Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 14th October 2014, 18:24   #31
D4D
BHPian

Default Re: Used Automatic car for less than 4 lakhs rupees

Your needs warrant a sedan and nothing is better than a Corolla as a used car. Honda accord will be a good choice too, but I don't know whether spares will be a problem. (I don't know anyone who owns an accord.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I feel a corolla in the used car market is more VFM than an i10 or i20.
I differ with you here. i20 and i10 are newer products than the Corolla and if you find a used one in your budget, it would have run less for sure.

Quote:
Also I am a little averse to Hyundai. (no offence to any Hyundai aficionados) They are not exactly cheap to maintain and might not be as reliable as a Toyota.
Sorry, but Hyundai's are extremely reliable. And they aren't too expensive to maintain. If there's anything that come close to Japanese reliability, it's hyundais cars.

Last edited by D4D : 14th October 2014 at 18:25.
D4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2016, 12:18   #32
BHPian

Reviving this old thread.

One of my friend is looking to buy a used automatic sedan in the budget of 5-6L.

He saw a few offer of 2010-11 Laura, Cruze and Corolla Altis.

I personally suggested him the Corolla. But he is inclined towards the other two.

What are the pros and cons of a 5 year old Cruze or Laura apart from the infamous A.S.S of Skoda?
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:07   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Reviving this old thread.

One of my friend is looking to buy a used automatic sedan in the budget of 5-6L.

He saw a few offer of 2010-11 Laura, Cruze and Corolla Altis.

I personally suggested him the Corolla. But he is inclined towards the other two.

What are the pros and cons of a 5 year old Cruze or Laura apart from the infamous A.S.S of Skoda?
Cruze and Laura will both have transmission failure scares running at the back of your mind. Corolla is reliable but not a fun to drive Automatic. I would suggest a 4-5 year old Civic or a City with some money kept aside for overhauling known issues on a 5 year old car like new suspension and engine mounts and leaking steering racks.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:36   #34
BHPian

Your best bet would be something from Honda stable. Civic from 2009-10 will definitely be in your budget, and for newer you can look at City from this decade. The other cars in the contention are either un-exciting or don't have long term trouble free ownership.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2016, 13:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Cruze and Laura will both have transmission failure scares running at the back of your mind. Corolla is reliable but not a fun to drive Automatic. I would suggest a 4-5 year old Civic or a City with some money kept aside for overhauling known issues on a 5 year old car like new suspension and engine mounts and leaking steering racks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Your best bet would be something from Honda stable. Civic from 2009-10 will definitely be in your budget, and for newer you can look at City from this decade. The other cars in the contention are either un-exciting or don't have long term trouble free ownership.
Not getting much Honda City. There are plenty of Civics and Corolla and well within the budget. Both are reliable I think. But the Civic has lower GC. I recommended Corolla as it gives a bit better FE.
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote