Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Old 3rd May 2010, 17:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Considering the price point difference. It makes sense to buy the bigger of the two since you will be keeping the car for 6 years ( during which your priorities may change).

If i were you, i would choose the ANHC. Goodluck !
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
As the demand of your family may change in the next 6 years, I would suggest going fof the ANHC. Another reason would be 25% highway.

If usage was purely city, then Jazz would b ea better bet.

In the long run the City would be better in terms of several factors such as:

1) Availability of spares (Jazz may get discontinued or long waiting times due to lesser demand for Jazz' parts)
2) The City is a sedan (More snob value + Boot)
3) The City will hold on to its value better (Higher Re-Sale)
4) The City's got a larger engine + more power.
5) If the size of your family increases the City will be able to accommodate better.
maglev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 23:08   #17
BHPian

Just wanted to inform you all that , I have booked a AHNC VMT. Expecting delivery around 25th of May.

I will post my intital experience after one week of delivery.

Thank you all for your inputs.

@Mods, please close the thread.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 23:48   #18
BHPian

Jazz is simply no value for money. Yes it has its positives in boot space, great visibility etc, but the interiors could be a lot better at the price point.
The engine is good but not too powerful in my opinion.
ANHC on the other hand is a little expensive as well as far as value for money is concerned. I also dont like the lack of headroom.
But overall I feel its better than the Jazz and will sell for a long time to come.
Not sure if Honda will keep the Jazz going given the poor monthly numbers.

Also a sedan is definitely more comfortable than a hatch.
vikramk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:53   #19
BHPian

guys, i am in the same dilemma, jazz or the city. Checked at ring rd honda and getting a total discount (finance+corporate + other) as 50000. On road price in ggn is now 7.16 l for select model. On the other other hand no discount on city. So city on road price in gurgaon is 9.16 lakhs.A difference of rs 2 lakhs. now what should be the choice. Jazz or the ANHC. Mind says ANHC (good resale, bigger engine, a boot) and heart says Jazz (good looks, lots of space and "exclusive" - everybody has a city). I have a 4 yr old baleno (70k on odo) and a 2 yr old estilo (25k on odo).

pls help!!!
shivmarwaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
guys, i am in the same dilemma, jazz or the city. Checked at ring rd honda and getting a total discount (finance+corporate + other) as 50000. On road price in ggn is now 7.16 l for select model. On the other other hand no discount on city. So city on road price in gurgaon is 9.16 lakhs.A difference of rs 2 lakhs. now what should be the choice. Jazz or the ANHC. Mind says ANHC (good resale, bigger engine, a boot) and heart says Jazz (good looks, lots of space and "exclusive" - everybody has a city). I have a 4 yr old baleno (70k on odo) and a 2 yr old estilo (25k on odo).

pls help!!!
Well, another thing to consider is that you will find it difficult to find a second hand Jazz.. What would that mean? Owners are really happy..The resale value of honda cars - city in particular (not the accord) holds its own against the diesel counter parts from Ford, Hyundai etc. The frequent special editions at deep discounts is something that Honda does not resort to (though i wish they did), combined with their reliability and build quality results in good resale value.

The Jazz is a mini MUV with its magic seats. It has a better build quality apparently. It is a little noisy compared to the City.. So if you are a city driver who drives with the music and the a/c on all the time, Jazz would be the one to go for. The 5 star EuroCAP safety is an added benefit. I really admire Honda for not compromising on safety features across models - even the low end E model of City has airbags, ABS/EBD etc. as does both the models of Jazz. Three cheers.
rangaraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 12:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
guys, i am in the same dilemma, jazz or the city. A difference of rs 2 lakhs.
pls help!!!
Shiv, I was in same situation(hence the thread) earlier.

I deicded to take ANHC. Refer to my onwership thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...oving-h-h.html.

I would suggest if you intend to keep the car for 6 to 7 years it's better to have a bigger car as your family priority may change in this period.

Falling sales of Jazz is also a factor you need to take into account.
Ram_NP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 13:11   #22
BHPian

Hi
Expected conclusion. Whatever said Jazz will not make it close to ANHC. Its a pretty neat hatchback but still a hatchback. Congrats on your buy.
Cheers.
drrajasaravanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 14:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangaraj View Post
Well, another thing to consider is that you will find it difficult to find a second hand Jazz.. What would that mean? Owners are really happy..
I have seen few Jazz on sale with classic automobiles in Jayanagar. Even on Carwale, I could not see many ANHCs on sale but there are few Jazz even though Jazz was launched much later.
Guna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2010, 15:38   #24
BHPian

[Fog lamps ( No need to do headlight bulb upgrade)[/quote]

Jayanth,

Would mind elaborating on this please. i sincerely didn't get what you are trying to say here.

whats the power of the fog lamps?

i feel even with the fog lamps, ANHC needs an upgrade of headlamps for sure.
nandans2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 10:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
[Fog lamps ( No need to do headlight bulb upgrade )

Jayanth,

Would mind elaborating on this please. i sincerely didn't get what you are trying to say here.

whats the power of the fog lamps?

i feel even with the fog lamps, ANHC needs an upgrade of headlamps for sure.
I have never felt that lighting was inadequate in highways, esp with fog lamps. I had to dim the lights for the opposite traffic (Looks like it's to bright for them. However If I don't use the fog lamps, I feel it's really inadequate.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 24th June 2010 at 11:03.
jayanth_yk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 16:49   #26
BHPian

Going for the city would be better. Since you plan to keep the car for six years the priorities change and a bigger family might dictate a bigger car.Further 25% of highway drives scream for the City and not Jazz.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 09:41   #27
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Jazz or City

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Going for the city would be better. Since you plan to keep the car for six years the priorities change and a bigger family might dictate a bigger car.Further 25% of highway drives scream for the City and not Jazz.
I went for a Jazz when I purchased one in 2012. The Jazz was about 1.5-2 lacs cheaper and I felt that the internal space was more or less the same.

In the last 2+ years of using the car, I never felt that "practically" that I should have for a City. The driving experience has been perfect, seating and leg room is near identical to a City. However:

1. The Jazz is still considered a Hatchback and with the introduction of Brio, sometimes people mistake it for a Brio. So, no bragging rights.
2. I think this is a common problem across all Honda cars. The ground clearance is pathetic. If the car has 4 occupants, I feel that you can sweep Bangalore roads if you just put tooth brushes below the car. I know its exaggeration, but you end up scraping every small bumper on your way!
areddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 10:15   #28
BHPian

I would have bough Jazz hands-down any day if it hadn't been for the pathetic GC. And to top it, the roads in Kolkata and bylanes are no good either.

The smaller sibling Brio has too many cost cutting in the interiors and the rear hatch is a hate/like element. The only good part is the 1.2 iVtec engine - which is rev happy, superbly refined and can evoke the silent enthusiast in you. Jazz on the other hand feels up-market and the interiors are plush and in-tune with the Honda badge. If only the car was re-launched with better GC, it would a direct contender with the i20 (P) in this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
I went for a Jazz when I purchased one in 2012. The Jazz was about 1.5-2 lacs cheaper and I felt that the internal space was more or less the same.

In the last 2+ years of using the car, I never felt that "practically" that I should have for a City. The driving experience has been perfect, seating and leg room is near identical to a City. However:

1. The Jazz is still considered a Hatchback and with the introduction of Brio, sometimes people mistake it for a Brio. So, no bragging rights.
2. I think this is a common problem across all Honda cars. The ground clearance is pathetic. If the car has 4 occupants, I feel that you can sweep Bangalore roads if you just put tooth brushes below the car. I know its exaggeration, but you end up scraping every small bumper on your way!
CountMe91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 18:39   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
I would have bough Jazz hands-down any day if it hadn't been for the pathetic GC. And to top it, the roads in Kolkata and bylanes are no good either.

The smaller sibling Brio has too many cost cutting in the interiors and the rear hatch is a hate/like element. The only good part is the 1.2 iVtec engine - which is rev happy, superbly refined and can evoke the silent enthusiast in you. Jazz on the other hand feels up-market and the interiors are plush and in-tune with the Honda badge. If only the car was re-launched with better GC, it would a direct contender with the i20 (P) in this segment.
The 2014 Jazz apparently has better GC which has been verified by test drivers. So its definitely a good sign. Lets watch out this space for more.

If they address the seemingly trivial issues, I think Honda has a more aspirational value than a Hyundai and hence should do better.
areddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote