Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 26th February 2010, 01:59   #1
BHPian

Default SX4 VVT or ANHC

There are a lot of threads dedicated to the above discussion. But I am looking for a head to head ONLY of the above 2 cars. Kindly do not give a 3rd option.
It will be a company owned car and only the above 2 options are given with no choice of the 3rd.

I want to know the reasons why I should take one car over the other.

The reasons which SHOULD NOT be considered for selection are
1. Cost of the car (company paying the money)
2. Looks (Since i like both look-wise)

I will not give any personal opinions here, but whatever the members decide here with substantial weight will be my choice. I will act on the decision without any though process (read blindly)
Old 26th February 2010, 05:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you are not bothered about the costs then, Honda City is the car for you.
Old 26th February 2010, 08:30   #3
BHPian

ANHC anyday for the quality and refinement it offers. You will have a trouble free car for many years.
If at all you look for VFM etc etc, only then you need to look at the SX4. Moreover, there are many threads already existing with comparison, if you look through them, you will find answers.

Last edited by Laxminarayan : 26th February 2010 at 08:31. Reason: added some more
Old 26th February 2010, 11:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

I do not know what the exact Ex Showroom costs of both vehicles. BUT all I will say is that I have driven both cars enough for me to say that it should be the ANHC without a second doubt.

If you go for the top end variant of the ANHC it now comes with Alloys & few other bits. Though a bit overpriced I feel which is the case with all Hondas in India - what you get when you buy a Honda here is Absolutely excellent Resale Value and you cannot ignore that fact !

Honda's have excellent Resale value specially all the generations of Cities. They get sold wihin moments of being on the resale market

The ANHC looks fabulous and drives well. It gives a very sporty look from the front. Even though I own a Verna ( only because I needed a Diesel ). If I ever buy a Petrol sedan this side of 10 lakhs it will be the City without a second thought.

The only reason I did not pick the SX4 is because Maruti's build quality remains flimsy & tacky to date. Otherwise an excellent looking macho Sedan the SX4 is.

Another point where the SX4 loses out to the Honda City is the Fuel Efficiency. The ANHC will easily give you 14 - 15 kpl with mixed driving ( Highway / City ) whereas the SX4 I am informed will not give you anything more than 10 kpl since it's a fuel guzzler due to the sheer size and massive tyres. If you want you can check with actual ownership reports here on the forum as this info I have only heard and cannot backup with actual data.

So for me It will be the ANHC.
Old 26th February 2010, 11:46   #5
BHPian

ANHC without any second thought as price is not a barrier for you, engine is a gem, makes a mark.

If you look for VFM, then SX4,
Old 26th February 2010, 12:41   #6
BHPian

1. i am not sure why the resale is such a big factor here where the ex-showr0om price of the honda 1.5 V MT is 9.13 Lakhs (pune) whereas the same for sx4 is 7.6 Lakhs (pune) - 1.5 lakhs more so obviously the resale value will be more.

2. Mileage from honda is 14 (mix of city and highway driving) whereas with the new engine the SX4 is around 11-12 (same conditions). If you drive nearly 90-100kms daily this is a factor but with 40-50kms daily usage the argument of fuel costs saved does not hold value.

3. ground clearance wise sx4 is a boon if you travel outside town - bad roads are no problem for the sx4.

My take: Buy a sx4 - invest the 1.5 in a good scheme to get better returns (provided you have all the cash to buy a honda). And if you are taking a big loan - please work out the numbers. There have been numerous instances with my colleagues wanting to buy a diesel car with average monthly running of 1200kms odd, who wanted to finance 40-50% of the vehicle costs (Dzire D vs P k series) - never looked at the actual cost payout over the entire loan period.

PS: Honda is more refined, comfortable (albeit slightly) - over to you to decide what is good for you. Do you own math.....
Old 26th February 2010, 13:09   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
If you are not bothered about the costs then, Honda City is the car for you.
Honda City - 1
SX4 VVT - 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan View Post
ANHC anyday for the quality and refinement it offers. You will have a trouble free car for many years.
If at all you look for VFM etc etc, only then you need to look at the SX4. Moreover, there are many threads already existing with comparison, if you look through them, you will find answers.
Honda City - 2
SX4 VVT - 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
I do not know what the exact Ex Showroom costs of both vehicles. BUT all I will say is that I have driven both cars enough for me to say that it should be the ANHC without a second doubt.

If you go for the top end variant of the ANHC it now comes with Alloys & few other bits. Though a bit overpriced I feel which is the case with all Hondas in India - what you get when you buy a Honda here is Absolutely excellent Resale Value and you cannot ignore that fact !

Honda's have excellent Resale value specially all the generations of Cities. They get sold wihin moments of being on the resale market

The ANHC looks fabulous and drives well. It gives a very sporty look from the front. Even though I own a Verna ( only because I needed a Diesel ). If I ever buy a Petrol sedan this side of 10 lakhs it will be the City without a second thought.

The only reason I did not pick the SX4 is because Maruti's build quality remains flimsy & tacky to date. Otherwise an excellent looking macho Sedan the SX4 is.

Another point where the SX4 loses out to the Honda City is the Fuel Efficiency. The ANHC will easily give you 14 - 15 kpl with mixed driving ( Highway / City ) whereas the SX4 I am informed will not give you anything more than 10 kpl since it's a fuel guzzler due to the sheer size and massive tyres. If you want you can check with actual ownership reports here on the forum as this info I have only heard and cannot backup with actual data.

So for me It will be the ANHC.
Honda City - 3
SX4 VVT - 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
ANHC without any second thought as price is not a barrier for you, engine is a gem, makes a mark.

If you look for VFM, then SX4,
Honda City - 4
SX4 VVT - 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprateep View Post
1. i am not sure why the resale is such a big factor here where the ex-showr0om price of the honda 1.5 V MT is 9.13 Lakhs (pune) whereas the same for sx4 is 7.6 Lakhs (pune) - 1.5 lakhs more so obviously the resale value will be more.

2. Mileage from honda is 14 (mix of city and highway driving) whereas with the new engine the SX4 is around 11-12 (same conditions). If you drive nearly 90-100kms daily this is a factor but with 40-50kms daily usage the argument of fuel costs saved does not hold value.

3. ground clearance wise sx4 is a boon if you travel outside town - bad roads are no problem for the sx4.

My take: Buy a sx4 - invest the 1.5 in a good scheme to get better returns (provided you have all the cash to buy a honda). And if you are taking a big loan - please work out the numbers. There have been numerous instances with my colleagues wanting to buy a diesel car with average monthly running of 1200kms odd, who wanted to finance 40-50% of the vehicle costs (Dzire D vs P k series) - never looked at the actual cost payout over the entire loan period.

PS: Honda is more refined, comfortable (albeit slightly) - over to you to decide what is good for you. Do you own math.....
Honda City - 4
SX4 VVT - 1

But as I said earlier, the cost is not a factor here since the company is paying for the car. Say if I choose SX4 by which I save the company 1.5L, the company will not be giving me the 1.5L by cash or to spend on buying accossories. Hence that 1.5L goes as saving for the company.

But as a benefit the company will give 40K for buying accessories IRRESPECTIVE of the car I choose.

So once the car is decided, kindly do help me to decide the accessories for the car in the above budget (40K).

I missed a point in my earlier thread. I will be getting the HIGHER variant of both the cars.

Last edited by Heman : 26th February 2010 at 13:10.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:20   #8
BHPian

Wow!! Which company is this that you are working for and do they have any openings at your level?.
Just kidding, you dont have to reveal those details.

Anyways looking at all your inputs, it would be the ANHC anyday.

So yes you can make your count tally to
Honda city - 5
SX4 VVT - 1

BTW I have not driven either of the cars and the above suggestion is purely from what I have read
from this forum and heard from people/friends. Besides that is what I would have done had I been
in your shoes at this point of time.

Last edited by drvhplyevraftr : 26th February 2010 at 13:22.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Not a good way to choose car, it feels like, "I want to buy a car, tell me what others like , Sir I like XYZ because of ABC features, so please buy XYZ"

Do you have any specific likings/requirements based on which you want to take decision?

I understand looks will not decide as you like both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heman View Post
Honda City - 1
SX4 VVT - 0

Honda City - 2
SX4 VVT - 0

Honda City - 3
SX4 VVT - 0

Honda City - 4
SX4 VVT - 0

Honda City - 4
SX4 VVT - 1

Last edited by rkbharat : 26th February 2010 at 13:26.
Old 26th February 2010, 13:41   #10
Senior - BHPian

For people who do not know the history, visit this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...s-company.html (New car suggestion for Dad's Company)

so it seems, the shortlisting has been done to two cars.

personally i would like to recommend that the decision is to be left to individuals.

if i were the one who has to make the decision , it is ANHC.

so the score now is

ANHC : 6
SX4 : 1
Old 26th February 2010, 14:22   #11
Team-BHP Support

I too had the option of buying a second car from the company for the total OTR cost up to 13 Lakhs.

But, since it was tax saving that i was looking at, i opted to buy an i10 for my wife.

Since you would be driving the car and not worried about any upfront payment from your pocket. It is actually a no-brainer, its got to be an ANHC.

If i was in your shoes with option to take the OTR price a notch up, I would have bought the Chevvy Cruze. Well, then thats just me
Old 26th February 2010, 18:14   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Wow!! Which company is this that you are working for and do they have any openings at your level?.
Just kidding, you dont have to reveal those details.

Anyways looking at all your inputs, it would be the ANHC anyday.

So yes you can make your count tally to
Honda city - 5
SX4 VVT - 1

BTW I have not driven either of the cars and the above suggestion is purely from what I have read
from this forum and heard from people/friends. Besides that is what I would have done had I been
in your shoes at this point of time.
As mentioned above
Honda city - 5
SX4 VVT - 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Not a good way to choose car, it feels like, "I want to buy a car, tell me what others like , Sir I like XYZ because of ABC features, so please buy XYZ"

Do you have any specific likings/requirements based on which you want to take decision?

I understand looks will not decide as you like both
My mistake that I did not give the other link which has the shortlisting. Hence here I am only asking for opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
For people who do not know the history, visit this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...s-company.html (New car suggestion for Dad's Company)

so it seems, the shortlisting has been done to two cars.

personally i would like to recommend that the decision is to be left to individuals.

if i were the one who has to make the decision , it is ANHC.

so the score now is

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I too had the option of buying a second car from the company for the total OTR cost up to 13 Lakhs.

But, since it was tax saving that i was looking at, i opted to buy an i10 for my wife.

Since you would be driving the car and not worried about any upfront payment from your pocket. It is actually a no-brainer, its got to be an ANHC.

If i was in your shoes with option to take the OTR price a notch up, I would have bought the Chevvy Cruze. Well, then thats just me

By now it is
Old 26th February 2010, 18:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Never liked the ANHC.... although reliable, the premium is too much to pay for basically nothing you get in return. My choice would be SX4
Old 26th February 2010, 18:45   #14
BHPian

ANHC anyday... The car is amazing to drive and engine response to the feather lite throttle is an amazing feeling. When it comes to technology, Honda I-VTEC is far far ahead of the SX4.
ANHC has a better fuel efficiency for the power it delivers.

My vote: Honda ANHC I-VTEC.
Old 26th February 2010, 18:50   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Never mind the votes. Why don't you vote with your own mind? Just test drive both and see which one you'd prefer sitting in for 2 hours at least. Driver's seat and at the back. I have the same argument going with a friend who has shortlisted between the ANHC and SX4 VVT, for a car that his company is giving him, and he needs to decide by mid-March. I preferred the SX4 - it FELT nicer to drive and to be driven in. That's what matters in the end.
Closed Thread