Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 17th March 2010, 21:03   #1
BHPian

Unhappy Cedia or Lancer??

What do you guys think? Should i go for a Cedia or lancer. I am in real confusion to make the choice. Yes the specs are entirely different. But when comparing the price almost a 3 lac difference is there. Is it the worth. That is what makes me confused. Also i don't see much cedias on road. This part makes me more afraid of the parts/service costs after some year.

When comming to the lancer part even a new one is purchased it doesn't give the punch of a new one. Its in the market for the last 10 or more years. And also the new lancer is just the basic one they are selling out. Please guide me to purchase a car.

Do you guys have any other suggestion? My requirements are as below.

1. Travel will be around 1500kms per month
2. Budget is around 9. And if i get the VFM vehicle then can stretch to the max 10.
3. Will be driven by me alone and Should be a good drivers car with comfort too.
4. Sedan type only

I love the Mitsubishi. So my preferences are lancer or cedia. But i am confused due to above reasons. Suggestions please

Last edited by xenxer : 17th March 2010 at 21:04.
xenxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 21:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

If you are open to other brands, do check out the Cruze.My 2 cents. Its worth the money you pay. I have not driven either of the Mitshubishi's, hence can't comment.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 21:32   #3
BHPian

If you're inclined towards Mitsu and you want a performance sedan, look no further than the Cedia.

The Lancer has now become aged, rarely even get to see one in this part of the country. Moreover, it simply can't offer you all the safety and features the Cedia can.

There are quite a lot of Cedia owners here on T-Bhp. One of them I remember is reignofchaos. You can get his ownership report here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...hs-report.html (Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 11500 km(7 months) report)
esteemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 21:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
If you're inclined towards Mitsu and you want a performance sedan, look no further than the Cedia.
+1 to your point.

Cedia is far better compared to Lancer and is the best choice if you only want Mitsu's
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 21:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
+1 to your point.

Cedia is far better compared to Lancer and is the best choice if you only want Mitsu's

Yes Cedia is far better than lancer. But can this be justified in the 3lac difference. Also i am bit afraid of the service/Spare costs/availability that will be an issue. Since there are very less cedias on road and also this will be a sure cause if they stop Cedia production in india.
Old 17th March 2010, 21:48   #6
BHPian

I have both of them , and if you have to spend 11 L i think its better to wait for a new lancer as the old lancer is ancient now and cedia is a depreciation disaster u can get a good cedia in Delhi for about 4-5 lacks
If its company account and the resale will go in books only then you can buy a cedia other wise wait ,parts are just as expensive as any other car in this segment ,after Mitsubishi has reduced the prices

Rest its your call if u need it urgently in 2010 and cant wait for new lancer then buy cedia lancer is a no no to old Stuff , at the price u get a cedia for nothing comes close in driving pleasure for sure but u should be ready to see a resale price of 3-4 lacks after 3 years
rubin2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 21:54   #7
BHPian

But IMO those 3 lac extra you'll pay when you buy a Cedia, can't be more valuable than lives of your loved ones. Safety features will be highly missed in the Lancer.

Spare costs definitely would be on the higher side, but considering both are Mitsus, there can't be much of a difference. Sorry I don't know much on the spares availability etc front.

BTW why just Mitsubishis? Yeah they're great machines, but something like an ANHC can also be considered.
Old 17th March 2010, 22:08   #8
Team-BHP Support

Any reasons for Mitsubishi? Lancer is aged and hence not recommended. Cedia a true performance class vehicle. On the petrol front look at Honda also. You also have the base version of the Altis.

For diesel its always the Cruze to start with !
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2010, 22:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

I'd narrow it down to a Cedia or ANHC.

Have a look at the Honda and compare it with the Cedia.

Resale in ANHC is tops whereas Cedia has pathetic resale.
vkochar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 15:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
I have both of them , and if you have to spend 11 L i think its better to wait for a new lancer as the old lancer is ancient now and cedia is a depreciation disaster u can get a good cedia in Delhi for about 4-5 lacks
New lancer for 11 lacs? I was in the impression that they were to release the evo here and the price tag is around 25lacs Are you sure about the new lancer price? When can the launch be expected. Any Idea?
Old 18th March 2010, 16:16   #11
VMG
BHPian

I don't know why people always talk about resale while buying. If you keep it for 4-5 years resale value will be same for any car.
Do not compare Cedia with ANHC. Cedia is far better in all aspects. you can compare with Civic or Altis.
if you like Mitsu, just close your eyes and go for Cedia. it is VFM.
VMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 17:08   #12
BHPian

+1 to what VMG said about people and their fetish for resale value. A better place for such people would be the dalal street. If you sell a Cedia after 4 yers or so then resale isn't that bad.

For eg you get a Civic MT for about 13.5 lakhs and a Cedia for about 10 after discounts. Now a 2006 Cedia normally sells for about 3.8 Lakhs to 4.2 lakhs depending on condition. Total money lost is about 6.5 lakhs in four years. A 2006 Civic these days is available between 6.5 to 7.5 lakhs depending on condition. The toatal loss here is about 6 lakhs even if the car sells for 7.5. The difference then in resale value amounts to only about 50,000 provided the Civic sells for 7.5 and that too is value quoted by dealers around delhi so there would be some negotiation also which I've not yet considered.

The reason why I've compared Civic despite the higher price is that other cars which cost close to Cedia are in reality not in the same segment.

Check any car website and see for yourself. Hence resale is a useless point in reference to Cedia if selling in long-term. Short-selling would of course mean disaster compared to Honda or Toyota.

I'm really surprised and seeing people comparing the ANHC with the Cedia. They are two very different cars with very different hardware and belong to different segments regardless of which style of classification you follow. Civic or Corolla is what the Cedia competes against. ANHC is better left to battle it out with Vernas, Optras, Fiesta (best car in its segment) and similar cars.

Xenxer - No point considering the Lancer now. It's way too old and not worth spending the sticker price. Spare parts availability is not a problem with Cedia if you live in metro cities or the bigger tier 2 cities. Spare costs are also similar to that of Honda and Toyota and not as expensive as they used to be a few years back.

I own a Cedia and know a few people who have owned the car for quite some time now and they've never faced any major service/parts problems even in cases of major accidents.

While both the Corolla and Civic are excellent cars Cedia too has its own followers. If your heart wants it then simply go for it and trust me you'll enjoy every kilometre you drive. All the concerns that you listed out won't make your life hard at all provided you have a dealership in/around your place. Let us know your pick once you've finalised.

Last edited by lifeonwheels : 18th March 2010 at 17:13.
lifeonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 21:19   #13
BHPian

If this gives any comfort...I just sold a lancer Invecs Mar 2006 for 3.75. I purchased a Cedia in last september, it is a joy to drive around. Other cars dont even come near it in equipment department (OZ alloys, Momo steering, Evo leather seats, Navigation/Ipod/USB music system etc).

And now, I am registering my Outlander tomorrow

Mitsubishi cars are class apart.
rishi_kapoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2010, 21:22   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post

Mitsubishi cars are class apart.
+1 to that.

I guess you should blindly go for the Cedia, you already have got that contagious inclination for Mitsus.
Old 18th March 2010, 21:32   #15
BHPian

According to me it makes more sense to buy a pre owned Cedia. There are very good examples of sparely used Cedias in the market ( <25ooo kms) and at half the price. You dont get hit by the terrible resale and still get all the thrills. And you can save the extra money and add it to buy a Evo sometime down the line.
akshaymahajan is online now   Reply With Quote