Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread

Old 7th June 2010, 20:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Aquarius is not available any more so you have one reason for not getting an S. But I saw one in Paprika Red the other day and it looked equally hot. BTW have you even TD-ed it yet or going by its looks alone?
I will defintiely TD this time. Last time i went i saw i20, liked it very much but Dad Objected it. Got into an Argument and in fit of rage booked the i10 without even TD'ing at it,

Its not going to be the same this time
Old 8th June 2010, 13:12   #17
Senior - BHPian

TD the S, a proper long one. If you are taking it from Chennai Ford then take it all the way to Tambaram bye pass. That should give you an idea about the way the S would handle

I would vote for a silver S with dark tints!
Old 8th June 2010, 13:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I second this. The S looks fabulous in this avatar. Second choice would be Paprika Red with dark tints.
Old 8th June 2010, 14:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TD the S, a proper long one. If you are taking it from Chennai Ford then take it all the way to Tambaram bye pass. That should give you an idea about the way the S would handle

Quote:
I second this. The S looks fabulous in this avatar. Second choice would be Paprika Red with dark tints.
I am taking it from MPL Ford. However, i have asked it to come to my Office today. As i know the road well i can take a spin in bad patches as well as some real good roads (some twisties too)

Silver S with black tints!!, ohhh must be another jaw dropper.
I think Ford Should pay you guys some margin You guys are really fixing the S in my head
Old 8th June 2010, 16:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Praveen, Any update on the TD?
Old 8th June 2010, 17:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Praveen, Any update on the TD?
That useless female called up and said they are caught up in an MD meeting, so i asked them to come on Friday.

Tomorrow is booked for ANHC
Old 8th June 2010, 17:18   #22
BHPian

Mi10, what is the on road price of the 1.6 S and Sxi ? What kinda discounts are available at the moment ?
Old 8th June 2010, 17:20   #23
Senior - BHPian

The usual lousy story from MPL Ford when they cant make it for a TD. MPL looks more interested in selling the Figo to every other customer.

Anyways, do let us know your feedback post the ANHC TD.
Old 8th June 2010, 17:32   #24
BHPian

Mi10, Praveen. Why don't you test drive SX4?
Old 8th June 2010, 18:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
That useless female called up and said they are caught up in an MD meeting, so i asked them to come on Friday.

Tomorrow is booked for ANHC
Wow, they are still using the 'MD meeting' line. Morons can't even come up with some creative excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
Mi10, what is the on road price of the 1.6 S and Sxi ? What kinda discounts are available at the moment ?
As per Mi10, it's 7.99 after a 60K discount for the 'A List'. Additional 5K worth stuff thrown in.

Quote:
The usual lousy story from MPL Ford when they cant make it for a TD. MPL looks more interested in selling the Figo to every other customer.
I see that you have heard this story before too.

Last edited by Gilead : 8th June 2010 at 18:20.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Mi10, Praveen. Why don't you test drive SX4?
Yes I am planning that on Thursday. Somehow SX4 is not striking any chord in me like a S or a Cedia.

Quote:
Wow, they are still using the 'MD meeting' line. Morons can't even come up with some creative excuses.
Guess What, as per the latest turn of events, i have booked 1.6S Test Drive with MPL Ford, Taramani for tomorrow 1:30 PM and Booked 1.6S Test Drive with MPL Ford, Nandanam for Friday 1:30 PM. I hope i am not driving the same car with different reps

Seems like MPL Ford hasn't got robust lead tracking mechanisam.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:41   #27
BHPian

Praveen,

I can understand the pain in letting go of your swift for this new car. Here is my thoughts on this:

As everyone has mentioned, let go of swift as the resale vale will take a hot for I10 at this point of time for a new car. If possible try to put the classified in your organisation itself. there by you will get good deals.

Regarding the cars under your radar:

Fiesta - looks good and its well within your budget too.
Cedia - is a dead horse because of the retained look of lancer (This is purely my perception, please dont bash me for this).
ANHC - Good vehicle but overly priced
Altis - Even though slightly out of budget, this a VFM car.
I 20 is a good contender too.
What abour Linea and Manza? Since this is a strict petrol requirement, these are diesel sedan, but they are peppy with their engines.

My gut feel tells me that you are going to settle with Fiesta than a ANHC.
Old 8th June 2010, 19:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

^^ That too in the S trim
Old 8th June 2010, 20:17   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
Praveen,

I can understand the pain in letting go of your swift for this new car. Here is my thoughts on this:

As everyone has mentioned, let go of swift as the resale vale will take a hot for I10 at this point of time for a new car. If possible try to put the classified in your organisation itself. there by you will get good deals.

Regarding the cars under your radar:

Fiesta - looks good and its well within your budget too.
Cedia - is a dead horse because of the retained look of lancer (This is purely my perception, please dont bash me for this).
ANHC - Good vehicle but overly priced
Altis - Even though slightly out of budget, this a VFM car.
I 20 is a good contender too.
What abour Linea and Manza? Since this is a strict petrol requirement, these are diesel sedan, but they are peppy with their engines.

My gut feel tells me that you are going to settle with Fiesta than a ANHC.
Yes Hari,
I do understand that selling the Swift makes more financial Sense, however few decisions in life are more emotional that finance and other related attributes just fall flat in front of it.
I think i am paying the price for my hasty & indiscrete attitude when buying the i10. So i made up my mind, whether i buy the new sedan now or after 2 months or after 6 months the Swift stays and the i10 leaves.

As on papers, the Cedia seems to be the one for me, however the power delivery is very refined. It does get wild as the RPM increases, but at lower RPMs it doesn't justify the 2Litre, 115 BHP, 175 NM figures. The ride at the rear was plush though (Esp after my back breaking experiences with my i10). Gadgetry was out of the world for its class. Momo steering was good to hold and drive but getting to the horn was bit cumbersome. Alloys pedals was sexy, Leather Seats, Gearknob and Steering all gave me a fair bit of sportiness.

Fiesta S - Defintley S (i mean Yes) Within Budget but i want a test Drive (Ford are you hearing.. lol)

ANHC - the EMT and SMT fits in my budget - Will have to Test drive and decide

Altis - Is surely out of budget, also i still have 24 years to reach 50 years of age

i20 - Petrol is a waste (same engine as i10 and sloppy with more weight) CRDI is good but handling and body roll is pathetic. Infact the 1.2 Kappa mated to a Fiesta gear box in a Swift Chasis would be a dream

Linea 1.4 petrol is very slow (to start and to stop)

Manza is a true VFM but some how the looks put me off

Atleast one car in your gut feeling is right

Quote:
^^ That too in the S trim
Does ANHC come in S trim ?
Old 9th June 2010, 10:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Seems like MPL Ford hasn't got robust lead tracking mechanisam.
It could be the same car at both places. lol Keep an eye on the regn. number. I remember the TD 1.6S at MPL Nandanam had a slight pull to the left when i drove it in Oct. I hope they fixed it.

You mentioned you were dealing with a female at Nandanam. Are her initials T.U by any chance? This person tried to pull a fast one on me. I finally bought my car from anachronix's sales guy.

Quote:
Does ANHC come in S trim ?
See if AT is within your budget.

About the margin, you can probably share some of the 60K discount with us if you buy a Fiesta. I don't want cash. I'll just settle for half the ICE in your i10.

Last edited by Gilead : 9th June 2010 at 10:25.
Closed Thread