Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2010, 13:40   #1

Default Manza Quadrajet ABS or Skoda Fabia Diesel?

Hi all,

Require your advice. I am looking for a car (which will mostly be driver driven). I almost finalized on the Manza as I and my wife would be sitting at the back-seat. However, given the low "prestige" value attached to TATA's my wife has been insisting that I check out the Fabia Diesel too.

Given that comfort comes first and reliability + brand value second, do you recommend that I even consider fabia or should I just go ahead with the Manza purchase.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:14   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

I am bit surprised at your options.

Comfort comes first and reliability + brand value second.

Manza rules for now whens it about comfort and reliability ( and a.s.s. compared to Skoda).

And you are interested in diesels or petrol? Would suggest you take here with you for a test drive.
Old 14th May 2010, 16:24   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

CKPartha,

Since you are a newbie, have you seen the skoda service horror stories? I suggest you do a search of this forum and then decide if you still want to buy the skoda. It may be a good car, but the service leaves a lot to be desired. And in Bombay, Autobahn is known for giving it's customers a lot of trouble.

Personally, i would choose the Manza. I have sat in both cars and Manza is supremely comfortable.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Tejas@perioimpl.

Manza is the overall better car amongst the two. Do also read the ownership experience of Manza owners who have till date not complained.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:14   #5
BHPian

+1 check out the Skoda Stories.

Go for the Manza, its a loaded vehicle with all sorts gadgets.
Old 14th May 2010, 17:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKPartha View Post
Given that comfort comes first and reliability + brand value second, do you recommend that I even consider fabia or should I just go ahead with the Manza purchase.
Is there any comparison? In manza you get atleast 2 out of 3 that is comfort and reliability. but in Fabia you get none of the three and no boot either.
Old 14th May 2010, 18:03   #7
BHPian

If you want sheer solidness, uniqueness, high speed stability, good ride comfort, brand value - go for skoda, I just loved it when I drove it for around 10 days.

I think service should be the only factor which should stop u from buying skoda.
Old 14th May 2010, 23:08   #8

hi...thanks all..I did take a test ride today morning. Found the Skoda back seat good but the comfort level in Manza was really much better. I also booked my Grey Noir color Manza Quadrajet ABS at Concorde Motors Mumbai tdy itself. Gave them an advance of 20k.

- Now they tell me that if I need a pre-inspection before it goes to registration, I need to go to Bhiwandi Stockyard. Is it true?

- Also, when do i pay the full amount. At the point of delivery or before that. I am asking this because they said they can deliver it in 2-3 days after encashing my cheque and they seem to have my car ready at their stockyard. Is this how it works?

- I insisted on my own insurance and after some initial refusal saying they don't do this at Concorde (how I can understand the sweet 5-10k they make from insurance firm), they agreed to it. Now I checked with a couple of agents and they gave me a quotation of 21k (against 24.3k quoted by concorde). Has anyone heard of anything lower than this in Mumbai. Any help will be much appreciated.

Btw, some simple reasons why I went for Manza and not Skoda -

All the reasons on why it is a good car have already been mentioned in team-bhp reviews and many other learned friends. The only problem I had was with the a.s.s.

- Buying at Concorde Motors (dealership owned 100% Tata Motors owned) gave me some comfort. If I did have any problem I know I can get it solved by writing in to some senior people at Tata's. If not anything, I am convinced that (or so I believe) I can make the right noises at the right levels for the people at ground level to get their act together.

- The E.Moses road workshop apparently is also a Tata Motors run agency, where I plan to get it serviced. Again, (hopefully I dont have see them often) if any issue comes up I can probably make them get some needed attention, if required.

I somehow believe that my similar experiences in some otherwise good desi firms (like SBI) had surprising turned out to be suddenly responsive from disinterested looks after some "nice" emails.

I will soon update my TD experiences at various dealers and my owndership reports!
Old 16th May 2010, 20:45   #9
BHPian

Now that you have booked the Manza, best of luck but did you consider fiesta tdci. it may not be as comfy as manza but definitely commands more respect.
Old 17th May 2010, 00:25   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
Now that you have booked the Manza, best of luck but did you consider fiesta tdci. it may not be as comfy as manza but definitely commands more respect.
Unfortunately, I didnt consider it. All the research I did pointed to Manza, Fabia and Logan being the most comfortable back seat ride.
Old 6th August 2010, 20:14   #11

Hey Partha
I am also a mumbaikar (Powai)
I am keen to hear your exp with Tata Manza
I am also planning to buy one soon (Diesel)
So Pl revert with your exp.
Old 7th August 2010, 02:48   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKPartha View Post
hi...thanks all..I did take a test ride today morning. Found the Skoda back seat good but the comfort level in Manza was really much better. I also booked my Grey Noir color Manza Quadrajet ABS at Concorde Motors Mumbai tdy itself. Gave them an advance of 20k.

Congratulations! At its price point, there is no better vehicle.

- Now they tell me that if I need a pre-inspection before it goes to registration, I need to go to Bhiwandi Stockyard. Is it true?

I believe this is generally what is done, and usually works out for the best.

- Also, when do i pay the full amount. At the point of delivery or before that. I am asking this because they said they can deliver it in 2-3 days after encashing my cheque and they seem to have my car ready at their stockyard. Is this how it works?
I have no idea about the same. However, the best is to make sure that they have the car in stock, do a PDI, and if you are satisfied (and have noted down the VIN number), I think it should be safe to make the payment. However, check out the forum for more related to this as I am not sure of the same.

I will soon update my TD experiences at various dealers and my owndership reports!
Hope to see a detailed review soon!
Please note my replies in bold.
Old 7th August 2010, 07:33   #13
BHPian

I don't think you want to compare a large sedan and a premium hatchback. But since you have, let's get into it.

The Manza is extremely roomy and should provide good comfort in the case of chauffeur driven cars. But when my father and I went to look at the Manza, we got to see the Linea too since it's a Tata-Fiat showroom now. The noteable differences were in the build quality. Tata cleverly tries to throw in more of something to seem a better offer. But the thing is, Fiat did this with finesse. Quality came first for the linea, quantity later. For instance, the power window switch panels looked like extremely cheap plastic for the manza, I'd imagine them peeling off or breaking or becoming lose in a few months/years. The build quality of the manza was average, and below average all around the car. The bumper was bent out of shape in front, i.e. sticking out more in some places etc. It bent easily under the pressure of my hand. This doesn't seem like quality engineering at all. If you consider the manza, I'd suggest you take a good tour of the Linea. As for the Fabia, I can not comment since I haven't driven this car. However, all I hear about Skoda's after sales service is bad things.

Good luck.
Old 7th August 2010, 19:14   #14
Team-BHP Support

Old thread .
Closed Thread