honestly both the cars are good in their own way but VW has a better brand value.
subodh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 09:52   #140
BHPian

Hmm....Now guys any news on the anticipated Nissan price cut?? Amy definite sources???
Old 21st April 2010, 11:57   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm....Now guys any news on the anticipated Nissan price cut?? Amy definite sources???
Have you tried the new 1.8 TSi passat already? I saw it parked outside the showroom when I passed by this morning.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:24   #142
evo
BHPian

The Teana for its amazing amazing backseat. Was riding with a FatCat recently who had a Teana. It was super brilliant.

I would never buy it to drive it, but if "back is beautiful", then go for it !

A 3 series is like a matchbox at the back as compared to the Teana. And the Passat isnt fun to drive nor does it have a backseat that makes you feel like you are in a different planet from the road outside.
evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 20:54   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
Have you tried the new 1.8 TSi passat already? I saw it parked outside the showroom when I passed by this morning.
Well have a test drive scheduled for Tomorrow. Lets see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
The Teana for its amazing amazing backseat. Was riding with a FatCat recently who had a Teana. It was super brilliant.

I would never buy it to drive it, but if "back is beautiful", then go for it !

A 3 series is like a matchbox at the back as compared to the Teana. And the Passat isnt fun to drive nor does it have a backseat that makes you feel like you are in a different planet from the road outside.
Well i`m planning to drive the Teana tomorrow as well. Head to Head comparison would be good!!
Old 24th April 2010, 23:55   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2. Nissan Teana XL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
The Teana for its amazing amazing backseat.
It has an excellent front passenger seat too with a nice leg rest like my arm chair at home. Comfy is the operative word. I went to sleep for the entire drive and woke refreshed at my destination.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 12:13   #145
BHPian

Default Amazing Teana

I have not been in a Passat but I did have the pleasure of driving from Delhi to Jaipur in a Teana, both in the front passenger seat and in the rear. It simply was an amazing experience and IMHO blew the Mercedes E-class away in ride quality. So if you were mainly chauffeur driven I would unhesitatingly recommend it.

However the car will also be self-driven in Delhi quite a bit and my own personal view is that it might be a little too big for the city. It's not much of a handler or easy to manoevre around and I suspect the Passat might be better from that point of view.

Of course nothing like trying out the cars and deciding for yourself.
Car Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 13:28   #146
Senior - BHPian

I have driven the Teana extensively on my trips to Delhi and like a typical Japanese sedan it does not feel huge to handle from the driver's seat. Heck my sister in law handles it with aplomb all over DLF including the infamous "mall mile" and the Mehrauli Gurgaon road etc.

Go ahead with the test drive and check it out for yourself.
Old 6th May 2010, 08:54   #147
BHPian

Well the Passat 1.8 Tsi is a great drive. So is the superb. I felt slight issues with the Teana. I felt as if the size was big. We`ll i was kinda shocked to find that Teana comes without parking sensors. Also there are lots of stories floating around that the price may fall. I guess i`ll wait a bit more. If teana comes anywhere close to 18L i`ll mop it up.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:06   #148
BHPian

Default Got the delivery

I've taken delivery of my Jetta Comfortline 2.0L CRDi MT (heaven blue color) on Monday May 3rd 2010. Have driven almost 500km in the last 4 days. A decently detailed report is pending. Haven't had the time the whole of this week since have been held up with piles of work at office. Will soon put up a thread and give a link here.
deepakchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 14:58   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've taken delivery of my Jetta Comfortline 2.0L CRDi MT (heaven blue color) on Monday May 3rd 2010. Have driven almost 500km in the last 4 days. A decently detailed report is pending. Haven't had the time the whole of this week since have been held up with piles of work at office. Will soon put up a thread and give a link here.
Arre Waah! Congratulations deepakchan. I believe it would be the first crdi Jetta on the forum. Will look forward to your reviw, be sure to include a lot of photographs.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:36   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Heartiest Congratulations. Cant wait for your review.