Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 20th September 2005, 12:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
Why listen to the daily clutter of the engine when it's not really saving you big time on running costs.
Hey! I don't think the CRDI clatters dude.
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2005, 12:39   #32
Senior - BHPian

If it comes to voting, here would be my take :-)

1) NHC : Refinement, plush interiors, big car feel and looks, status symbol (your dad would prefer to be seen in NHC than an Accent or Baleno), FE, piece of mind.
2) Optra 1.6 : Not sure if that fits in your budget. GM's A/S/S is suspect and so will be maintenance. FE is not great either.

Since your father is not going to drive much, diesel may not make much sense. He is not going to drive on highway much and neither is he a power freak, which takes care of percieved weaknesses of NHC. In all respects, NHC sounds like a good buy for his requirements.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2005, 18:42   #33
Senior - BHPian

here is my opinion

buy what your heart says is the best. If your heart says accent crdi stick to it. If your heart says honda city stick to that.

accent doenst clatter at all. It lives the life of a petrol except that it drinks diesel.

but yeah if you buy an accent for more than 7lacs I will suggest you just stretch it a bit and go for the base model elantra. Its worth each and every penny.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2005, 18:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

accent doenst clatter at all. It lives the life of a petrol except that it drinks diesel.
Oh...comeon...it clatters at every start and you can tell with your eyes closed that you are in a diesel...even after it has smoothened down...
agree with the performnce but the clatter is present...though not obstrusive...on the other hand if you are likely to do more short trips then you will hear more clatter since the engine will not get nuf time to warm up....clatter subsides by a gr8 deal if the engine warms up...
but you will always be aware of being in a diesel...
Agree with the heart bit 100%....you must buy what your heart asks you to...

Last edited by Buffetfan : 20th September 2005 at 19:00.
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2005, 19:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

I have never owned one but I have test driven one and a relative of mine owns it. Been into the car a couple of times. Never felt that it was a diesal.

The crdi technology doesnt need to warm up to perform.That's y its better than the normal IDI.
Old 21st September 2005, 00:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hey! I don't think the CRDI clatters dude

You must be kidding right. Ofcourse it does- not like the cacophony of the crude diesel's in the Indica, but it still does.

Try driving with the windows down and you will know.
Or try driving late on the highways without the music on. Or try going for short trips in the morning when the engine is cold and you will know.

Quote:
NHC : Refinement, plush interiors, big car feel and looks
Dunno why people say big car feel for the NHC. From the outside it looks like 2 small cars botched together masquerading as a C+ segmant car.

Quote:
No it doesn't. No diesel car does. The maintenance wearing of the parts is more.

I have nothing against Accent Crdi, but it's not worth it for someone who does the mileage that his dad does.

My vote would still be to wait and watch till the festivals if possible.
imjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 00:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

tell me one thing.

u said crdi clatters

u said crdi has high maintainence.

then how come people buycrdi and prefer it against the IDI.

u must have driven the old accent diesal and not the crdi.

I am not a hyundai fan but crdi is really a good car. Elantra even tops the accent
Old 21st September 2005, 01:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dunno why people say big car feel for the NHC. From the outside it looks like 2 small cars botched together masquerading as a C+ segmant car
Coz it indeed is a big one :-) But looks? Yes, they can be subjective.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 03:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tell me one thing.

u said crdi clatters

u said crdi has high maintainence.

then how come people buycrdi and prefer it against the IDI.
Clatter has nothing to do with people buying a vehicle..people also buy the Mahindra Jeeps..right...does nto mean they do not clatter...including scorpio...I have also driven CRDis and still feel the difference compareds to Petrol

Quote:
u must have driven the old accent diesal and not the crdi.
Crdi...not DLS

Quote:
I am not a hyundai fan but crdi is really a good car. Elantra even tops the accent
Agree that Crdi is a good car...but it makes more noise than a petrol car...have one in your underground parkign lot ant start it on a winter morning..you will know what clatter means!!
Buffetfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 11:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

see crdi is a diesel so it has its shorcomings. But now I wouldnt want to comapare each and every decibel of sound.

secondly crdi lies somewhere in between the IDI and petrol. Hence it is a mix of both . It has its shorcomings too but it makes a great buy just because it runs "LIKE" a petrol but runs on diesel.
Old 21st September 2005, 11:35   #41
BHPian

Lightbulb

you guys are just giving a hard time for amitoj!!!!
lets not take this to the clatter of DLS and CRDi ...
i feel the NHC should be the best bet for his dad, coz the advantage of diesel is definitely for long runs (which he would not)
so it's good to stick to the NHC or prolly the new NHC (VTEC IMO).. that should be a good choice!!

ak
AvinashKeezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 12:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashKeezh
you guys are just giving a hard time for amitoj!!!!
lets not take this to the clatter of DLS and CRDi ...
i feel the NHC should be the best bet for his dad, coz the advantage of diesel is definitely for long runs (which he would not)
so it's good to stick to the NHC or prolly the new NHC (VTEC IMO).. that should be a good choice!!

ak
No problemo about hard time avinash... the more points of view me n my dad get, the better it equips us to make a decision.

Many have suggested to go for optra 1.6 base... but any more stretching of budget isnt possible right now.

Anyways, just got a call from my dad. He has booked NHC gxi today. Well, agreed its not a perfect car, but then again, which car is??

Now i gotta plan a trip to my hometown

Cheers
Amitoj
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 12:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You must be kidding right. Ofcourse it does- not like the cacophony of the crude diesel's in the Indica, but it still does.
Ahhhh ... the relative clatter. Well if it aint as bad as an IDI and gives a performance bettering some Petrol cars, then what is the problem dude?
typeOnegative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 21:14   #44
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the Ford Ikon 1.3 at Rs 5.5L.
It is rumoured to have better FE then the accent (considering that the Ikon 1.6 gave us 8.5, i guess 1.3 will give 9.5 in city) which is meant to give less then ikon 1.6 according to ACI (and our figures are spot on with ACI's figures).
Your dad saves 1.5L and gets a car with as good rear seat comfort, slightly better performance and all the virtues of the NHC minus the FE and interiors.
He could also consider the Lancer.
Heavy discounts have gotten the price to 6 - 6.5L now and it gives an average of 10 on daily basis.
It looks good too, you will enjoy driving it and your father sitting in it.
I would have ideally recommended the Optra 1.6 which is my hot fav. in the seg but FE is not as good as Honda's though it better the Honda on everything else.

I would reccomend the Lancer though overall. It fits perfectly into his budget and has everything he would want.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2005, 21:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

I was gonna say that but didnt know the price of a new lancer 1.5.

MIne gives me 14 consistently in the city which is as good as the NHC. while the interiors are plain you get more performance and space and comfort.

Take a test drive and decide for yourself.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 21st September 2005 at 21:31.