Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 25th April 2010, 17:29   #1

Default '06 Baleno VXi

First post here and I am already asking for info.

I have to check out a Q1 06 (regd) Baleno VXi tomorrow. I have a few questions. My questions are a bit premature as I haven't even taken a look at the car but want to be armed with all necessary info.

1) Was it the BSIII engine that was in the 06 Baleno? How do I check this on the car? Or will it be mentioned on the RC book?

2) What were the standard factory-fitted features on the 06 VXi? The agent claims it doesn't have a central lock while all reviews I read say it is std on the VXi. So I am a bit worried if he is passing off an Lxi for a Vxi. I guess the RC book would clarify this but wanted to know the features to look for first-hand.

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping I land a deal. I've been Baleno obsessed for a while without ever having driven one :-D
randombrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 18:25   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrick View Post
2) What were the standard factory-fitted features on the 06 VXi? The agent claims it doesn't have a central lock while all reviews I read say it is std on the VXi. So I am a bit worried if he is passing off an Lxi for a Vxi. I guess the RC book would clarify this but wanted to know the features to look for first-hand.
central locking was standard on the lxi as well.unless your talking about the security system keyless entry
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 20:20   #3
BHPian

in vxi you will get better seat fabric,rear defogger,rear power antena,spoilar,mag wheels and i think 06 baleno comes with better tyres and climate control.and no matter lxi or vxi it is a lovely car!
procircuit_234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 20:54   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
in vxi you will get better seat fabric,rear defogger,rear power antena,spoilar,mag wheels and i think 06 baleno comes with better tyres and climate control.
Procircuit has correctly mentioned all the things to look for in a 06 Baleno VXI. All accessories are available in the market, but Automatic climate control is not an aftermarket material. Point to be noted is, Balenos manufactured from end 2005 has this (ACC) feature. What is the quoted price and who is the dealer?
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 21:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

The VXi also had leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob. Central locking with keyless entry was standard.
Check my garage snaps. Has some exterior pics. It's a 06 VXi.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 11:06   #6

Thanks, guys. Will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Will the RC book specify the model (Lxi/Vxi) and the engine type (BS II/III) too? Carwale lists both the BSII and BSIII for 2006, so I am a bit confused.
Old 26th April 2010, 15:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

yes RC book will have the model.

BSIII was 2005-2006 onwards(bot sure).but a 2006 model is definitely not a BSII.

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 16:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

From an ex-baleno owner .

Quote:
1) Was it the BSIII engine that was in the 06 Baleno? How do I check this on the car? Or will it be mentioned on the RC book?
Yes check the RC book and a 2006 baleno was a BS III.

Quote:
Here's the list

1 - Aura Alloys from the factory.
2 - Climate Control
3 - An el-cheapo kenwood HU as stock from factory.
4 - Electrically retractable antenna on the right side .

Quote:
Keeping fingers crossed and hoping I land a deal. I've been Baleno obsessed for a while without ever having driven one :-D
That's gonna turn out to be an addiction once you pick it up, trust me. Good luck with the deal.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 20:02   #9
BHPian

To be Precise, BS III Balenos started coming in from Nov '05

Here is some more minor stuff to look for,
1) Height-adjusted Driver's seat
2) Center console with Silver color.
3) Cheap fabric door pads

Btw, all BS III Balenos also came with cloudy white rear turn indicators. If you are looking at all red rear lights, it is an indication that they are replaced.
WhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 13:49   #10

Folks,

I picked the car up :-) Bought it from TruValue. '06, 28k, VXi, Pearl Silver.

It's running-in time (for me that is). Still new to traffic and so holding the ponies back.
Old 7th May 2010, 11:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

How much did it cost?
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2010, 11:34   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
How much did it cost?
Paid 3.75L (all inclusive)
Old 11th May 2010, 15:52   #13
BHPian

congrats. how 'bout posting some pictures? If your car had no keyless alarm/lock, it was either removed, or you got an lxi. The key features to look for are: the aura alloys, keyless Nippon alarm/lock system, motorised antenna and leather-wrapped steering wheel.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2010, 15:59   #14

Thanks, filcord. It does have the Nippon remote/alarm system. The salesguy was a bit muddled.

I'll try and snap some pictures this weekend. Looking for the perfect light and location :-D
Old 27th May 2012, 14:02   #15
BHPian

Default Re: '06 Baleno VXi

I have homed in on two late-2005 Baleno VXIs in Pune for purchase. I drove both of them and both seem to be in good condition. However, I have a couple of queries:
  1. How do I make sure that the a Baleno is indeed a VXI and not an disguised LXI? Both have the VXi badge, power antenna, spoiler and alloys. But the thing that has me worried is that one has the slider controls for AC and the other has the rotating one which looks cool.
  2. Can the Baleno experts suggest a place in Pune where I can get the cars scanned in detail for hidden flaws like engine compression, clutch , suspension etc. ?
sonic_boom is offline   Reply With Quote