Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 27th May 2012, 15:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: '06 Baleno VXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_boom View Post
I have homed in on two late-2005 Baleno VXIs in Pune for purchase. I drove both of them and both seem to be in good condition. However, I have a couple of queries:
  1. How do I make sure that the a Baleno is indeed a VXI and not an disguised LXI? Both have the VXi badge, power antenna, spoiler and alloys. But the thing that has me worried is that one has the slider controls for AC and the other has the rotating one which looks cool.
The 'rotating one' is the climate control model. This one is surely a VXi. Climate control was introduced in the VXi in late 2005.

Earlier VXi's had slider AC controls.

Check the alloys. If they are OE, then one with the slider control will have 13" Aura alloys. The newer model will have 14" alloys.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 15:22   #17
BHPian

The cars are manufactured just 1 month apart, so I'm guessing the introduction of Climate Control happened during this period. What are the chances!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Check the alloys. If they are OE, then one with the slider control will have 13" Aura alloys. The newer model will have 14" alloys.
the alloys are these ones :
Attached Images

Last edited by sonic_boom : 27th May 2012 at 15:23.
sonic_boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2012, 16:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The cars are manufactured just 1 month apart, so I'm guessing the introduction of Climate Control happened during this period. What are the chances!?

the alloys are these ones :
The climate control model was launched either in Oct or Nov, if I recall correctly.

And, yes those were the alloys on the earlier VXi. You can check the new VXi alloys in my garage pics.
Old 27th May 2012, 19:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The climate control model was launched either in Oct or Nov, if I recall correctly.
You are right. One another difference is that the old Vxi had yellow indicator lens on the rear, while the newer one had white ones.

But how do he distinguish the other car from a dressed up Lxi? I guess he has to look at any invoice copy / RC book / insurance. Both my RC and insurance has Vxi marked in it.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2012, 23:35   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I just verified from the VIN and papers, its a July '05 manufactured Vxi. The seller is not going below 1.45 lacs though. The car is OK except for a mandatory all four tyre change and the left ways drift if I let go of the steering as I mentioned on the used car thread.

I haven't had a mechanic inspect it, but the seller says the car has no other issues and my instinct about the guy selling it is positive.

Should I go for it?

Last edited by sonic_boom : 3rd June 2012 at 23:57.
sonic_boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 07:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

28K road old Baleno is definitely a steal. From True value means prices may be a tad higher say by about 20-25K. But probably with an year or 6 months warranty, is it not.
Looking towards the pictures.
rajeev k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2012, 10:47   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just verified from the VIN and papers, its a July '05 manufactured Vxi. The seller is not going below 1.45 lacs though.
If it's in good condition, not requiring any immediate major expenses, then I'd think it's a fair price.